PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol question

Shajen
10-03-2005, 02:58 PM
Throwing a halloween party. There will be jello shooters.

What is the best flavor in your opinion?

Ever had a jello shot that wasn't made with vodka? For example, anyone ever had a lime flavored tequila jello shot? Was it any good?

dtbog
10-03-2005, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Ever had a jello shot that wasn't made with vodka? For example, anyone ever had a lime flavored tequila jello shot? Was it any good?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're going to be the one to tell us all about the experience. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

MrWookie47
10-03-2005, 03:09 PM
I think rum would be a fine choice as an alternative alcohol. Red is the best flavor. However, I've never gotten even the slightest bit drunk off of Jello shots. I'm still not convinced the things aren't a big experiment in the placebo effect.

10-03-2005, 03:10 PM
Let me check my diary. I was 13 once.

Shajen
10-03-2005, 03:11 PM
as long as you aren't boiling the alcohol out of them, (and why would you? /images/graemlins/confused.gif) they should do the trick.

I may have to try rum with them. Would have to be a clear rum I think, Captain Morgan's wouldn't work.

Shajen
10-03-2005, 03:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, you have a diary? Nerd.

WackityWhiz
10-03-2005, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

gold

10-03-2005, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

10-03-2005, 03:13 PM
i stared at ur avatar for about 3 minutes straight. link to the whole video?

Shajen
10-03-2005, 03:15 PM
to answer your question, I've yet to meet a cool chick that doesn't like jello shots.

They are cool for parties man. This isn't gonna be a wine tasting, it's a halloween party where people will be throwing down. Jello shots are cool.

10-03-2005, 03:16 PM
i was just joking with you. had jello shots at last year's super bowl party. those things are powerful.

Shajen
10-03-2005, 03:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i was just joking with you. had jello shots at last year's super bowl party. those things are powerful.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really need to get my "smart ass" detector tuned.

Nice post. Got me.

Ulysses
10-03-2005, 03:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think rum would be a fine choice as an alternative alcohol. Red is the best flavor. However, I've never gotten even the slightest bit drunk off of Jello shots. I'm still not convinced the things aren't a big experiment in the placebo effect.

[/ QUOTE ]

People are making the jello shots wrong. Jello shots are just about the easiest way to get blackout drunk.

Ulysses
10-03-2005, 03:30 PM
Blue is always cool.

benza13
10-03-2005, 03:30 PM
Had them with Tequila at least once, didn't taste too good, but it was probably mixed with the wrong flavor jello (can't remember now, but I know it wasn't Lime). Rum is good, vodka never fails. Red jello's are generally my favorite, but if you are planning on making a lot you can always make a mixture, using a couple different alcohol/jello combos.

WackityWhiz
10-03-2005, 03:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i stared at ur avatar for about 3 minutes straight. link to the whole video?

[/ QUOTE ]

I got it from somebody who posted a brazillion avatars... so no I don't have the video...

but it does get bigger /images/graemlins/grin.gif

http://x4.putfile.com/9/25211051440.gif

theben
10-03-2005, 03:32 PM
tequila = nasty

stick with vodka. if you want to be inventive, use some rum

astroglide
10-03-2005, 03:33 PM
that avatar does nothing for me

mmbt0ne
10-03-2005, 03:35 PM
I don't know, but on an almost completely unrelated note, TheDude was supposed to make vodka-pancakes and post a trip report. This must've been like 8 months ago. WTF Dude?

Shajen
10-03-2005, 03:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Had them with Tequila at least once, didn't taste too good, but it was probably mixed with the wrong flavor jello (can't remember now, but I know it wasn't Lime). Rum is good, vodka never fails. Red jello's are generally my favorite, but if you are planning on making a lot you can always make a mixture, using a couple different alcohol/jello combos.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, last year we made 12 trays (about 50 on a tray) but went with vodka only, and every "standard" jello flavor (red, green, blue, etc) They were cool, but you can't keep coming with the same stuff each year.

I may make a small batch of the lime flavored with tequila for me and the mrs. to try before hand. I'll do the rum definitely. Any flavor that rules with the rum?

MrWookie47
10-03-2005, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

People are making the jello shots wrong. Jello shots are just about the easiest way to get blackout drunk.

[/ QUOTE ]

I keep hearing this, but no matter the source of the shots, I never get nothin'. How many half filled Dixie cup-sized shots should I have to consume, typically, to feel like I've got 4 beers in me? What is the proper way to make them, anyway?

Shajen
10-03-2005, 03:40 PM
I follow the instructions on the jello packets, but any time it says "water" I use vodka instead.

Anymore than that and they taste like [censored]. Any less and you may as well be mixing them with water.

Ulysses
10-03-2005, 03:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. I feel like it's just about the hottest thing I've ever seen in my life.

J.A.Sucker
10-03-2005, 03:56 PM
Jello shots are the work of the devil, so it's appropriate for you to have them on Halloween. I used to make lots of flavors - red, blue, orange (some like that stuff), etc.

Vodka is fine for them, but I have also used rum, tequila, and I made Manhattan jello shots, too. Cherry jello, sweet vermouth, and wild turkey. Bacardi 151 makes for some scary jello shots, as does everclear.

You can also experiment with other odd jello flavors (i.e. make a pina coloda jello shot, etc). I also like to do some marachino cherries that you poke holes in with toothpicks and incubate in everclear or 151 overnight. They soak up lots of booze and become flammable. Quite cool and tasty. Also lead to people puking in your bushes.

10-03-2005, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. I feel like it's just about the hottest thing I've ever seen in my life.

[/ QUOTE ]

it is.

Escape
10-03-2005, 04:02 PM
Receipe? I never heard of jello shots before, then again we don't celebrate Halloween?

theben
10-03-2005, 04:06 PM
im all for it

tonypaladino
10-03-2005, 04:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was gonna say "What, are you gay or something?" but then I saw it was you. The avatar would do nothing for me either if I lived your life.

Shajen
10-03-2005, 04:52 PM
do you remember what flavor combos you used with the tequila?

Also, did you use "skank" tequila like Cuervo or what?

Thanks for the info.

prrthd
10-03-2005, 05:10 PM
This link is all you will need. I have done about 20 different kinds and most of them go over very well at parties.

Jello Shots (http://www.boston-baden.com/hazel/Jello/jello.html)

Shajen
10-03-2005, 05:14 PM
cool, thanks man. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

bernie
10-03-2005, 05:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Throwing a halloween party. There will be jello shooters.

What is the best flavor in your opinion?

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a reason they use vodka. You're not supposed to taste the alcohol.

Tequila? Oh god. May as well just pour shots and save the set time for the jello.

Rum would be interesting. Probably go best since it's common in fruit drinks.

Whiskey would make everyone gag.

Goldschlagger might also be interesting. Thinking on those terms, flavored vodkas might be worth looking into. Think in terms of accentuating the flavor of the jello, not competing with it.

b

prrthd
10-03-2005, 05:17 PM
Oh, remember to spray the cups with a little bit of Pam cooking spray before pouring in the jello. It makes them come out much easier and doesn't do anything to the taste.