PDA

View Full Version : Semi-bluff raising turn against donk bet, -EV?

10-03-2005, 02:53 PM
I haven't been at the table too long, so I'm lacking in reads. Villain was loose (72 VP$IP), rarely raised preflop (10%), and wasn't a calling station (WtSD 30%). He was neither overly aggressive or overly passive over this small sample of 38 hands.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds.

Final Pot: 6.75 BB

Even though the semi-bluff worked here, I wasn't sure if it was a good move or not in these situations.

I figured him for a semi-bluff when he donk-bet me on that board. I guess he wasn't even semi-bluffing? He surely would have called with an OESD. If he called, I'd check behind on the river UI. If he raised, I'd have to call with my OESD and fold UI on the river.

I only recently started 6-max games (2k hands now) and I've noticed a LOT more semi-bluffing than full ring games.

edit: Pulled up PokerTracker for more accurate stats and added WtSD.

POKhER
10-03-2005, 02:57 PM
I wouldnt raise preflop next time CO calls and your on button.

If Co folded, raise to blind steal but risky otherwise.

Looks ok, If he calls you may be in trouble though /images/graemlins/smile.gif

benkath1
10-03-2005, 02:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wouldnt raise preflop next time CO calls and your on button.

[/ QUOTE ]

CO open limps and you've got a suited A on the button? Why the hell not?

MrWookie47
10-03-2005, 03:04 PM
I'd want at the bare minimum a WtSD stat on this guy. My default player doesn't fold enough in this spot, but there are some who'll oblige me. More reads are always better.

10-03-2005, 03:10 PM
Good point... I have now added the WtSD stat (had to check back in PokerTracker). He only WtSD 30%. This was a small sample of 38 hands though.

10-03-2005, 03:11 PM
Yeah I thought raising here was pretty standard in 6-max.

POKhER
10-03-2005, 03:12 PM
4%PFR, he could easily have Limped ATo no?

I dont like blind steals(looks like this is) when you got CO hanging about, or others.

10-03-2005, 03:15 PM
He's so loose he could be limping anything suited, any offsuit connected, AX, KX, and any pair.

My raise wasn't for the intention of stealing the blinds. This raise was to isolate a weak player and for value.

Keep in mind this is a 6-max game. If you have an ace, there's a good chance you're the only one with it.

benkath1
10-03-2005, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
4%PFR, he could easily have Limped ATo no?

I dont like blind steals(looks like this is) when you got CO hanging about, or others.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this would be a blind steal raise. I would think it more as a position/value raise. CO could be limping ATo, but he could be limping many worse hands.