golfboy7
10-03-2005, 09:49 PM
Put you in my shoes

2/4 party 4 tabler (for now)

Stats are: vpip: 18.81
pfr: 10.21
WTS: 32.4
W$ASD: 54.3

If you used strictly PT stats coupled with gametime+ to determine whether a table was good or bad, what would be the key stats for the table that you would look at?

EDIT: for clarification, I use VPIP, PFR and WTS %'s to deterimine good tables or bad tables....but what I'm asking is, for a player with my stats, what do you think would be the optimal table stats to look for? not just "look at the PFR and vpip, but more along the lines of "look for a vpip around XX and a pfr below xx and a wts around XX...."

PITTM
10-03-2005, 09:51 PM
i just use vpip/pfr and agg. tells me all i need to know, and when it doesnt i just click their pulldown stats and check something out.

rj

Fnord
10-03-2005, 09:53 PM
You're ignoring seat selection.

PITTM
10-03-2005, 10:02 PM
well yeah, you select your seat based on these peoples stats...

rj

TheHammer24
10-03-2005, 10:06 PM
I look for 30% plus. 35% i'll sit down pretty much regardless, but if it's as low as 25% I'll sit down if there are low pfr numbers and I have a couple of 40 percenters to my right and a couple of 15 or less to my left.

MyTurn2Raise
10-03-2005, 11:27 PM
echoing the hammer, I look for 2 40% VPIP in the 3 seats to my right. Also, If the game has four >30% or two >85%.

I like seeing W$SD less than 50% at the table. It means I can value bet relentlessly.

Oh yeah...avoid my tables /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Harv72b
10-04-2005, 12:18 AM
I could care less what the table's overall stats are. I'm looking at the individual players on it.

If someone from my buddy list is at a table (and not within a few BBs of busting), that table is worth playing at. Note that I consider a 60% VPIP the bare minimum for buddy listing. If there are 2-4 loose and/or bad players at the table, I'm there. If I can't find any tables that fit those criteria, I'll just sit at a few with big pot sizes. But unless there's one or more incredibly bad postflop players, I will leave if the overall table VPIP drops below 20.

Especially if you're just using PT, your table stats are going to be greatly skewed because you'll tend to have more hands on the regular TAGs there (they play the most, so whether it's just from your play time or datamining or both, you'll end up with a ton of hands on the TAG multitablers). The greater number of hands on the TAGs will lower the overall table VPIP, raise the PFR, and generally make the table look less playable than it really is.

And yes, seat selection is important. But if you're on a good enough table & can adjust your play accordingly, you can make do with a "bad" seat.

So, in summary, you'd ideally want a table that has:
4+ players with VPIP's above 30
1+ player with VPIP above 50
Few players with PFRs above 10 (unless their VPIP is also above 50)
Several loose players who chase and/or can't give up weak made hands.

That's a realistic ideal. Even just having two 30+ VPIP players or 1 50+ VPIP'er who have trouble folding bottom pair in HU pots can make a table quite profitable.

10-04-2005, 12:36 AM
how do you get all those stats on the kids? datamining or just playing a whole LOT?

Harv72b
10-04-2005, 12:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
how do you get all those stats on the kids? datamining or just playing a whole LOT?

[/ QUOTE ]

A little from column A & a little from column B. /images/graemlins/wink.gif