PDA

View Full Version : 22 - AK, flop overcards to flush draw, all in?

john smith
10-03-2005, 04:51 PM
Party 22, Level 1

Villian and I both have our starting stacks of T800

I raise to 75 with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in EP. LP reraises 150 more to 225. I call.

Flop is 5-6-6 with two diamonds. Push, Check/call push, check/fold?

Preflop, should I fold to the reraise?

Shilly
10-03-2005, 06:27 PM
Preflop -- Barring a very good read, I'll fold this. I really don't like calling off 1/4 of my stack out of position, so I think if you decide to play this you should just push preflop (I don't really recommend this at all).

Flop -- The pot's big enough now for you to get all your chips in. You might as well push and at least try to get him to fold either an AK or some other hands that beat you.

10-03-2005, 07:37 PM
Preflop you have 2-to-1 odds, so unless you know the opponent is a rock I'd say it's OK to call and check-fold if you miss. His most likely hand is probably pocket queens.

Pushing the flop is OKish, but your opponent will not lay down a pp, and if he doesn't have one then you are obviously ahead. I prefer a cr all-in, you may get a little money off an AK or AQ and if he has AA or KK he may trap-check, which would be an error. Push right off the bat and he will do the right thing 100% of the time.

pineapple888
10-03-2005, 09:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Your opponent will not lay down a pp, and if he doesn't have one then you are obviously ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless villain has AA or KK (or a 6 or 55, these are unlikely), you may be ahead anyway, with two overcards adding to your draws. (You'd be a clear favorite, but some of your diamonds may not be outs.) In any case, you have good suckout potential. Push.

pineapple888
10-03-2005, 09:28 PM
Preflop, I call, because you see all kinds of weird raises early in 22's. 50's or above, I will probably lay it down.

Manque
10-04-2005, 12:18 AM
I don't think I could fold to such a silly reraise. I'd probably push the flop.