PDA

View Full Version : B&S

sfer
10-03-2005, 12:03 PM
Saw Belle and Sebastian perform last night at some retard music festival with slick corporate sponsorship laced everywhere, fore to aft, all the way out in Coney Island. Between sets they would show another band playing at the other festival venue in Staten Island. Dumb idea, executed lamely, particularly when you show a band as dull as Jet. The best thing I can muster about Jet is that they reminded me about how genuinely good and original Led Zeppelin still sounds.

Anyway. B&S played for about an hour. Started with The Stars of Track and Field, played I'm a Cuckoo, The Loneliness of a Middle Distance Runner (a song I adore, Stuart kicked off the song by reminding the band to play "like seven Fonzis"), The Wrong Girl, two new ones--which both sounded terrific--, Me and the Major, Judy and the Dream of Horses, and some others I'm sure I'm forgetting. The old staple Electronic Renaissance was more electronic than normal. They were great, Stuart had on a Mets t-shirt, we sang Happy Birthday for a band member who turned 30, and the hot dogs and fries and chili and liquid cheese at Nathan's were fine as well.

Stuck around to hear Beck play a couple of songs afterward and then went home. Megantw observed that he looked incredibly bored playing Loser. I think she was right.