PDA

View Full Version : Escalators

kipin
10-03-2005, 07:22 PM
I find no matter how hard I try I can not make the first step onto an escalator with my left foot. (I am right handed so I assume right footed as well)

Anyone else experience this?

daryn
10-03-2005, 07:23 PM
whoa, i can't either. it's always with the right foot.

but i'm left handed

joshman1204
10-03-2005, 07:23 PM
I thought if you were right handed you were left footed?

Wakko
10-03-2005, 07:24 PM
Worse than this are the moving sidewalks at airports. Those really [censored] me up bad.

daryn
10-03-2005, 07:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought if you were right handed you were left footed?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, i am both left handed and left footed.. i'm not saying that it can't happen though

STLantny
10-03-2005, 07:25 PM
We already had the OCD thread. Lots of weird [censored], that lots of people do, that they think they are the only ones that do it.

kipin
10-03-2005, 07:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

but i'm left handed

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you feel like an idiot when you take these mini steps to orient your walking pattern?

I was trying to trick my brain into stepping on with the left foot today but it wouldn't work and I ended up doing this weird mini shuffle back and forth.

10-03-2005, 07:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I find no matter how hard I try I can not make the first step onto an escalator with my left foot. (I am right handed so I assume right footed as well)

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never though about it, but I remember getting onto the elevator today and stepped with my right foot. I think I always step with my right foot. I wonder why this is...anyone have insight?

peachy
10-03-2005, 07:28 PM
im backwards too...if i try real hard i can get on with my left first but i prolly look like a freak cause i have to adjust my step once im on...whats super weird though is that i am regular wakeboarding but goofy snowboarding ?!?! /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

it has to do with your orientation/coordination/comforable weight shifting side/etc ....this is why its so weird that i snowboard one way and wakeboard the other

Voltron87
10-03-2005, 07:31 PM
I'm right handed left footed. I can't even comprehend what would happen if I stepped on an escalator/stairs with my right foot first...

Benal
10-03-2005, 07:33 PM
I think you'll step onto an escalator with the same foot you'd take your first step with when standing still.

daryn
10-03-2005, 07:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

but i'm left handed

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you feel like an idiot when you take these mini steps to orient your walking pattern?

I was trying to trick my brain into stepping on with the left foot today but it wouldn't work and I ended up doing this weird mini shuffle back and forth.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm.. i don't do it consciously. i just can't remember using my left foot to step on an escalator first.

Homer
10-03-2005, 07:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It never occurred to before, but I always step with my right foot first. I will have to try to consciously do it with my left foot next time.

MyTurn2Raise
10-03-2005, 07:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Worse than this are the moving sidewalks at airports. Those really [censored] me up bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Having spent a good many months in Vegas...I realize people cannot walk on moving walkways for [censored]. Yes, quite a bit is tourist gapeing(?) at the pretty fountains/volcano/whatever. However, a large part is just do to the human inability to walk on moving walkways. It disorients them or something.

kipin
10-03-2005, 07:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It never occurred to before, but I always step with my right foot first. I will have to try to consciously do it with my left foot next time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am going to try again tomorrow but I doubt it will work.

Man solo traveling is great I get to think up all this crazy [censored].

jakethebake
10-03-2005, 07:40 PM
I stand there for a second and time it, then jump on with both feet at once.

Voltron87
10-03-2005, 07:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I stand there for a second and time it, then jump on with both feet at once.

[/ QUOTE ]

the mental image of this is hilarious.

WackityWhiz
10-03-2005, 07:56 PM
I always step on stairs with my left foot first. I attribute this to bowling since I slide on my left foot.

stinkypete
10-03-2005, 08:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i've never thought about it before, but having done so now, i think it's very possible that i've never stepped onto an escalator left foot first. fascinating stuff.

peachy
10-03-2005, 08:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you'll step onto an escalator with the same foot you'd take your first step with when standing still.

[/ QUOTE ]

see friends did this to me...pushed me from behind to see which foot id step out with 1st...it ALWAYS was different

astroglide
10-03-2005, 09:43 PM
wow, that's cool.

just thinking about trying it feels weird.

B Dids
10-03-2005, 10:10 PM
I rule at this. I walked on my first when I was in a new wing of the Seatac airport. As a fat slow person, I really enjoyed feeling fast and watching the people who dared to stand on it get really nervous as I came towards them.

B Dids
10-03-2005, 10:10 PM
Just the thought of trying to do this with the wrong foot is making me uncomfortable and worried that I'm going to get killed next time I try and use one.

kipin
10-05-2005, 01:24 PM
Update: I managed to get on an escalator going up with my left foot first, but still havn't managed to do it going down.

It is all in the head. Mind over matter!

jakethebake
10-05-2005, 01:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but still havn't managed to do it going down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please try it and videotape the results.

scdavis0
10-05-2005, 01:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
see friends did this to me...pushed me from behind to see which foot id step out with 1st...it ALWAYS was different

[/ QUOTE ]

How many feet do you have?

dtbog
10-05-2005, 01:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I find no matter how hard I try I can not make the first step onto an escalator with my left foot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it different with a normal flight of stairs?

kipin
10-05-2005, 03:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I find no matter how hard I try I can not make the first step onto an escalator with my left foot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it different with a normal flight of stairs?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes of course, no problem alternating left and right and I probably do it sub consciously, but escalators I actually have to trick my mind into doing it.

Evan
10-05-2005, 06:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How many feet do you have?

[/ QUOTE ]
Awesome!