PDA

View Full Version : A table full of maniac's...what to do?

zuluking
05-19-2003, 09:55 PM
I'd really love some advice on this situation I'm finding more and more lately.

The players here in Louisiana love "action", and will play just about any 2 cards. Saturday afternoon/evening, a minimum of 6 players saw each flop on a 4-8 table. Sometimes, 9 and 10 of them saw the flop. The game was pretty passive, and I pretty much have these players "figured out", having played them all over the years.

Then the maniac sat down three from my right. THIS IS NO EXAGGERATION.....the guy raised EVERY HAND for 2 straight hours, stopped raising for 20-30 minutes, and then raised EVERY HAND for another 2 hours.

Sometimes there was a re-raise, and the maniac would cap it....EVERY TIME. It was unreal. And still, 6-9 players saw the flop.

I tightened up to AJ offsuit (and other group 3 hands) or better as a minimum starting hand, and even then only from late position. I still re-raised with group 1, and called from any position with group 2 hands. I saw my chips flucuate from -300 to +150 in a 5 hour time frame.

I'm finding these maniacs more and more in Louisiana games lately, and could use any advice on how to play these tables. Many thanks!

Bob T.
05-19-2003, 11:04 PM
Does he play postflop, like a maniac also, or just preflop.

It sounds like you made the right adjustment. The house has to love him, make sure the rake gets capped every hand.

WillYumTX
05-19-2003, 11:52 PM
Just wondering....

Was this at Isle of Capri at Lake Charles? There are some regulars there that will raise all the time. They say that they are there to "gamble" and cap all the pots one after the other.

'later,
WillYum

zuluking
05-20-2003, 06:51 AM
He bet out everytime, and called all raises after the flop. He would only fold on the turn or river, and then only if he didn't have a pair. I've never seen anything like this guy, his chip swings were HUGE.

This was at Paragon in Marksville. I do play Lake Charles every now and then, and see much the same action. However, unlike my maniac, the players in LC usually 'check' after the flop to see what happens.