PDA

View Full Version : Do you or have you ever dyed your hair? (Men only)

A_C_Slater
10-03-2005, 07:18 PM
Dying your hair because you are on the lamb for 3rd degree murder and you need to change your appearance doesn't count.

I am talking dying your hair for pure aesthetic reasons here. If you do or don't dye your hair, do you consider male hair dying to be gay?

gorie
10-03-2005, 07:20 PM
hmm i voted, but as a man.
guys prefer pink vibrators btw.

STLantny
10-03-2005, 07:21 PM
I use sunned stuff in the summer. Basically makes hte highlights that the sun naturally gives more visible.

Claunchy
10-03-2005, 07:23 PM
I think if you're dying your hair because you're freaked out about going gray, it's kinda lame but definitely not gay.

However, if you're one of those guys who highlights or frosts his hair, you are the gayest gay that ever gayed.

gorie
10-03-2005, 07:23 PM
i think all guys should dye their hair black, except sponger.

Sponger15SB
10-03-2005, 07:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i think all guys should dye their hair black.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a good thing I don't value your opinion.

STLantny
10-03-2005, 07:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you're ugly anyway, so whats the diff?

Edge34
10-03-2005, 07:25 PM
How many times are we going to have retarded threads where, inevitably, it turns into a "jesus, I'm insecure, so I'll call people gay" thing?

Sponger15SB
10-03-2005, 07:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How many times are we going to have retarded threads where, inevitably, it turns into a "jesus, I'm insecure, so I'll call people gay" thing?

[/ QUOTE ]

IIRC from a picture you posted, you dye your hair.

*cough* [censored] *cough*

jk

Sponger15SB
10-03-2005, 07:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you're ugly anyway, so whats the diff?

[/ QUOTE ]

jakethebake
10-03-2005, 07:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's how people that do gay [censored] make themselves feel better.

gorie
10-03-2005, 07:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
or you'd have black hair ? oooooooOOOo. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Sponger15SB
10-03-2005, 07:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You just blew my mind.

Really though, I don't see many guys in southern california with dyed black hair, and the ones that do look.... so.... different? Yep. That is my post.

peachy
10-03-2005, 07:32 PM
i think it looks good on some guys....i especially light the highlighting/tips/frosting on some guys - yes its so 8 years ago but it still turns me on

alot of guys in the sports im into mess with thier hair...if they fully dye it its usually to black though

gorie
10-03-2005, 07:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You just blew my mind.

Really though, I don't see many guys in southern california with dyed black hair, and the ones that do look.... so.... different? Yep. That is my post.

[/ QUOTE ]
i don't know what i am talking about anyway. i just remembered legolas has blonde hair.

James Boston
10-03-2005, 07:34 PM
Does shoe polish on Halloween count?

MrTrik
10-03-2005, 07:39 PM
Did the purple and black striped hair for a Punk Rocker Holloween costume back in college. Ooh that was a helluva drunk. The next morning my pillow, sheets and my g/f were black and purple striped.

A_C_Slater
10-03-2005, 07:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's how people that do gay [censored] make themselves feel better.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not nor have I ever dyed my hair. I did not say it was gay. I am simply curious to know what OOT thinks of this topic. Someone I know dyed their hair black and some of my friends think it is very gay. I need to know what the social consenus is so I can have a firm opinion on the matter and not risk being on the wrong side of social ridicule. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Voltron87
10-03-2005, 07:43 PM
I've never done it, never will. (Unless it's by virtue of losing a bet, RPS, which is actually quite likely given my friends).

I think it's stupid. If a friend of mine said "no I can't hang out I'm getting my hair dyed" I would definitely say "wtf, ahah, youre joking right? wait, whats wrong with you?"

gorie
10-03-2005, 07:43 PM
i had a crush on a neighbor once that dyed his hair black, i never saw him without black hair. it was grown out a little.
then one day he went back to his natural blonde color and got a very short hair cut. i am still a bit traumatized.

MelchyBeau
10-03-2005, 07:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

alot of guys in the sports im into mess with thier hair...if they fully dye it its usually to black though

[/ QUOTE ]

watersports?

Melch

Bulldog
10-03-2005, 08:23 PM
Can anyone make a poll that makes sense? Neither of the poll question asks what the subject asks. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

FouTight
10-03-2005, 08:43 PM
I used to have my hair dyed a very dark blue that looked black all of the time unless light was shinning through it.

It was pretty cool to get that reaction of "ohh man, thats BLUE"

but yeah, I wouldn't ever frost my hair or anything blond for sure.

runner4life7
10-03-2005, 08:56 PM
i didnt vote because i only bleached it once as a team unity thing in cross country in high school so take that for what its worth. Also i do not think its gay to dye your hair.

