PDA

View Full Version : River decision against LP

aargh57
10-03-2005, 01:31 PM
I'm thinking this is probably an easy decision but maybe not.

Crypto 1/2 pound tables 6 max 6 handed

SB is very LP. He's in almost all hands and chases with just about any part of the flop. UTG is also LP.

Hero is in MP with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

UTG calls, Hero raises, 2 folds, SB calls, BB calls

Flop (8 SB)
3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif

Checked to hero who bets, villain calls, BB folds, UTG calls

Turn (5.5 BB)

5 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Checked to hero who bets, Villain calls, UTG calls

River (8.5 BB)

6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB bets, UTG folds, Hero?

sean c
10-03-2005, 01:47 PM
Call. River donk bets from fish can mean anything. Your easily good here 10% of the time.

Absolution
10-03-2005, 01:51 PM
You're done. A passive opponents wakes up on the river? He's betting to make sure it isn't checked through. I don't think you're good 1 in 10.5 times here. I fold.

Absolution
10-03-2005, 01:54 PM
Really? I would agree if you said turn or even flop instead of river. For a passive opponent this seems pretty clear to me. The biggest problem I see is you folding to a scare card and that may be an easy read, even for the weak passives.

POKhER
10-03-2005, 02:02 PM
*sniff* Flush *Snif* Mmmmm Flush!

Fold. But call occasionally so your opponents dont think your a weak tight wossssssss

shadow29
10-03-2005, 02:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're done. A passive opponents wakes up on the river? He's betting to make sure it isn't checked through. I don't think you're good 1 in 10.5 times here. I fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

You probably lose money at 6max.

shadow29
10-03-2005, 02:04 PM
I can't believe people are folding this hand so quickly.

Bad poker.

Redd
10-03-2005, 02:05 PM
This really depends on the reliability of your read. If you're very certain he is in fact an LPP (as in, haven't seen him bet without a very strong hand for a few hundred hands), then I can find a fold here. If you're calling him LPP because you've seen him play for a couple orbits and he's check-called down with TP against your pfr one time, then I call.

@bsolute_luck
10-03-2005, 02:06 PM
call. fold. either one is fine and i'd have no problems or regrets about either.

sean c
10-03-2005, 02:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Really? I would agree if you said turn or even flop instead of river. For a passive opponent this seems pretty clear to me. The biggest problem I see is you folding to a scare card and that may be an easy read, even for the weak passives.

[/ QUOTE ]

River donks of scare cards from bad players always make me suspicious but a good post flop read would help i just assume that since villian plays to many hands and plays them passivly that he is bad.

aargh57
10-03-2005, 03:08 PM
At the time I had seen him call down quite alot and show no aggresion (although over about 60 hands). I did have some notes next to him but didn't copy them down for this post (sorry) but he did seem to be very LP. I thought that this was a pretty easy fold but I guess I could've called.

10-03-2005, 05:57 PM
Call and take notes. Even loose passives like to bluff on boards like this.