PDA

View Full Version : $100 bubble slowplay QQ's? Turn and River plays?

10-03-2005, 04:07 PM
Basically, the SB and I had been in a pot not too long ago, where I made him think I bluffed him with all my chips when I actually had the straight. It was a SB Vs BB situation where he instachecked preflop, I bet instantly on the flop when I had an OE straight draw, and he raised and I called. I hit it on the turn and then bet all my chips on the river when he folded. I proceeded to rib him a little and got under his skin.

So we jab back and forth a bit when this hand comes up. The whole tourney I had been raising 3xbb every time I raised then I get QQ's on the button and the blinds have started going up so I decided to make it look like a steal that didn't want a call by raising 4xBB.

When the SB called I put him on two high cards. Do you agree with my check on the turn? And how would you play the river?

Thanks!

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG (t3960)
Hero (t1895)
SB (t4975)
BB (t2670)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t200</font>, SB calls t175, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (t450) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t300</font>, SB calls t300.

Turn: (t1050) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: (t1050) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t1400</font>,
Final Pot: t3845

HighestCard
10-03-2005, 04:12 PM
Your play is great so far. Fire out another 1/3-1/2 pot bet. Im putting him on two overs easy. Since your on the bubble with level 3 blinds you were with big LAG's. Value bet the river, watch out for that ace though.

bigt439
10-03-2005, 04:20 PM
Check on the turn is horrible. You have to push or pot stick yourself. River is a bad spot, and you have to now go with reads, but it's a call I think. Don't rib people in SNG's because you rely on FE and this decreases it.

raptor517
10-03-2005, 04:23 PM
if sb is good at all, hes betting 1400 with any 2. i would. u screw yerself not betting the turn. dont get tricky, its not the wsop. keep bettin. holla

10-03-2005, 05:22 PM
After pondering this all day, I absolutely hate my check on the turn, mainly due to the fact that I need these chips to get to the money.

At the time tho, I was thinking he would fold my bet on the turn, and if I checked, he might bluff at it on the river. 8 cards of 44 give me a tough decision on the river and at the time I was willing to risk it to try and get more chips from him.

So, there was an 18% chance an overcard would hit on the river. Was this worth the chance of getting more chips from him?

10-03-2005, 05:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Check on the turn is horrible. You have to push or pot stick yourself. River is a bad spot, and you have to now go with reads, but it's a call I think. Don't rib people in SNG's because you rely on FE and this decreases it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great point on the FE. But sometimes you like to get value on your good hands and having someone looking to "get even" with you can be used to your advantage.

davehwm
10-03-2005, 05:46 PM
4 handed at 25/50? Maybe I should move up to the 109s.