PDA

View Full Version : Somebody else's hand.

Duke
05-19-2003, 01:01 PM
I'll post this as if it were my hand, and figure to maybe get -some- insight as to what was going through the player's mind as the hand played out.

3-6 HE.

I limp UTG with 82o. There's a raise and a 3-bet back to me. The blinds call, I call, and the initial raiser calls.

Flop J52r.

Checked to the 3-bettor, who bets. The blinds call. I call. The initial raiser calls.

Turn Q. sb bets out. BB folds, I call, initial raiser calls, 3-bettor raises. sb calls, I call, initial raiser calls.

River 8. Checked around, and my hand is good.

Comments?

~D

Nottom
05-19-2003, 01:06 PM
Pre-flop: Any 2 cards can win!!!

Flop: Sweet I got a pair!!!

Turn: That guy is bluffing, I'm gonna call. Hmm same guy from the first round bet again after raising pre-flop ... he must have AK, I'll call with my pair.

River: Cool another pair, sweet. Ha I knew that SB guy was bluffing ... see he didn't bet this time. They were all bluffing anyway so theres no point in betting my 2-pair, maybe that first guy will bet again for me so I can call.

Bob T.
05-19-2003, 02:42 PM
I limp UTG with 82o.

I hope nobody raises.

There's a raise and a 3-bet back to me. The blinds call, I call, and the initial raiser calls.

Dang it !

Flop J52r.

Checked to the 3-bettor, who bets. The blinds call. I call. The initial raiser calls.

I hope nobody bets....Dang it!

Turn Q. sb bets out.

Dang it!

3-bettor raises.

Dang it!

Dang it! What are they all talking about, it seems that there is some kind of joke, but I didn't hear it. Oh well, I can't hear them well when I am stacking these chips.

Joe Tall
05-19-2003, 03:02 PM
I limp UTG with 82o.
82 - hey that's my birth year and it's my 21st Birthday, I've got to play it.

There's a raise and a 3-bet back to me.
Wow that's alot of money, I've got to stay. Call

Flop J52r.
J for John, 5 for the Month of May and my pairs of twos, since I'll be 22 this year, this is destiny.

Turn Q.
Q for the lovely ladies that bought me drinks tonight. Call

I knew it was destiny, I'll go for a check-raise...damn, I missed.

Play Tight
05-19-2003, 03:08 PM
As much as I would like to say what a horse's a$$ type of play, if I lost to this hand, I'm sure that all here would agree that this is one of the many reasons we play.

This guy calls three bets with 82o? Keep it up buddy, your a walking ATM and you have just given us the PIN number without any daily withdraw limits. Flopped bottom pair with a horrible kicker, sure call all the bets you might just get lucky, and well he did on this one particular hand. Let him, the few times he wins builds more confidence and will loosen him up even more (well if that is even possible.)

I have taken my fair share of bad beats to these players and it has taken alot of time to realize how great they can make a game long term. I used to get mad and probably would of said something, not to negative, but atleast let it be known that that was a horrible hand. Now I say good catch and let it go.

IE busy room on friday night my pocket K's in the blind get raised and I bump with 6 callers. Flop is K 7 2r and we start a betting war between myself and the orig raiser with one remaining caller. We take it out to the river only to be shown a 4 5o by the caller which went turn 8 and he caught the gutshot 6 for the straight to take down a huge pot. Orig bettor had pocket A's and I came in a close second with my set. The calling station got even a little more bolder calling every hand no matter the bet and pumped approx. $300 onto the talbe before his wife yanked him away. So bottom line IMHO, let them have a moment in the sun and then laugh the whole time your spending his money while your vacationing on a sun drenched island.

tewall
05-19-2003, 03:19 PM
He's playing the hand as if it were a lottery. At the end he didn't bet either because he was afraid someone had a better hand, or he was trying to be nice.

There are people who play this way. They'll play any hand to see if they get lucky and win, but they don't like to be aggressive.

Duke
05-19-2003, 05:53 PM
Yeah, I wasn't really worked up about the hand, as it was only a 3-6 game, and I don't really play that limit for profit, just to kill time or play with a friend. I'll play it right, but it's not necessarily a great way to earn a living.

I guess I was pretty surprised that someone could be that bad at poker. I suppose she was an example of a "Mike Caro" "luck oriented" player, as opposed to a "skillful" one.

Like, I've seen some horrible players in the past, but this one took the cake.

OK, back to playing real poker.

~D

Ruddiger
05-19-2003, 06:50 PM
I lost to a hand very similar to that last night, except it was 92o. He caught 2 on the turn and a 9 on the river to beat me. Always a fun way to spend the night.

flopdanutz
05-19-2003, 07:06 PM
at a 3-6 table a new player posts (in early position)
The cards are dealt and there are a few callers (5 or 6). I have been playing fairly tight.
I look down to see AA, I raise from big blind and not to my surprise everyone calls!
flop comes 3 spread out rainbow cards (jack high).
I bet, and get 3 callers on the flop, one of them being the guy who posted.
Turn comes 6, no apparent draw. I bet and to my surprise everyone folds except one person, the guy who posted in early position. The river comes another 6. I bet ... the guy who posted takes a minute to think and raises. By that time I know I was rivered but cannot seem to let go. Maybe I should have bet and folded to a raise but the guy is new and I want to see his hand so I call. He turns over 62s and says, "Three of a kind." I toss my aces in the muck and say to him, "Nice hand sir."

The guy slowly loses what he gained plus his buyin, however I get no part of it. I end the day sad. I really wanted my money back.