PDA

View Full Version : Nevada Jacks PSO

RollaJ
10-03-2005, 08:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
<font color="blue"> We also have an exclusive promotion with Nevada Jacks where you can get a free set of Nevada Jacks poker chips for signing up for just one promotion </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Care to elaborate?

timprov
10-03-2005, 08:29 PM
Link. (http://www.pokersourceonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14904)

RollaJ
10-03-2005, 08:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, sweet deal...I just signed up. Should be able to bang that out real fast /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

edfurlong
10-03-2005, 09:52 PM
What kind of playthrough does this have?

timprov
10-03-2005, 10:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What kind of playthrough does this have?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on which room you sign up with, but pretty small.

GoCubsGo
10-03-2005, 11:35 PM
I've already done Party so it's between Titan and PokerRoom. If you usually get 9000 PSO points, ($90) and these chips run for $200, that seems like a crazy good deal. Should I go for it, and if so which site? Is this feasible for $100NL player or do I need to play higher limits?

Thythe
10-03-2005, 11:40 PM
Are these chips so much better than the normal PSO clay chips? I see we can either get 300 of these chips, or 500 of the standard clay chips. Pros and cons?

Benholio
10-03-2005, 11:41 PM
Do Pokerroom and you will be fine at $100NL. Titan bonuses clear slowly, and there isn't much action. You can always find plenty of $100NL tables at Pokerroom (full ring or 5-max).

theben
10-03-2005, 11:47 PM
definetly feasible for a NL100 player. should be pretty fast. its a sweet promo

theben
10-03-2005, 11:47 PM
check the site. its a great set. worth about 190-200$. huge promo

timprov
10-04-2005, 02:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Are these chips so much better than the normal PSO clay chips? I see we can either get 300 of these chips, or 500 of the standard clay chips. Pros and cons?

[/ QUOTE ]

The standard "clay" chips are 11.5g metal-slug ickies. So way, way better.

Poker Source Online
10-04-2005, 02:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, sweet deal...I just signed up. Should be able to bang that out real fast /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Death Valley,

Thanks for signing up and let us know if you need any help or have any questions. Welcome to PSO and enjoy the chips!

PSO

MadManMund
10-04-2005, 03:33 AM
I have been a customer of PSO for well over a year now. Today I recieved my Nevada Jacks through this promo. They are great chips and this is a great deal. I encourage others to follow suit. For those looking to get in under the daily 10 person limit. I suggest attempting to sign up for the promotion about 3am EST. I usually see the promo open during this time. I'm happy to answer any additional questions.

Also, for those new to PSO, please consider entering DanielG as your referrer.

Poker Source Online
10-04-2005, 03:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have been a customer of PSO for well over a year now. Today I recieved my Nevada Jacks through this promo. They are great chips and this is a great deal. I encourage others to follow suit. For those looking to get in under the daily 10 person limit. I suggest attempting to sign up for the promotion about 3am EST. I usually see the promo open during this time. I'm happy to answer any additional questions.

Also, for those new to PSO, please consider entering DanielG as your referrer.

[/ QUOTE ]

MadManMund,

I'm glad you got the chips and like them.

Just so everyone knows, we are about to announce in the next 48 hours that we are giving away 25 sets of these chips away each day (up from 10) and are adding 2 more rooms you can do this promo with!

10-04-2005, 06:39 AM
I did the Nevada Jack promo this past weekend. I'm new to internet poker and recently found out about the NV offer at PSO from a different message board. I read through the offer over at PSO and signed up for Partypoker since the only place I had ever played prior was Pacific.There are a few different poker sites you can do the promotion on but I've heard that Partypoker is by far the easiest. Did the 250 raked hands as required by the offer at Party at .15/.30 limits in no time by doing a couple table simultaneously. Including my $25 bonus on my $100 deposit along with profit from playing the tables there I cashed out at close $180. My account has been confirmed at PSO and my Nevada Jacks are scheduled to ship soon.

I also just finished doing another promotion through PSO for Absolute Poker. Already cleared 400 raked hands and my account was credited with 9000 PSO points which can be used to buy the equivalent of about $90 in merchandise there. I plan on picking up a couple Copag decks and another set of 100 NV chips with those points. I'm working on clearing the rest of my 150% bonus at Absolute and then I plan on doing more sites through PSO to get more merchandise.

