PDA

View Full Version : 32s

Cumulonimbus
10-03-2005, 08:46 PM
I don't think reads are that important here, except that the turn bettor is a TAG. The table was so loose that I knew my flop raise wouldn't fold very many people. Terribly standard?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Nimbus is Button with 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Nimbus calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP3 calls, Nimbus calls, SB calls, BB folds, UTG folds, UTG+2 folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Nimbus folds

Pog0
10-03-2005, 08:48 PM
I'd fold preflop, raise the flop. Your opposition not folding is not a bad thing.

Easy turn fold.

newhizzle
10-03-2005, 08:52 PM
i raise flop for value, whether you wait till turn or not, big spades arent going anywhere, plus you might make the 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif fold, turn fold is probably fine, you will likely have to call 2 BB to see a showdown and the pot is small

Nick C
10-03-2005, 08:53 PM
I think I would go ahead and raise the flop -- for value mostly. You probably aren't up against a bigger flush (yet), and the board's pretty scary for someone without a spade anyway, so I'm not sure how many calls you can hope for anyway from players who have already checked. (Seeing the string of folds behind your call may be influencing me a little, though, I'll admit.)

Anyway, the turn fold looks good to me.

Cumulonimbus
10-03-2005, 08:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd fold preflop, raise the flop. Your opposition not folding is not a bad thing.

Easy turn fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

The preflop is usually marginal, but you should see this table. They pay off made hands very well.

If I raise the flop it's likely I get checked to on the turn. So, if a blank hits the turn I make money money.

Redd
10-03-2005, 08:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Easy turn fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I raise the flop it's likely I get checked to on the turn. So, if a blank hits the turn I make money money.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you might fold a middling spade for two cold in case, say, another one comes on the turn. Your hand is good but vulnerable here.

Chris Daddy Cool
10-03-2005, 09:00 PM
this flop call makes me want to puke.

Cumulonimbus
10-03-2005, 09:01 PM
That's a good point.

TheHammer24
10-03-2005, 10:10 PM
32s is such a terrible hand. Calling preflop is horrendus.