PDA

View Full Version : Somewhat unusual girl situation

BWebb
10-03-2005, 07:03 PM
I met a few girls this weekend and ended up getting their phone numbers. Normally I would wait a few days (of course), then call them to set something up for the weekend. However, on Wednesday I am going on vacation and will not be back for about two weeks (the next two weekends). I don’t want to not call them until I get back because my opportunity would probably pass by then. Right now, I’m thinking I’ll call them before I take off Wednesday and say something along the lines of “I’m going out of town for a few weeks. I’d like to hang out; I’ll call you when I get back to town.” But for some reason I think this makes it seem like I’m a little too eager. Any thoughts on a better line or is that the one to go with?

tdarko
10-03-2005, 07:05 PM
you should know what i will suggest.

B Dids
10-03-2005, 07:05 PM
This seems awfully usual.

STLantny
10-03-2005, 07:06 PM
Why would your oppurtunity pass? Thats all in your head. And this isnt even remotely unusual... I expect something about a fish, a toothpick, and beach ball if its "unusual".

MyTurn2Raise
10-03-2005, 07:07 PM
get drunk and call them

[censored]
10-03-2005, 07:09 PM
You could be normal call, have a conversation without setting up an immediate date and working in your travel plans. But like I said that depends on you ability to carry a normal 5-10 minute conversation.

jakethebake
10-03-2005, 07:09 PM
Just call them Don't play stupid games.

johnnybeef
10-03-2005, 07:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I met a few girls this weekend and ended up getting their phone numbers. Normally I would wait a few days (of course), then call them to set something up for the weekend. However, on Wednesday I am going on vacation and will not be back for about two weeks (the next two weekends). I don’t want to not call them until I get back because my opportunity would probably pass by then. Right now, I’m thinking I’ll call them before I take off Wednesday and say something along the lines of “I’m going out of town for a few weeks. I’d like to hang out; I’ll call you when I get back to town.” But for some reason I think this makes it seem like I’m a little too eager. Any thoughts on a better line or is that the one to go with?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this the first chicks number that you have got in three months? Plenty of fish in the sea bro.

4_2_it
10-03-2005, 07:14 PM
I assume not posting their pictures is the unusual part of your post?

joshman1204
10-03-2005, 07:16 PM
This is easy just meet her the day before you leave nad SIIHP and then never call her again.

gorie
10-03-2005, 07:16 PM
dude, i dunno, looks like the only real option you have here is to invite them on vacation with you. suxxxxxxxx.

Ulysses
10-03-2005, 07:18 PM
Industry standard is waiting four weeks to call, so what's the problem?

OK, seriously, here's the plan for you:

Call first chick up today. Tell her you are going out of town on Wednesday for two weeks, but really enjoyed meeting her and would like to hang out, so you should go grab dinner tonight. Repeat w/ second chick tomorrow. Call remaining chicks on Wednesday and tell them that you are heading out of town for a couple of weeks, but wanted to call them before you took off and will give them a call when you get back, would love to hang out, blah blah blah.

DcifrThs
10-03-2005, 07:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why would your oppurtunity pass? Thats all in your head. And this isnt even remotely unusual... I expect something about a fish, a toothpick, and beach ball if its "unusual".

[/ QUOTE ]

or a ice cube and a 9 iron. maybe a pitching wedge.

Barron

BWebb
10-03-2005, 07:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

There is one story about an avacado, corkscrew and a snorkel but I don't real want to get into that.

MrTrik
10-03-2005, 08:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

Regardless ... McGyver would know what to do.

sleight
10-03-2005, 08:03 PM
Doesn't that involve a buffalo, stuffed, for safety's sake?

Voltron87
10-03-2005, 08:03 PM
call them, and somewhere mention that you'll be out of town for a little bit and wanted to see them before you went away.

i dont get it, this is gravy.

private joker
10-03-2005, 08:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Normally I would wait a few days (of course),

[/ QUOTE ]

This is horrible.

The reason so many guys think "of course" when they make this play is the reason the girls are banging me instead. Waiting 3 days is soooo 1990s.

One day is the new 3 days. Trust me. Girls figured out that we wait three days, and they hate it. Now, if you call the next day, it means you actually like them and didn't just want a quick screw. Actually, you do just want a quick screw, but they don't have to know that. What they're thinking is "here's an honest, good guy who doesn't play games and wait three days. He calls because he liked meeting me and that makes me feel special so I'll go out with him." And then you bang them.

