View Full Version : IF UB.............

Feltin Licter
10-03-2005, 10:33 PM
If UB went from a terrible bonus structure, to a good one, I think it could be close to Party/Stars. I have a feeling they read our posts, DONT BE SO GREEDY UB ! You have the best software with the WORST management.

theben
10-03-2005, 10:57 PM
UB sucks. i used to only play there. now i never play there. not just thier bon policy is gay, but thier CS totally bites

dibbs
10-03-2005, 11:20 PM
Close to Party/Stars as in the overall game quality or what?

MediaPA
10-04-2005, 12:28 AM
Gotta agree with you. If I found another site with the mini view I'd switch.

I like the software, like the games, but to play 250 hands and get 12.50 in bonus if I'm lucky feels a little cheap.

Plus the rake at heads up probably 3/6 and below limit tables is murber.

J_B
10-04-2005, 12:44 AM
Pros:

1. mini view.

Cons:
1. Bonuses suck
2. [censored] sucks (tourney entries don't count)
3. Rake Structure sucks
4. Points sytem sucks
5. games are fairly sucky
6. hand history doesn't save to hd
7. average withdrawls.

Why would I want to play there, UB? I recently withdrew all of my $$$ from UB with no intent of returning. I have A LOT of uncleared bonus there too. Well over $1k, maybe even $2k, I don't recall.

TobDog
10-04-2005, 01:50 AM
Prima has a miniview, its not the slender one like UB but its about half the size of a normal table

dibbs
10-04-2005, 03:05 AM
The hand histories are pretty easily saved using UH FWIW

billyb
10-04-2005, 04:40 PM
or poker ace hud.

too bad thier bonus is so bad.

peace
wwonka

Keith Fellmy
10-04-2005, 06:26 PM
i left 3K in bonus money when I got out. I would always defend UB from its critics...but not any more. Bonus sucked but now sucks even worse. Tight games, except on weekends. CS is the second worst of all poker sites (Crypto is the worst).

Bye Bye UB

UATrewqaz
10-04-2005, 06:35 PM
I concur, in the midst of rooms desperately fighting for players UB has decided that gutting their bonuses and getting uppity is the best route.

I am no longer playing on UB period, event hough it's the only site i have rakeback for.

Shoe
10-04-2005, 08:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i left 3K in bonus money when I got out. I would always defend UB from its critics...but not any more. Bonus sucked but now sucks even worse. Tight games, except on weekends. CS is the second worst of all poker sites (Crypto is the worst).

Bye Bye UB

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here... I always used to defend UB too. No more. I am completely done playing there unless they start making positive changes. The only exception would be if i decide to go back an try the aruba qualifiers next year.

alimomoney
10-04-2005, 11:21 PM
I used to to the bulk of my playing at UB. The mini view is great. I was well satisfied with customer service. My major complaint was software reliability. All too often I had to reboot after getting this DOS type error message. I learned to reboot before starting a session and then it would run trouble free. But the points cutback drove me away. Sometimes I play some Ultimate Points games. I've got 70,000 points and don't know what to do with them.

RCM
10-05-2005, 01:33 PM
Hmm, guess I'll be the lone voice of dissent here. I play UB 40+ hours/week and am over +7BB/100 w/100k+ hands of $0.05/$0.10 & $0.10/$0.25 NLHE played, so I don't think the games are *too* tough. I'll let you know as I'm about $50 away from moving up to $0.25/$0.50, but don't really expect that game to be any tougher...I've played much higher before this, and the fish manage to swim pretty far upstream.

The one thing that gets me about the posts slamming UB's bonus structure is this...so you don't clear your bonus in 700 hands like Party (or like they used to...haven't played there in over a year), so what? Have the other poker sites started giving more than one bonus per month since I've been at UB? If they haven't, you are still getting one bonus per month, no matter how fast you clear it, so what's the diff? If these complaints are coming from ppl whose main source of poker income is coming from their bonuses cleared, I might humbly suggest that more time spent on improving their play and less time chasing down re-load bonuses may be more profitable in the L-T.

Phaedrus

flair1239
10-05-2005, 01:38 PM
The games on UB are good enough and the software is slick enough, that I would play the same amount there bonus or no bonus.

But I also have Rakeback. UB is my favorite site at the moment.

10-05-2005, 01:55 PM
Pokershare combined with a RB deal, brings the RB up to a decent level. The games tend to play faster than most sites. That's more +ev.

BigBiceps
10-05-2005, 02:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Pokershare combined with a RB deal, brings the RB up to a decent level. The games tend to play faster than most sites. That's more +ev.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, I like UB. I missed some bonuses due to lack of money in neteller and regret it. You get as many hands in limit 3 tabling at UB as 4 tabling almost any other site.

The only site who has better software I have seen is Full Tilt. It is nice that Full Tilt remembers where you want your windows on the screen. However, I like 10 handed more than 9 handed.

J_B
10-05-2005, 06:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hmm, guess I'll be the lone voice of dissent here. I play UB 40+ hours/week and am over +7BB/100 w/100k+ hands of $0.05/$0.10 & $0.10/$0.25 NLHE played, so I don't think the games are *too* tough. I'll let you know as I'm about $50 away from moving up to $0.25/$0.50, but don't really expect that game to be any tougher...I've played much higher before this, and the fish manage to swim pretty far upstream.