[censored]
10-03-2005, 09:20 PM
It's not gay per say but I don't think a guy being that obsessed/concerned with his looks speaks highly of someone at all. Still if that is what he needs to do to feel confident than I don't care, just another stupid thing society has brain washed someone into doing. He is the only one that has to look himself in the mirror.

peachy
10-03-2005, 09:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

watersports?

Melch

[/ QUOTE ]

yes mostly watersports and snowboarding

rusellmj
10-03-2005, 09:49 PM
My GF used to highlight my hair every summer. About 5 years ago I was taking ALOT of a rather strong medication. Without thinking we go to highlight my hair. It turned orange. I had to cut it all off or go emo. I cut it off.

HopeydaFish
10-03-2005, 10:59 PM
I dye mine every so often to get out the grey. I'm very grey around the temples, which looks really stupid to me. Plus I hate looking old. I dye it my natural colour, so people don't realize that I'm doing it.

MCS
10-04-2005, 02:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Can anyone make a poll that makes sense? Neither of the poll question asks what the subject asks. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

AngryCola
10-04-2005, 04:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
just another stupid thing society has brain washed someone into doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm... I've colored my hair before, and it had absolutely nothing do do with fitting in or being brainwashed by society. What a weird and baseless stance.

Also, this thread is silly. People on 2+2 consistently find ways to remind me that they live in their own little universe.

pokerdirty
10-04-2005, 05:01 PM
i bleached my pubes once.

B Dids
10-04-2005, 05:03 PM
I have really blond hair, if it got darker, I would dye it.

I've been considering dying it a light brown for like two weeks just to see what would happen.

Sponger15SB
10-04-2005, 05:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've been considering dying it a light brown for like two weeks just to see what would happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gay dudes would start hitting on you like crazy...

not that there is anything wrong with that.

[censored]
10-04-2005, 05:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ust another stupid thing society has brain washed someone into doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm... I've colored my hair before, and it had absolutely nothing do do with fitting in or being brainwashed by society. What a weird and baseless stance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right you got it your head from nowhere that you needed to dye your hair to look better or different. I didn't say anything about fitting in, it could be the exact opposite.

I just think it is really dumb, like plastic surgery as used by most people.

theben
10-04-2005, 05:11 PM
sometimes, no

exception: if you are going grey it is certainly fine

AngryCola
10-04-2005, 05:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Right you got it your head from nowhere that you needed to dye your hair to look better or different..

[/ QUOTE ]

It had nothing to do with looking better, but I was PERSONALLY sick of my hair looking the same my whole life, so I changed it. No magazine article, social pressures, or outside influences greatly affected my decision. It was as simple as, "Wow. You mean I can change the color of my hair? You're telling me that I don't have to be stuck with the same color I've had all these years? Sweet!" I'm constantly changing my appearance in drastic ways just because I get bored with looking the same.

However, I will concede that pretty much nobody (this includes you) does much of anything in modern society that isn't at least partially influenced by popular culture and the media. But that is certainly a far cry from being brainwashed into dying one's hair.

10-04-2005, 05:23 PM
I don't know AC, we may have to question your sexuality with shows like The Male View or whatever that was with Dick Clark and ESPN Hollywood on the resume.

[censored]
10-04-2005, 05:57 PM
well like I said in my first post ultimately you are the only one who has to look himself in the mirror and if it makes you happy well then be happy.

But for me, I find it similar to the boob job. I don't like the idea that a bunch of otherwise happy guys have convinced themselves that they need to do things like dye their hair. It's not like you are even looking at your hair most of the time so on some level it has to be about self image.

Like I said if it makes you are some other dude happy to die your hair then what is what you should do. I just don't see it as a true change but rather a masking of your true self. Your hair is still X color.

Is this black and white? obviously not. Am I subject to the same pressures? Yes. I just think it would be better if as men we collectively reduced and ignored these collective pressures(involving much more than simple hair dye) from the current level.

AngryCola
10-04-2005, 06:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
masking of your true self.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never looked at it that way at all. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Is this black and white? obviously not. Am I subject to the same pressures? Yes. I just think it would be better if as men we collectively reduced and ignored these collective pressures(involving much more than simple hair dye) from the current level.

[/ QUOTE ]

You will get no argument from me here. I completely agree.

10-04-2005, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dying your hair because you are on the lamb for 3rd degree murder and you need to change your appearance doesn't count.

I am talking dying your hair for pure aesthetic reasons here. If you do or don't dye your hair, do you consider male hair dying to be gay?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that dying your hair is sort of gay, but I could make an exception is a guy is young and has gray hair and wants to cover it up!

Guy Incognito
10-04-2005, 06:19 PM
I'm 30, with very dark hair, turning grey. So, yes.