I don't usually post reviews like this on message boards but I'm just amazed at the quality of this site. I have to say I was a bit skeptical at first but after checking out their forums over there it seemed like they had plenty of happy customers so I decided to try them out.

edfurlong
10-04-2005, 06:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I did the Nevada Jack promo this past weekend. I'm new to internet poker and recently found out about the NV offer at PSO from a different message board. I read through the offer over at PSO and signed up for Partypoker since the only place I had ever played prior was Pacific.There are a few different poker sites you can do the promotion on but I've heard that Partypoker is by far the easiest. Did the 250 raked hands as required by the offer at Party at .15/.30 limits in no time by doing a couple table simultaneously. Including my $25 bonus on my $100 deposit along with profit from playing the tables there I cashed out at close $180. My account has been confirmed at PSO and my Nevada Jacks are scheduled to ship soon.

I also just finished doing another promotion through PSO for Absolute Poker. Already cleared 400 raked hands and my account was credited with 9000 PSO points which can be used to buy the equivalent of about $90 in merchandise there. I plan on picking up a couple Copag decks and another set of 100 NV chips with those points. I'm working on clearing the rest of my 150% bonus at Absolute and then I plan on doing more sites through PSO to get more merchandise.

I don't usually post reviews like this on message boards but I'm just amazed at the quality of this site. I have to say I was a bit skeptical at first but after checking out their forums over there it seemed like they had plenty of happy customers so I decided to try them out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to say that doing this on a site like absolute which could someday turn into a good site to play on with rakeback would be silly(stupid?)

mattw
10-04-2005, 07:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to say that doing this on a site like absolute which could someday turn into a good site to play on with rakeback would be silly(stupid?)

[/ QUOTE ]

some players would rather have silly(stupid)chips instead of cash. i go figure and can not. the last time i was at wallyworld and tried to pay for essentials with PSO chips, i was laughed at. why?

Etaipo
10-04-2005, 08:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]

MadManMund,

I'm glad you got the chips and like them.

Just so everyone knows, we are about to announce in the next 48 hours that we are giving away 25 sets of these chips away each day (up from 10) and are adding 2 more rooms you can do this promo with!

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it still going to be a one time offer? In other words, if I have already gotten one set of NJ's from PSO, can I sign up and do it again at a different site?

actyper
10-04-2005, 08:56 AM
No it's just 1 NJ offer per customer.

GoCubsGo
10-04-2005, 10:18 AM
For a low limit player, it doesn't make as much sense to go for rakeback. I have it at one site only because I wanted it for at least one Party network site. AT $50NL, my MGR is only $275 for 8k hands. I realize I could always move up limits, which is why I even bothered to set it up in the first place, but why go out of your way to set up rakeback at a site that you are only going to play for bonuses? If Absolute's software sucks as I hear it does, I'd rather use one site with decent software and rakeback on it as my home site (play it during non bonus periods at other sites). All the other sites I just go to for 500 hands at a time and whore them for all they're worth. Even if I return for a few reloads, then 3 months later my MGR is up to $50, or my other option is, I received a $200 set of poker chips 2 months ago. I think I'll take the chips.

10-04-2005, 10:22 AM
I'm consider myself a casual player who likes to play microlimits. Once I finish with the promotions I may stop playing online poker altogether. Although I'm sticking around Absolute to clear the bonus, once I finish with that I'm gone. I'm don't really care for the site and I don't think I'll be back.

I love how one of the negative responses is from a jaded ex PSO'er who is still bitter over his account being banned. If his posts are any indication of his character, then it's no surprise his actions caused him to get banned at PSO.

As a first time poster it's nice to see such warm feedback from the 2+2 community. I look forward to posting here in the future.

droolie
10-04-2005, 10:34 AM
The chips are NJ but they are the composites! Still very nice chips but not NJ's top of the line real clay version. I completed the promo and am awaiting the chips but am expecting the clay composite ones not the true clay.

Here's more info on what the difference is... (http://www.nevadajacks.net/)

RollaJ
10-04-2005, 10:52 AM
I signed up because it is a very good deal to get an above average set of chips for around 500-550 dealt hands (437 raked hands at Titan 2-4NL). Plus I should get $40 in bonus on 3500 points /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I would not suggest doing this promo on Titan if you play low limit, limit poker as it will take a very long time to earn the required points. If you already have a Party and PokerRoom account, Id suggest waiting to see what the 2 "new rooms" are that will be offered. Check the Titan site to see what it takes for YOU to get the points you need.

