PDA

View Full Version : Shredded Wheat

sfer
10-03-2005, 10:27 PM
I haven't eaten breakfast cereal is something like 12 years, basically since I started college. Megantw just reminded me of Shredded Wheat. OMG, that stuff is just insanely good when it spends just the briefest time in milk and softens just a bit. Agree?

Voltron87
10-03-2005, 10:34 PM
agree. its a regular in my breakfast rotation which i look to when i dont eat bagels.

BWebb
10-03-2005, 10:35 PM
Frosted or not?

istewart
10-03-2005, 10:37 PM
I can't look past the fact that it has zero sugar. This must be made up for by a lot of strawberries or bananas, which I never would have time for.

And all of your milk disappears.

Not bad, though.

InchoateHand
10-03-2005, 10:37 PM
You are correct, but the key is timing.

Sometime you have it, and sometimes you get distracted and have weird mush.

Ideally, one of my fem-slaves would delicately lower each spoonful into the milk for the ideal time.

Voltron87
10-03-2005, 10:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You are correct, but the key is timing.

Sometime you have it, and sometimes you get distracted and have weird mush.

Ideally, one of my fem-slaves would delicately lower each spoonful into the milk for the ideal time.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. good point.

2. and they wonder why I have a hooker.

stanky
10-03-2005, 10:50 PM
I like it more as a snack, straight from the box to my mouth. I don't like when it's in the bowl with milk, something just doesn't look right and last couple of ones always get soggy.

megantw
10-03-2005, 10:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like it more as a snack, straight from the box to my mouth. I don't like when it's in the bowl with milk, something just doesn't look right and last couple of ones always get soggy.

[/ QUOTE ]

When eating cereal, I use teeny bowls and re-pour once or twice. I also only use a little milk in the initial bowl and add a little with each re-pour so the milk is always cool. The sog factor is always perfect.

stanky
10-03-2005, 11:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When eating cereal, I use teeny bowls and re-pour once or twice. I also only use a little milk in the initial bowl and add a little with each re-pour so the milk is always cool. The sog factor is always perfect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like too much work. I'm lazy.

Have you ever tried chilling your cereal bowl? When I wake up I put a bowl in the freezer, I'll shower and shave and whatever and when I'm done I've got a nice chilled bowl to keep the milk cold.

megantw
10-03-2005, 11:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Have you ever tried chilling your cereal bowl? When I wake up I put a bowl in the freezer, I'll shower and shave and whatever and when I'm done I've got a nice chilled bowl to keep the milk cold.

[/ QUOTE ]

!! I've never thought about doing this. I'm going to have to try it. I've been eating breakfast at work, though, so I'll have to wait until the weekend.

I still like the wee bowls to keep the mush level just right.

daryn
10-04-2005, 12:21 AM
that's weird you should mention that because THIS MORNING i had a bowl of shredded wheat for the first time in a long time and i thought it was great. of course no sugar or anything.

daryn
10-04-2005, 12:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like too much work. I'm lazy.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's a great idea and i commend you sir if you invented it. genius.

10-04-2005, 12:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with the cold, cold bowl. And, to help with the chillin' and sweetenin', and keepin' the flakes crispy (I don't like shredded wheat. Wheat Chex is OK) I add vanilla ice cream. I've tried chocolate on Rice Krispies and that was good, but plain old vanilla is the best!

theben
10-04-2005, 12:35 AM
i like frosted mini wheats. i loved the short time they had fruit (stawrb) filled ones. too bad they are gone

10-04-2005, 01:26 AM
It's good with apple juice instead of milk.