PDA

View Full Version : I'm embarrassed

slavic
05-19-2003, 05:08 PM
Paradise .5/1 lunch time punishment game

Table has played tight with 2 to 3 seeing most pots, I guy seeing 80% of them. I'm on the second orbit so I have no real read on anyone else.

Button + 1 I get J /forums/images/icons/heart.gif J /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

Utg folds, EP limps (he's our 80% guy), ep2 poster checks, folds to MP who calls, I raise, button calls 2 cold, SB folds, BB completes all call.

Tight table now has 6 in for 2 bets?

Flop is 5 /forums/images/icons/club.gif 6 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif Q /forums/images/icons/club.gif

Well the flop has missed me 6 way, but let's see.

BB checks, EP1 bets (always can count on him), EP2 calls, MP calls, I raise, button folds, BB folds, EP1 call, ep2 call, MP call. Weak Q? If you had AQ wouldn't you raise and let me fold? All draws? Can't be overcards versus a Q right you would have raised PF?

Turn is A /forums/images/icons/heart.gif [5 /forums/images/icons/club.gif 6 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif Q /forums/images/icons/club.gif]

ok I have to be beat, some joker is out there A8s read to pounce.

EP1 check, EP2 check, MP check, I bet [prepare for the check raise], EP1 calls, Ep2 folds, MP calls.

Am I good? Can't be.

River: 3 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif [A /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/club.gif 6 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif Q /forums/images/icons/club.gif]

Uhg ok I'm really dead now.

EP1 checks, MP checks, I check

I hang my head in shame.

slavic
05-19-2003, 05:12 PM
EP shows 4 /forums/images/icons/club.gif 6 /forums/images/icons/club.gif sixs
MP shows 8 /forums/images/icons/club.gif T /forums/images/icons/club.gif Ace High

The jacks are good. Ep had 16 outs from the flop no wonder he was so aggressive.

Bob T.
05-19-2003, 07:13 PM
Why are you embarassed. I wouldn't be. I believe that it is far from 100%, but vehn always says that if there is an early position bettor, after a preflop raise, that the EP is frequently betting his draw. I think that your raise on the flop is OK, you might convince a weak Queen to lay their hand down.

On the turn, nobody bets, and you didn't give a free card. I agree that I don't like your chances, but they have to be better if you bet. I hope you were going to lay down to a checkraise here. EP2, must have been on a gutshot draw, or he just always sees the turn for 1 bet.

I also think that checking behind on the river was OK here, I think that you might be behind at least 50% of the time, and it is hard to imagine that there are many worse hands out there that could call. Besides, by checking, you get to see their hands right away, and learn something about their play.

Bob T.
05-19-2003, 07:15 PM
I would have three bet the EP hand, with a flush draw, and a pair against the field. That might have won the hand for that player.

slavic
05-19-2003, 10:35 PM
I hope you were going to lay down to a checkraise here.

I was going to fold like a cheap suit.