PDA

View Full Version : Sinking feeling....

STLantny
10-03-2005, 07:18 PM
Lately, when Im working at my desk, I get this sinking feeling. Not, in the "Im depressed" vain, but literally it feels like I dropped a foot, or so (think roller coaster). Its not my chair or anything, and doesnt happen everyday, but its been happening enough lately, that I want to know what its all about.

mslif
10-03-2005, 07:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Lately, when Im working at my desk, I get this sinking feeling. Not, in the "Im depressed" vain, but literally it feels like I dropped a foot, or so (think roller coaster). Its not my chair or anything, and doesnt happen everyday, but its been happening enough lately, that I want to know what its all about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does it happen when you study for long period of times? Maybe you are slouching and it gives you the sinking feeling. Do you get up stretch regularly when you study?
That's really all I could think of.

STLantny
10-03-2005, 07:34 PM
Nah I can rarely sit for more than 30-40 minutes before i have to stand or do something...

mslif
10-03-2005, 07:41 PM
I have no idea then. This is very strange feeling to have while sitting at a desk.

zephed
10-03-2005, 08:22 PM
Does your head feel like you're floating and your arms are light?

STLantny
10-03-2005, 08:23 PM
Yes, my "armpits" feel light, and my stomach drops, along with my head feeling light.

Ringo
10-03-2005, 11:09 PM
Could it be vertigo? Apparently it's not a fear of heights, but some kind of upset/malfunction of the balance system in the inner ear kinda thing..

[censored]
10-03-2005, 11:12 PM
Most likely the evil forces of hell are pulling you down to their dark master. good luck with that.

NLSoldier
10-03-2005, 11:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Most likely the evil forces of hell are pulling you down to their dark master. good luck with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh snap!

10-03-2005, 11:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My thought was a case of sinking floor. It's really quite common and not talked about at all. Has something to do with the Mother Ship that operates out of Area 51, which also isn't talked about very much. Another damned gummint coverup!

But I changed my mind. I like your theory, much, much more.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

10-04-2005, 03:06 AM
I dont ride elevators very much, but when I do, sometimes later in the day I get this while sitting. Its kinda cool to sit back and enjoy it. Also, sometimes when laying on my back in bed looking up I get it then too.

ChipWrecked
10-04-2005, 03:08 AM
Put the weed down for a few days.

baumer
10-04-2005, 03:13 AM
how sudden is the dropping sensation?
do you rise back up or just feel out of place after?

also, does anyone else ever get really intense falling sensations while relaxing? almost to the point where you can't take it?

DcifrThs
10-04-2005, 03:15 AM
balance and cognitive faculties could be the culprit here.

i remember being in camp and every time i lay down on my bunk id get the feeling the floor was rising towards me faster and faster. it was like i was dropping and id startle myself and have to work to get to fall asleep.

i think this kind of sensation can be brought on during periods of adjustment and change in your life as a physical manifestation of inner unrest.

Barron