I would also suggest as one poster did, do not do any promo like this on a site that you may want rakeback on in the future (ie. any site you may play on after doing the sign up bonus)

[ QUOTE ]
Death Valley,

Thanks for signing up and let us know if you need any help or have any questions. Welcome to PSO and enjoy the chips!

PSO

[/ QUOTE ]

Question: Do you guys make money on this if a player only does the promo and stops playing? Or do you hope they continue playing in the future?

dlk9s
10-04-2005, 01:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Check the Titan site to see what it takes for YOU to get the points you need.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good advice, but one quick tip: clear your cookies before signing up, especially if you've gone to the Titan (or any other poker room) site before doing the promo. Some poker rooms use tracking cookies, so if you've already been there before clicking through the PSO link, they might track you to someone else (or nobody if you just went right to the site).

Bottom line, clearing cookies is always a good rule of thumb before signing up for a PSO promo.

GoCubsGo
10-05-2005, 07:22 PM
The two new sites are Absolute and Paradise, exactly as I predicted. I am doing it through Paradise because Absolute will be a good site for rakeback someday, and I can't get rakeback at Paradise anyway. 3 tables for 1000 hands is going kind of slow but I can tolerate it because the software is okay and the players are some of the worst I've seen. Up only half a buy-in after about 250 hands and I've been extremely cold decked. A $200 chip set in addition to a $100 bonus for 1000 hands is a pretty sweet deal.

ewile
10-05-2005, 11:02 PM
OK, just got in on the Nevada Jack chips deal, signing up for Pokerroom.
I'd have never played at this site, but this seems like a good deal so here goes...

DuggleBogey
10-06-2005, 11:30 AM
Brace yourself!

A lot of people seem to find PokerRoom an adventure!

Although I find it fine, and my referrals all had positive experiences.

ewile
10-06-2005, 10:55 PM
Pokerroom is OK for me so far. I hate the avatars and will turn them off. I'll probably clear my bonus and not play there all that much again.

But I am really looking forward to my cool new chip set!

GoCubsGo
10-06-2005, 11:06 PM
For anyone else doing this bonus, I recommend Paradise. It was a little slow 3-tabling but the players were horrible. After about 7 or 8 hours, I have cleared the necessary hands and made a good amount of money playing poker as well. Players were terrible, similar to my experience at Poker Plex.

tonypaladino
10-08-2005, 05:37 PM
I signed up for the chips with Absolute
I can't find now if there is a specific limit I have to play at to clear the chipset, and how many hands. I might just be retarted, but can someone link me to the details or tell me.

Thanks

POKhER
10-08-2005, 06:02 PM
guys is this for american players? Im in UK so will i get charged PnP i.e. Not free for me then?

Thanks.

RollaJ
10-08-2005, 07:34 PM
http://www.pokersourceonline.com/freepokergifts/freepokerNJ.asp

SoCalRugger
10-08-2005, 08:34 PM
Damn. This promo is going to be a lot harder than I initially thought. The only site I didn't have an account with was Titan Poker. Right now, on a Saturday afternoon, there is ONE 2/4 game going and ONE 1/2 game (10-handed). 6 pts/hand at 2/4. 3 pts/hand at 1/2. 3500 pts for the chips.

So if you have the option, do this promo at any site other than Titan.

tonypaladino
10-08-2005, 10:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
http://www.pokersourceonline.com/freepokergifts/freepokerNJ.asp

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you.

J_B
10-10-2005, 05:27 AM
I took it for Paradise.

Once I make the 1k raked hands, do I continue to earn points?

dlk9s
10-10-2005, 12:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I took it for Paradise.

Once I make the 1k raked hands, do I continue to earn points?

[/ QUOTE ]

On Paradise, you only earn points while you still have bonus dollars to clear. After that, it stops. So, to get a raked hand count, you'll need to e-mail Paradise. I've done it a few times and have received a response very, very quickly.

J_B
10-10-2005, 06:34 PM
What I meant was after the initial 1k, will you continue gathering points for PSO?

dlk9s
10-10-2005, 08:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What I meant was after the initial 1k, will you continue gathering points for PSO?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, I get it.

No. You only get one gift per PSO promotion. In this case, you will get the Nevada Jacks. PSO points are a separate "gift".

RollaJ
10-12-2005, 11:45 AM
Just to let you all know
Signed up for Titan 10/3
Completed Bonus 10/5
Got chips delivered to NYC 10/11

Thanks PSO /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Poker Source Online
10-12-2005, 12:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just to let you all know
Signed up for Titan 10/3
Completed Bonus 10/5
Got chips delivered to NYC 10/11

Thanks PSO /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

&lt;gloating&gt;

Not bad, 8 days from deposit to delivery.

