PDA

View Full Version : things that made me say WTF

Shajen
10-03-2005, 01:55 PM
1) Gas stations near my home are completely out of gas. Like 5 out of the 6 I pass on my way to work. (This isn't the [censored] third world, it's the Atlanta suburbs. WTF?)

I work near the MARTA (Metro Atlanta "Rapid" Transit Authority) HQtrs, and apparently they are on strike or something. WTF #2) They were picketing oustide the building when I left to get lunch from Fatburger today at 12:45. When I got back at 1:05, they were all gone. I don't understand that. Picket for an hour or so then go get lunch? En masse? WTF people? We really mean business. In fact, we are gonna stand out here for a good half hour and show you we mean business, damnit!

WTF#3) I saw a sign that said "You'll see how valuable we are when the trains don't run". Uh, mass transit in Atlanta is a [censored] joke. Motherfuckers don't run half the time, and the other half they are not on schedule. WTF?

WTF #4) I get to Fatburger, and these 3 skinny looking chicks walk in. I don't get a real good look, but as I'm waiting for my order, they are ordering their food. One of them lifts their arm and points to the sign. WTF, hairy arms than mine. UGH. Then, I notice they are wearing dresses. All three of them are unshaven on their legs. Then I look a little higher up, holy [censored], they are cross-dressers. Ok, whatever, but for the love of God, shave your [censored]. If you want to act like a girl, be like a girl. SHAVE THAT [censored].

Il_Mostro
10-03-2005, 02:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1) Gas stations near my home are completely out of gas. Like 5 out of the 6 I pass on my way to work. (This isn't the [censored] third world, it's the Atlanta suburbs. WTF?)

[/ QUOTE ]
Get used to it. Chances are it'll get worse.

mmbt0ne
10-03-2005, 02:10 PM
I went home this weekend to Peachtree City, and gas prices were more expensive than downtown Atlanta. I'm so confused.

shadow29
10-03-2005, 02:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I went home this weekend to Peachtree City, and gas prices were more expensive than downtown Atlanta. I'm so confused.

[/ QUOTE ]

Davidson is 3.30 for premium.
Charlotte is like 3.10.
Davidson is 19 miles from Charlotte.

ugh.

oh and Ptree City sux.

Shajen
10-03-2005, 02:14 PM
I moved here from San Diego in 1998. When I left SD, gas was around $1.40 or so a gallon, iirc. I got here and saw gas for $.85 a gallon. That's 6.5 years ago. I filled up today for #3.15 a gallon. I believe that's higher than Cali right now.

WTF?

mmbt0ne
10-03-2005, 02:16 PM
Hey, you should feel proud. You actually live in a real city now! gg Sandy Springs.

shadow29
10-03-2005, 02:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey, you should feel proud. You actually live in a real city now! gg Sandy Springs.

[/ QUOTE ]

f yeah! My dad is going to be the judge.

Too bad Eva Galombos (de facto mayor and future mayor) is terrible.

Shajen
10-03-2005, 02:22 PM
You live in SS?

I used to, right over by Rendezvous, in the Windsor at Asbury Apartments.

[ QUOTE ]
MARTA

[/ QUOTE ]

Moving Africans Rapidly Through Atlanta

dibbs
At this food plaza thing today waiting between classes. A male college student glances at a female student that he obviously knows, when she see's him she says hi and approaches. They exchange a sort of distance giving straight armed handshake, like you would give when you first meet someone or at a business meeting or something, very awkward, this is not how opposite sex college students greet each other.

Anyways, the awkward exchange is done and she goes to get some food, he turns around, looks at his watch, gets a terrified look in his eyes, and grabs the nearby trashcan, slams his head into the flap and starts vomitting profusely.

Maybe he realizes he didn't care for the handshake. wtf.

Shajen
10-03-2005, 02:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
MARTA

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on, man. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

mmbt0ne
10-03-2005, 02:25 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

f yeah! My dad is going to be the judge.

Too bad Eva Galombos (de facto mayor and future mayor) is terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

We have a bad mayor too right now. Bad mayors suck.

EDIT: oh yeah, and where is this fatburger?

10-03-2005, 02:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
MARTA

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was a joke /images/graemlins/tongue.gif I made it up when I was there for the first time this summer, just thought I'd share....

lucas9000
10-03-2005, 02:35 PM
so, while atlanta is apparently running out of gas, yesterday i got gas cheaper than where it was at a week ago (this is in denver btw). so, i'm assuming whatever shortage is affecting atlanta is strictly a regional thing...?

Shajen
10-03-2005, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
so, while atlanta is apparently running out of gas, yesterday i got gas cheaper than where it was at a week ago (this is in denver btw). so, i'm assuming whatever shortage is affecting atlanta is strictly a regional thing...?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, I don't know. All I can figure is people are retarded and are doing another run on gas. Either that, or city-wide planning is just not happening. I don't know.

I do know it's pissing me off.

lucas9000
10-03-2005, 02:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, I don't know. All I can figure is people are retarded and are doing another run on gas. Either that, or city-wide planning is just not happening. I don't know.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think we should develop a conspiracy theory. let me be the first to blame the french-canadian separatists.