Waiting a few days... pshhh. Amateurs.

Anyway, BWebb, call them TODAY. See if one of them wants to hang out for drinks tomorrow night because "I'm leaving out of town Wednesday, and I wanted to see you before I took off -- if you can't make it, then let's definitely get together when I get back." They won't go out with you Tuesday because then THEY'LL look desperate, but at least you've made yourself look like a stand-up guy. When you get back in town, you bang them.

PoBoy321
10-03-2005, 08:11 PM
Please refer to my earlier thread. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3546100&page=&view=&sb=5& o=&fpart=1&vc=1)

That said, just call her. Tell her that you're gonna be out of town for a little while and you'd love to get together for coffee or something before you go. It's always better to see overeager than uninterested.

MyTurn2Raise
10-03-2005, 08:14 PM
private joker speaks the truth.

I still say get drunk and call, since this is obviously an issue for you.

Richie Rich
10-03-2005, 09:45 PM
When it comes to breaking the ice with new pretty babies, it's 10% what you say, and 90% how you say it.

lu_hawk
10-03-2005, 09:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]\

This is one of the lamest "I Swear I'm Not Bragging" posts yet.

FoxwoodsFiend
10-03-2005, 11:58 PM
It seems like you are too eager. Don't call, go on vacation, and when you call just say something along the lines of "Sorry I never got around to calling you-I've been out of town for a couple of weeks."

MonkeeMan
10-04-2005, 12:10 AM
This is the perfect setup for you. Call each of them, tell them the truth and ask for their addresses so you can send them a postcard. Then you sneak over their houses tonight, break in, steal their thongs, and choke the chicken all vacation.

GoCubsGo
10-04-2005, 12:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
get drunk and SIIHP

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP

Tron
10-04-2005, 12:22 AM
"Yeah, but you know what, maybe I'll wait 3 weeks. How's that? And tell her I was cleaning out my wallet and I just happened to run into her number."

"Then ask her where you met her."

"Yeah, I'll ask her where I met her. I don't remember. What does she look like? And then I'll asked if we [censored]. Is that... Would that be... T, would that be the money?"

Manque
10-04-2005, 12:24 AM
Seriously. If you don't know the girls it's all about throwing it up there and seeing what sticks.

CardSharpCook
10-04-2005, 01:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It seems like you are too eager. Don't call, go on vacation, and when you call just say something along the lines of "Sorry I never got around to calling you-I've been out of town for a couple of weeks."

[/ QUOTE ]

I absolutely terrible when it comes to women, but this seemed like the obvious answer to me. So it has to be wrong.

whiskeytown
10-04-2005, 02:37 AM
I haven't read the other responses, but depending on where you're going, I'd call while you're on vacation - make them jealous and think you're well traveled.

RB

10-04-2005, 02:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I absolutely terrible when it comes to women, but this seemed like the obvious answer to me. So it has to be wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should try doing the opposite of everything you normally do. If you think you should do something, go against it. If you think you ought not to do something, do everything in your power to do just that.

PoBoy321
10-04-2005, 02:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's very, very wrong. How would you feel to be the woman, give this guy your number, not hear from him for two weeks and then just have him call you out of the blue talking about how he went on some trip. He'll seem disinterested and she'll be disinterested in him. Try to make plans before you leave, even if it's a little thing like coffee or lunch, and if you can't, just agree to get together afterwards, but definitely take some initiative.

MonkeeMan
10-04-2005, 11:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You should try doing the opposite of everything you normally do. If you think you should do something, go against it. If you think you ought not to do something, do everything in your power to do just that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Worked for George.

jthegreat
10-04-2005, 11:28 AM
Call now. Be blunt and don't be nervous about it. Tell her/them you didn't want them to think you weren't interested and that you'd like to set something up when you got back.

Overall, you just can't act like you give a [censored] what they think about you. Be up front, honest, and blunt... in other words, grow a pair.

Shajen
10-04-2005, 11:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I haven't read the other responses, but depending on where you're going, I'd call while you're on vacation - make them jealous and think you're well traveled.

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is good advice.

STLantny
10-04-2005, 11:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is good advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, super exciting vaca if you are calling girls you barely know because you have nothing else to do...