&lt;/gloating&gt;

How do you like the chips?

RollaJ
10-12-2005, 01:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure, I had them shipped to my old address. Ill report when I get a look/feel

Etaipo
10-12-2005, 02:42 PM
Yeah, not bad. I finished my promo over a week ago, and it is still showing as "completed" with no tracking number. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I posted about it in the support forum and Peter said they had traveled over the weekend and were catching up, so I'm trying to be patient, and not bump the thread until Friday.

But damnit, I wants me chips. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

billyb
10-12-2005, 02:57 PM
they were at the USPC at the Taj all week.

peace
billyb

droolie
10-12-2005, 04:36 PM
I got my chips and they're much nicer than I though they'd be. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

They have a nice course texture which is great for stacking and chip tricks. The feel just like the chips at Foxwoods.

EvanJC
10-12-2005, 05:02 PM
how possible is this playing microlimits on absolute?

dlk9s
10-12-2005, 05:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends what you consider micro.

If you go the fixed-limit route, I wouldn't play lower than .5/1.

If you play NL, you can go a bit lower (I don't remember off the top of my head what the table selection is at lower stakes NL), since the pots can get bigger more quickly.

J_B
10-12-2005, 08:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, your better off getting RB at absolute. Do this at a non rb site like paradise.

ewile
10-12-2005, 11:01 PM
Finished my 400 points at PR a couple of days ago and PSO has confirmed this.

Looking forward to getting my chips!

10-12-2005, 11:44 PM
Did someone say that you have the option of 300 Nevada Jacks or 500 other chips?

If so, could I do this promo and get 500 of the "High Roller" chips?

Etaipo
10-13-2005, 12:21 AM
They came in today. /images/graemlins/heart.gif They shipped with another set that I had coming, hence no tracking number next to them.

I was pleasantly surprised when I got home and found BOTH my chipsets here, rather than one. The other set are the Las Vegas set.

By the way, you also get two decks of Copaq cards with the NJ's, although I think they're bridge size.

RollaJ
10-13-2005, 10:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Did someone say that you have the option of 300 Nevada Jacks or 500 other chips?

[/ QUOTE ]

From what everyone says NJs are a better deal, PLUS it seems you get a set-up of Copags (worth a minimum $15 more). Id say Take the NJs. If you need more chips do another promo under the "friends &amp; family" plan /images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Or do another promo under your name and buy more chips from the PSO store ala carte so you can choose the colors you want

PTjvs
10-13-2005, 10:29 AM
The Copag cards that come with the NJ sets are paper, not plastic.

RollaJ
10-13-2005, 11:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The Copag cards that come with the NJ sets are paper, not plastic.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, my bad..... Guess they go right in the pile with the other paper cards I have /images/graemlins/cool.gif

GoCubsGo
10-13-2005, 12:34 PM
For some reason this is taking quite a while. PSO was very quick in my other experience with them, but this time they're much slower. I know they were at the Taj last week but even after they got back, I've been waiting a few days for my tracking number. The transaction is listed as "completed" but I don't have any shipping information. I wish it was going a little faster, because I'm really anxious to see these chips. Still a great deal, though.

actyper
10-13-2005, 12:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For some reason this is taking quite a while. PSO was very quick in my other experience with them, but this time they're much slower. I know they were at the Taj last week but even after they got back, I've been waiting a few days for my tracking number. The transaction is listed as "completed" but I don't have any shipping information. I wish it was going a little faster, because I'm really anxious to see these chips. Still a great deal, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chips ship straight from NJ. I think they send off the tracking#.

benkath1
10-13-2005, 01:33 PM
I got mine excatly 9 days after clearing the raked hands.

BTW, they are quite nice, just not enough. I'm gonna have to order a few racks from somewhere.

Poker Source Online
10-13-2005, 01:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How long has it been completed for?

10-13-2005, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

From what everyone says NJs are a better deal, PLUS it seems you get a set-up of Copags (worth a minimum $15 more). Id say Take the NJs. If you need more chips do another promo under the "friends &amp; family" plan /images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Or do another promo under your name and buy more chips from the PSO store ala carte so you can choose the colors you want

[/ QUOTE ]

So, I order more NJ's and where do I put them? Can I buy an empty case for 500 chips?

P.S.--Does the fact that the Copags are paper make a difference now? I mean do you still think 300 NJ's are better than 500 High Rollers?