The one thing that gets me about the posts slamming UB's bonus structure is this...so you don't clear your bonus in 700 hands like Party (or like they used to...haven't played there in over a year), so what? Have the other poker sites started giving more than one bonus per month since I've been at UB? If they haven't, you are still getting one bonus per month, no matter how fast you clear it, so what's the diff? If these complaints are coming from ppl whose main source of poker income is coming from their bonuses cleared, I might humbly suggest that more time spent on improving their play and less time chasing down re-load bonuses may be more profitable in the L-T.

Phaedrus

[/ QUOTE ]

At the levels you are at, UB is probably your best bet. Once you get to .5/1 you will be much better off somewhere else.

Absolute has more bonuses than anyone in the industry.

10-05-2005, 06:56 PM
I am leaving UB as well - multi poker 20x is much more profitable than UB bonus points - plus with UB it seems I am playing the same players over and over - love the software all else stinks

RCM
10-05-2005, 07:45 PM
I agree that the level my roll allows me to play at the moment isn't filled with the best competition, but I've played as high as $5/$10 NLHE @ UB with some forays even higher than that, so I feel that the stiffer competition won't bother me that much.

Just curious, why do you think something changes at $0.50/$1? I only really noticed the competition getting tougher at about $2/$4. Do you know something about the rake structure I'm unaware of or something?

DWarrior
10-05-2005, 08:26 PM
What about PokerShare? They're offering 33% rakeback, plus that whole 40% share thing going on. It might be good to play with 33% rb while clearing the 250 bonus.

J_B
10-05-2005, 11:46 PM
at the .5/1 level bonus clearing at most sites becomes attractive. you can check bw's site for a nice chart. Below .5/1 you really can't clear any bonus quick enough to be worth while. More bonuses clear nicely at 1/2 vs. .5/1 too.

I looked into pokershare. That's a joke too. It'll be great for those who signup right away and continue playing. Note their share that is given to the player is based on the TOTAL number of points accumulated EVER. So, Jefro who starts 1 year from now and earns 5k points probably only gets like $0.02 in profits for the month. Of course he gets less and less as time goes on. IMHO, pokershare must redo that program at some point or it will cease to be attractive to anyone. I can so see this ending up as a situation where the total points accumulated is say 1,000,000 a year from now. Then Jefro's 5k which he played his ass off to get are almost worthless.

Just my $0.02. PS probably good for now, not in the future though.

Excerpt from their site:
------
The more SharePoints you earn, the bigger the share you own.

For example, after three months, if all of the players of Poker Share have a collective total of 10,000 SharePoints, and you have 500 SharePoints, then you own 5% of the of the players’ share.

After the second three months, all of the players of Poker Share have earned 15,000 SharePoints, then the total SharePoints in circulation is 25,000. You’ve earned 2,000 points in this three months, which puts your total to 2,500 points and so your percentage of the players’ share is now 10%.

As you can see, if you didn’t play in the last three months and you only had 500 points, then your percentage of the profits would have dropped to 2%.

So the more you play the more you earn!

------

Can you see why this will fail in the long term? Probably one of the most self defeating programs ever.

DWarrior
10-06-2005, 12:12 AM
Yeah, but you don't realize that we get % of the ownership just for playing at their site. I think it's a really useless, overly complicated scheme that nobody will really understand. I don't know who they're targeting with that offer, it doesn't even sound that attractive to a total fish, for them the $250 is better than some vague percentage of profits. I have typical 18 year old fish friends, and I definetly know the 40% of profits will go over their heads.

I do like the r******* that is offered on it: 33% cashable daily.

My problem with that was actually the opposite: we become part owners of the business, so if it happens to lose money, do we share in that %?

arod4276
10-06-2005, 12:50 AM
they dont calculate rake in the same manner as aprty fyi..

DWarrior
10-06-2005, 12:56 AM
how do they?

timprov
10-06-2005, 12:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
they dont calculate rake in the same manner as aprty fyi..

[/ QUOTE ]

Where have you been the last 9 months?

It was contributed rake in 2004. They fixed it.

arod4276
10-06-2005, 01:09 AM
HMMMMM i didnt know pokershare was around in 2004? wtf are u talking about? Pokershare figures rake the same as pokerroom skins, contributed rake only

timprov
10-06-2005, 01:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
HMMMMM i didnt know pokershare was around in 2004? wtf are u talking about? Pokershare figures rake the same as pokerroom skins, contributed rake only

[/ QUOTE ]

Thought you meant UB. But I'm pretty sure PokerShare doesn't calculate rake in a different way than UB does. You're going to need to provide a source for that.

arod4276
10-06-2005, 01:29 AM
wouldny say i need to.. but

http://www.rakereduction.com/ub/

timprov
10-06-2005, 01:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
wouldny say i need to.. but

http://www.rakereduction.com/ub/

[/ QUOTE ]

The Pokershare Affiliate Agreement (http://www.pokershare.com/pages/page332.php) uses the other method:

[ QUOTE ]

A Player's contribution to the "rake" shall be determined by dividing the actual amount of rake generated during a hand by the number of players who were dealt cards during that hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Edit: since that's rakereduction.com/ub, I suspect they never bothered to update when UB changed from contributed rake along about January.

arod4276
10-06-2005, 01:50 AM
You may well be right,, i was just going by what i read from the site.

RCM
10-06-2005, 02:50 AM
OK, so you were talking about the time it takes to work off bonus $, not the level of competition. I see your point about the bonuses taking a long time to work off below $0.50/$1, they do take a while. Thanks for the answer.