PDA

View Full Version : Baseball playoffs - some posting groundrules and suggestions

nolanfan34
10-03-2005, 04:25 PM
Hey all,

With the baseball playoffs starting tomorrow, I know the activity in this forum will be high. Which is awesome, because there are always plenty of great discussions/arguments.

That being said, I'd like to make a few suggestions so we can try to keep some semblance of organization in this forum. I don't ask for much, so bear with me.

- Only one "official" thread for each series please. If people want to make an "official" thread for each game, fine.

- If you want to comment on that particular series/game, please do so in that thread. Your comments are not likely to be witty/important/earthshattering enough to merit their own thread.

That's really about it. I don't really do much actual moderating in this forum, and that's by design. But I will probably delete some threads that are extensively duplicative, if it's getting too cluttered.

Finally, remember that this is open to discussion/amending. Clearly if something huge happens, like a fan punches Gary Sheffield or something, of course that will merit it's own thread. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

And just to get you in the mood for the playoffs, I leave you with this - your 2005 World Series MVP:

http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/sports/brew/img/oct04/nl1013.jpg

craig r
10-03-2005, 04:26 PM
That doesn't look like Manny Ramirez. Did you accidentally post the wrong picture? I am sure he will get it again /images/graemlins/smile.gif .

craig

sublime
10-03-2005, 07:10 PM
Dude, I like your 'beat around the bush' approach but you could have just said:

"Any idiot that Sublime had on Ignore since the ALL Star break cant post"

jba
10-03-2005, 09:56 PM
hey nolanfan ---

you got a vid of your boy beating robin ventura like a boy scout? somebody said you might.

ThaSaltCracka
10-04-2005, 12:29 AM
those are sound suggestions.

Go Yankees.

pryor15
10-04-2005, 01:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]

And just to get you in the mood for the playoffs, I leave you with this - your 2005 World Series MVP:

[/ QUOTE ]

i can't tell who it is with his glove and pujols' bat in the way.

Ulysses
10-04-2005, 01:22 AM
That doesn't look like Brad Lidge!

lastchance
10-04-2005, 01:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i can't tell who it is with his glove and pujols' bat in the way.

[/ QUOTE ]
This was a good one. The other ones.... Pretty homerish.