RollaJ
10-13-2005, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So, I order more NJ's and where do I put them? Can I buy an empty case for 500 chips?

P.S.--Does the fact that the Copags are paper make a difference now? I mean do you still think 300 NJ's are better than 500 High Rollers?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can certainly get an empty case. PSO has 500 chip case for 2500 points. And you can buy 200 more chips for 14,000 points so basically you need to earn 16,500 points after you complete the NJ promo. That means 2-3 more promos.

Id say go for it, as the NJs are supposed to be better quality + you dont want to have the same chips all your friends have.

Also, note that some promos are a lot easier than others..... look for the easy ones.

If that is too much hassle, just get the 500 chip set for 10,000 points. This seems like it is your first set, so youll probably be pretty happy with it

10-13-2005, 06:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can certainly get an empty case. PSO has 500 chip case for 2500 points. And you can buy 200 more chips for 14,000 points so basically you need to earn 16,500 points after you complete the NJ promo. That means 2-3 more promos.

Id say go for it, as the NJs are supposed to be better quality + you dont want to have the same chips all your friends have.

Also, note that some promos are a lot easier than others..... look for the easy ones.

If that is too much hassle, just get the 500 chip set for 10,000 points. This seems like it is your first set, so youll probably be pretty happy with it

[/ QUOTE ]

When I was living with my Dad, we got a 500 chip set of the "dice" set. Basically the most generic set there is. Like 5 of my friends have the exact same one. I wouldnt think the High Roller set would be like everyone elses.

So, this isnt my first chipset but I really don't know anything about them. I will probably go with the NJ's.

What is the weight of each NJ chip?

RollaJ
10-13-2005, 07:27 PM
10g i think, but dont be fooled... heavier isnt better

10-13-2005, 08:36 PM
Funny you should say that. When I bought my first set, I purposefully got the 13.5 gram. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Etaipo
10-13-2005, 11:58 PM
Yeah, I was sad to find out the Copag's were paper. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Still a nice set of chips though.

http://www.flamevault.com/~etaipo/Poker/Chips/1.jpg

http://www.flamevault.com/~etaipo/Poker/Chips/2.jpg

http://www.flamevault.com/~etaipo/Poker/Chips/3.jpg

10-15-2005, 01:29 AM
My mouth started to water a little when I saw those pics. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Etaipo
10-15-2005, 02:34 AM
nj's stack g00t

very very happy with them

droolie
10-15-2005, 10:54 AM
Hey! You got a dealer button? Where's my dealer button????

Etaipo
10-15-2005, 12:32 PM
YOU GOT RIPPED OFF! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Not only that, they also sent a copy of "Cooke's Rules of Real Poker".

droolie
10-15-2005, 01:04 PM
I got dice and a different box.

10-15-2005, 05:25 PM
I was just wondering if anyone has done this in Canada, I wanted to know how much I can expect in terms of a customs fee.

Thanks

RollaJ
10-16-2005, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was just wondering if anyone has done this in Canada, I wanted to know how much I can expect in terms of a customs fee.

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Go to the PSO website, their message boards have a lot of people discussing that

GoCubsGo
10-16-2005, 04:22 PM
My order has been completed since Tuesdayy or Wednesday and still nothing. Was I supposed to get a tracking number or not?

titans01
10-16-2005, 04:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My order has been completed since Tuesdayy or Wednesday and still nothing. Was I supposed to get a tracking number or not?

[/ QUOTE ]
Likewise since Monday or Tuesday.

ewile
10-16-2005, 05:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Likewise since Monday or Tuesday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto.

Poker Source Online
10-16-2005, 11:17 PM
The NJ Chips were backordered last week and should start shipping again this week. You will get a tracking number as soon as they ship.

RollaJ
10-18-2005, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure, I had them shipped to my old address. Ill report when I get a look/feel

[/ QUOTE ]

I picked up my chips last night.

GREAT CHIPS. Easily the closest to ceramics (or clay) for a plastic chip. Nice rounded edges, good weight, good full chip color.

Id now easily reccomend this 300 chip set over a 500 chip set of the cheap plastic ones.
Case was standard, Cards were pretty standard, but they are brand new, not used casino cards. Came with a small dealer button a nice bonus. Wish I had gotten the small blind and big blind buttons though, as I already have a custom dealer button

CrazyEyez
10-18-2005, 04:56 PM
Thanks for all the info, El D.

The only thing making me hesitate on this deal is that the color combination stinks. If I could pick my combo I'd be all over it.