PDA

View Full Version : Party $55: turn play

wuwei
10-03-2005, 09:40 PM
Level 1, no meaningful reads at this point. Feel free to comment on the flop as well.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP2 (t895)
MP3 (t565)
CO (t1020)
Hero (t960)
SB (t985)
BB (t1000)
UTG (t1000)
UTG+1 (t1095)
UTG+2 (t1550)
MP1 (t930)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls t15, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, CO calls t15, Hero calls t15, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t72.50) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t65</font>, SB folds, BB calls t65, UTG+1 folds, CO folds.

Turn: (t202.50) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets t125, Hero...

wuwei
10-04-2005, 01:53 AM
Turn: (t202.50) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets t125, Hero calls???

Karak567
10-04-2005, 02:09 AM
I would probably check the flop and take my free card on the turn.

But... in your situation I would probably raise/push whatever is appropriate.

Why would he lead into you with a made boat? I think we need to not be afraid of a boat here and push.

And if he does have a boat, you've got an out on the river ;-). haha

michw
10-04-2005, 02:47 AM
I would not have bet the flop, but based on BB's action he has a J and has not filled up yet. I would push and pray he doesn't outdraw you when he calls.

Scuba Chuck
10-04-2005, 03:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would not have bet the flop, but based on BB's action he has a J and has not filled up yet. I would push and pray he doesn't outdraw you when he calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

These were my thoughts... 90% of the time.

johnnybeef
10-04-2005, 03:03 AM
dude, take your free card on the turn. on the flop someone was no doubt slowplaying the jack. bait him a little bit, but not enough to let him fill up for cheap.

wuwei
10-04-2005, 03:10 AM
I don't see how his flop and turn action precludes a full house, but I agree that calling sucks and I need to raise. The vast majority of the time he just has trips.

So what's an appropriate amount to raise, and is there a good argument for just shoving the turn because most of my opponents will never find a fold here with a J?

Scuba Chuck
10-04-2005, 03:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't see how his flop and turn action precludes a full house, but I agree that calling sucks and I need to raise. The vast majority of the time he just has trips.

So what's an appropriate amount to raise, and is there a good argument for just shoving the turn because most of my opponents will never find a fold here with a J?

[/ QUOTE ]

The appropriate amount to bet is the amount that makes villain think that you're threatening his entire stack.

schwza
10-04-2005, 10:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The appropriate amount to bet is the amount that makes villain think that you're threatening his entire stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed, and that amount is.... his entire stack. the odds are pretty good he has Jx. if so, a) he's going to call your push and b) he will not if a 4th diamond hits. if he's full or has a bigger flush, screw it, tough hand. if he has something like A7 or QQ, he's not calling your raise anyway. if he has the A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, he's not going to call a big raise, and you don't want him to call a small raise. push.

edit: oh yeah, check the flop.