Shajen
10-03-2005, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think we should develop a conspiracy theory. let me be the first to blame the french-canadian separatists.

[/ QUOTE ]

If not them, I'd say the Scots. No one ever blames the Scots.

canis582
10-03-2005, 03:18 PM
This needs to be discussed in the main forum

[ QUOTE ]
At this food plaza thing today waiting between classes. A male college student glances at a female student that he obviously knows, when she see's him she says hi and approaches. They exchange a sort of distance giving straight armed handshake, like you would give when you first meet someone or at a business meeting or something, very awkward, this is not how opposite sex college students greet each other.

Anyways, the awkward exchange is done and she goes to get some food, he turns around, looks at his watch, gets a terrified look in his eyes, and grabs the nearby trashcan, slams his head into the flap and starts vomitting profusely.

Maybe he realizes he didn't care for the handshake. wtf.

[/ QUOTE ]

bravos1
10-03-2005, 03:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
MARTA

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was a joke /images/graemlins/tongue.gif I made it up when I was there for the first time this summer, just thought I'd share....

[/ QUOTE ]

So original.. I heard this garbage when I lived there 10+ years ago!

bravos1
10-03-2005, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Uh, mass transit in Atlanta is a [censored] joke. Motherfuckers don't run half the time, and the other half they are not on schedule. WTF?

[/ QUOTE ]

Be happy that you have MARTA. I used it for 3.5 years while I was in college and it was great. Maybe it has changed some, but I will bet you any amount that it is much better than San Jose, which basically has nothing! Light Rail sucks and is VERY limited, and BART does not get down this far YET.

BTW, how much does MARTA cost now? When I was there, it was $1.25 one way, to ANY stop regardless of the distance.

mmbt0ne
10-03-2005, 03:29 PM
I know it was $1.75, but it might've gone up in the past month. I remember hearing something about that, but I don't know if it was a proposal or not.

Shajen
10-03-2005, 03:30 PM
I think it's a buck fifty now. something like that.

bravos1
10-03-2005, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I know it was $1.75, but it might've gone up in the past month. I remember hearing something about that, but I don't know if it was a proposal or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow.. still dirt cheap! It's like $8 or so to ride from one end of BART to the other... Like $4 to go from just Colma to SFO.. just rediculous.

peachy
10-03-2005, 03:53 PM
we have a fatbuger in ATL?? lol

beernutz
10-03-2005, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
MARTA

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dated a girl from Atlanta while I was attending Auburn in the 70's and that 'joke' was stale then.

peachy
10-03-2005, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
MARTA

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

how did i know this was coming....

peachy
10-03-2005, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
MARTA

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no...this has been a long time joke in atlanta

jakethebake
10-03-2005, 04:01 PM
I'm betting this is all peachy's fault somehow. Maybe you should go punch her in the face. Apparently it happens to her all the time anyway.

IndieMatty
10-03-2005, 04:02 PM
Thread has been ignored

You are now ignoring this non New York City based thread. You will no longer see any non-NYC area threads or any of their posts.

Contact Us | Privacy statement 2+2 Publishing

peachy
10-03-2005, 04:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm betting this is all peachy's fault somehow. Maybe you should go punch her in the face. Apparently it happens to her all the time anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

look...the times i was punched in the face were for every good reasons on my part /images/graemlins/frown.gif

i can put in a call to get him some gas though /images/graemlins/frown.gif i dont need to be hit!

theben
10-03-2005, 04:03 PM
lol #4

jackdaniels
10-03-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i dont need to be hit!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what they all say. Just admit you really want it! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

peachy
10-03-2005, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i dont need to be hit!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what they all say. Just admit you really want it! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/frown.gif i can take a beating but i dont like them!!!

Shajen
10-03-2005, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thread has been ignored

You are now ignoring this non New York City based thread. You will no longer see any non-NYC area threads or any of their posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, wait wait, there's people who actually live outside New York City?

WTF? Do they have water and electricity? What about bathrooms?

(You are en fuego today sir.)

bravos1
10-03-2005, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thread has been ignored

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? Do they have water and electricity? What about bathrooms?

(You are en fuego today sir.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm maybe that is why those Canadians had such a hard time finding someone who know what bathroom meant?

I think it is similar to the hole in the ground I use? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

tonypaladino
10-03-2005, 04:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thread has been ignored

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know some people that do, but I wonder if they actually exist when I'm not looking at them.

The whole idea is crazy.

Blarg
10-03-2005, 04:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If not them, I'd say the Scots. No one ever blames the Scots.

[/ QUOTE ]

/groundskeeperwillie Damn the Scots! They ruined Scotland!

ChipWrecked
10-03-2005, 04:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

WTF#3) I saw a sign that said "You'll see how valuable we are when the trains don't run". Uh, mass transit in Atlanta is a [censored] joke. Motherfuckers don't run half the time, and the other half they are not on schedule. WTF?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dumbasses. The trains are electric, if they're referring to fuel. I suppose they're agitating because gas is running out and they'll be the only alternative. Not likely. I lived in Atlanta. People will walk before they'll get on those trains.

-----Cali gas is refined in Cali, dude! You remember that! Nothing wrong with the Martinez refineries... /images/graemlins/grin.gif