PDA

View Full Version : Royal plastic playing cards

ryanghall
10-03-2005, 08:55 PM
These any good? I just got some but won't be using them for a while. They seem quite decent. Comparable to the big names?

Ryan

TomHimself
10-03-2005, 08:57 PM
suck balls

lou9182
10-03-2005, 10:19 PM
Absolute crap IMHO. Spend a bit more for COPAGS. You will be glad you did.

stevea
10-03-2005, 10:48 PM
I don't like them. I use copags and modianos.

steve
<font color="orange">North Shore Low Rollers</font> (http://www.homepokerclub.net/clubhome.php?clubid=1)

tubalkain
10-03-2005, 10:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like them. I use copags and modianos.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seconded.

Bicycle &gt; Royal. Hell, most used blackjack cards are &gt; Royal.

10-04-2005, 12:35 AM
i have gemacos and i've been very pleased with them. if i had a dollar for every time i got a compliment about them i'd have 17 dollars exactly.

varoadstter
10-04-2005, 10:32 AM
These are no where as good as premium cards. I bought a setup and after normal use we actually noticed that the cards had actually worn through after less than a month of use. There were holes in three different cards. I gave them away so my friend could let his daughter play old maid with them. That's about all they are good for. I'd guess the cards were actually defective rather than just being that flimsy, but does it really matter? In a couple weeks I had to dip into the bankroll for some decent setups.

Buz
10-04-2005, 04:14 PM
I play every Wednesday at a private club (home game). We bought the Copags about six months ago and am still getting compliments on them as recent as last week. I bought them at www.copagcards.com. (http://www.copagcards.com.)

Kyo Souma II
10-04-2005, 09:06 PM
Kem ~ Copag &gt; A-plus &gt; Royal.

The latter two are unacceptable for play, IMO. You can read the pips through the back of many of the a-plus cards. The Royals are poorly inked and poorly made. They bend, mark, and fold easily.

-kyo

StevieG
10-05-2005, 02:30 PM
I ordered a setup of Dal Negros and really like them. They feel more like paper. Very high quality. If I get another setup anytime soon, they'll be Dal Negro.

warewulf
10-05-2005, 07:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Absolute crap IMHO. Spend a bit more for COPAGS. You will be glad you did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

Copag, Gemaco, or Kem (in that order). Most Royals come out of the box with scratches and pieces missing, essentially marking the cards.

Colquhoun
10-06-2005, 10:03 AM
I have a few decks of Royals and I thought I knew what plastic cards were. I just got my first setup of Copags and....I will never use those Royals again. Junk in comparison.

ryanghall
10-07-2005, 10:50 PM
Thanks for the responses guys,

I just took the deck out and had a good look at it and sure enough, the 4 of hearts is marked badly - it looks like some sort of machine error.

Unbelievable. I will never buy these cards again.

Ryan

Lottery Larry
10-14-2005, 10:41 AM
ugh. And ugh again. I've used Royals, briefly, before buying REAL cards.

Spend some money on better setups, you won't be sorry.

http://www.chessset.com/coplplca.html?OVRAW=Copags&amp;OVKEY=copag&amp;OVMTC=stand ard