PDA

View Full Version : OT: I need to win $0.43

Winwood
10-03-2005, 02:37 PM
Hi. This isn't exactly off-topic, but its not about how to play SNGs either. At least not how to play them properly...

So, a week or so ago I got drunk and blew almost my entire bankroll on poker games I'm not nearly good enough to play in. It would be nice not to be berrated for that, since I can't be the only one to have done that here can I? Can I? Anyway its not about that, and I sure deserve some berrating so go ahead.

So I'm left with $11.57. I almost certainly have to buy back in, but I wonder if I can get back to where I was from where I am. My plan is to play a Party $5+1 since, if you have to play ONE game that you absolutely CANNOT lose thats the game right?. And so to my point - how should I alter from the standard SNG strategy in order to absolutely guarantee I cash?

And for those who are thinking 'standard SNG strategy IS the best way to cash' please consider this - standard strategy is how we play to get the best possible ROI or $/hr. I'm not interested in that - I wanna cash. So if folding into 3rd place were possible that would absolutely be the best strategy - unfortunately thats not possible, even at a $5+1.

So simply put, whats the best strategy to maximise my ITM and how does that differ from normal?

This may be a very uninteresting question, hence 'Off Topic' but I thought some might find it an interesting exercise.

I'll start off - I would think that much tighter passive play with 5 or 4 people left would be a better way to get ITM.

Btw, in case you haven't worked it out, why 0.43? Cos then I'd have $12 which is 2 buy-ins and my journey to recovery has begun!

raptor517
10-03-2005, 02:38 PM
dont be a donk. just play one 11. holla

Hornacek
10-03-2005, 02:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
or rebuy.

pokerdirty
10-03-2005, 02:43 PM
play a 50max ring game, push with the first good hand. pray. or take raptors advice, wtf do i know.

raptor517
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
or rebuy.

[/ QUOTE ]

no need, just win the 11. instant bankroll. holla

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, but he may be right. It's pretty hard (at least for me) to guarantee a 3rd place finish in the 11s.

Assuming the 6s are looser than the 11s (I've never played them), just fold a lot. Push AA, KK, maybe QQ, and fold all else until ITM. ITM, play good poker against donks (push when your hand's good against maniac calling ranges).

Winwood
10-03-2005, 02:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think cashing in an $11 is as easy as in a $6? I've played quite a few of both and I don't. There's not much difference but there's some for sure.

Or is it just cos the prize is bigger? Weighing up the increased difficulty (20%?) for the increased prize (50%) would suggest so. But this is a situation where I'm very very risk averse.

You still say just play an $11?

Karak567
10-03-2005, 02:53 PM
11s are full of the same retards that 6s are and there is only a 10 % rake.

Play an 11, they aren't any harder than a 6.

jeffraider
10-03-2005, 02:53 PM
I'd play one $11 because I'd definitely win.

FlyWf
10-03-2005, 02:54 PM
No way. What I would do is buy in for $5 at 2 25NL tables. Fold everything, openpush premium hands. Significantly better chance of making the 0.43, but also a decent chance of getting up to around $17-$22, which is where the earning can commence.

My poker bankroll was once entirely invested in a $5.50 SNG and I've turned that into maybe $20K of profits since that point. So on second thought, yeah, just play and win an $11. +soulEV

Bill Poker
10-03-2005, 02:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you need 30 times buyin. now you have $11.57, so you should go ahead to play 11.57/30 = 0.386, maybe you can find micro SNG in (UB?), and play $0.25+0.02 or $0.35+0.03, just in case there are some major 20 buyin down swings???

<font color="white"> javascript:void(0)
/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif </font>

proell
10-03-2005, 03:10 PM
You need to be realistic, you will not build a bankroll with $11.

go out and mow a dozen lawns or so and you can have enough money to actually play.

Winwood
10-03-2005, 03:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You need to be realistic, you will not build a bankroll with $11.

go out and mow a dozen lawns or so and you can have enough money to actually play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can just imagine the face of the little old lady next door if her 30 year old married neighbor came around and offered to mow her lawn.

Freudian
10-03-2005, 03:16 PM
NL is much better than SnGs in situations like yours. You will be much more in control of your destiny.

10-03-2005, 03:22 PM
For real dude, just reup and be disciplined.

This is a pretty stupid thread, cant believe it has so many responses. You spent all that time writing a long story over making .43!? Come on dude, if you would have just reupped and played your game, you would have made your stupid .43 and then cashed out. plain silly!