PDA

View Full Version : GB/CAR MNF -- who's got what?

whipsaw
10-03-2005, 11:49 AM
I really like the under -- I don't know how GB scores at all this game

YoureToast
10-03-2005, 12:26 PM
This line is truly insanity. I am all over GB tonight at anything above 7. At 7 or below, I still fade the Panthers, but just not by as much.

10-03-2005, 12:43 PM
The Packers started off 1-4 last season before going on a tear and winning 9 of their last 11 and making the playoffs. A lot of the wins during the last 11 were very close games and 3 or 4 came down to last second FG's by longwell.

I refuse to believe that the Pack are as bad aas they have been playing. Brett Favre is still Brett Favre and although he's obviously lost a step he still has a large drive to win. I also think A. Green is due to have a break out game.

The Panthers also got off to a bad start last year before getting it going and almost making the playoffs. Their running game hasn't been what it was last year with the exception of the Patriots game. Davis is getting 3.6 a carry, a far cry from his 2003 numbers.

Delhomme hasn't put up strong numbers this year either, although getting S. Smith back is a huge improvement for their receiving core.

To sum it up, the Packers are better than 0-3 and should atleast keep this game close.

Green Bay + 7.5

(also think GB +280 has value, still debating)

10-03-2005, 01:51 PM
The packers win outrite.

MookieBlaylock
10-03-2005, 03:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I really like the under also. With GBs poor run defense I see Car pounding the ball and eating up a lot of clock.

The line seems like a trap, Im not sure which way to lean. Car is inconsistant to say the least (losing at home to a bad NOs team and then beating NE). On the other side GB has been awful at times, but they are playing better as of late.

WLC4Ever
10-03-2005, 03:14 PM
I'm leaning towards a 6 point teaser
Car -1
Under 49.5

Farve may put up a gallient effort, but I think GB is just outgunned on the road here. Even against the worst defense, they haven't been able to put up points and I can't see why it's going to happen just because it's MNF. Delhomme on the other hand has at least had success with Steve Smith, and once they get a lead they're just gonna pound it on the ground all night.

duma
10-03-2005, 03:56 PM
i got a parlay GB and the over. i dont like betting against Brett Favre on Monday night. and most people would agree that if u bet the dog then the over is a good correlated pick. Monday night these past 2 years has seen alot of scoring so im hoping this will be a good shootout. i dont see either team trying to run the ball that much, unlike last weeks game where Den and KC chewed up huge clock time with their runs.

ctv1116
10-03-2005, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i got a parlay GB and the over. i dont like betting against Brett Favre on Monday night. and most people would agree that if u bet the dog then the over is a good correlated pick. /quote]

I don't want to hijack this thread but I think most people would argue that the dog usually correlates with the under, and the favorite with the over.

BaronVonCP
10-03-2005, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i got a parlay GB and the over. i dont like betting against Brett Favre on Monday night. and most people would agree that if u bet the dog then the over is a good correlated pick. /quote]

agreed, that's what i have a small bet on. Tough i don't feel its anything close to a lock.
I don't want to hijack this thread but I think most people would argue that the dog usually correlates with the under, and the favorite with the over.

[/ QUOTE ]

ThaHero
10-03-2005, 07:24 PM
I'm surprised so many people like GB.

I don't care if it is Monday Night, they are losing this game, period.

Honestly, I don't think it's close, but I didn't think the Tampa game would be close either. Of course that game was at Lambeau, and they had just lost last week in Lambeau.

I sort of like the under, but I'm sorta worried Steve Smith might have a big game and Carolina will go crazy and blow Green Bay out by enough to push the total over. Also, that NO team that squeaked by Car was pumped after that hurricane and was playing on pure emotion and heart, something very important in football.

zipo
10-03-2005, 07:29 PM
>>The line seems like a trap<<

This has the stench of a trap line, and I'm all over CAR -7, Under 43.5, and the CAR -7 Under 43.5 parlay.

My only caveat is that aside from a cardiac-inducing major kill last night on OAK -3, my NFL picks this year have truly, truly sucked.

gl

20Five
10-03-2005, 08:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Under it is... should be plenty of running, Aside from steve smith neither team has much of a big offense threat.

U43.5 small

MookieBlaylock
10-03-2005, 09:40 PM
Couldnt decide so I am trying to middle:

Car -1 Under 49 1/2
GB +13 Under 49 1/2

For all those with the under, lets hope they keep running the ball...

sublime
10-03-2005, 10:09 PM
there is no such thing as a trap

Voltron87
10-03-2005, 10:20 PM
jesus the packers are an embarassment.

DesignProdigy
10-03-2005, 10:25 PM
i got over 43.5, its lookin good so far

whipsaw
10-03-2005, 10:28 PM
Trust me, we appreciate your insights on what you claimed to have bet now that we're almost 1/2 of the way through the game. Please continue with the quality posts--your contribution is greatly needed.

10-03-2005, 10:34 PM
well I got Panthers 1st half -15 +1200 so /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

sublime
10-03-2005, 10:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

your location is invalid BTW

zipo
10-03-2005, 11:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell that to all the squares who jumped all over Favre on Monday Nite.

sublime
10-03-2005, 11:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so what was the trap?

what should the line have been?

craig r
10-03-2005, 11:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so what was the trap?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have asked several times for a definition of a trap on here and have yet to get one.

craig

CCx
10-03-2005, 11:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so what was the trap?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have asked several times for a definition of a trap on here and have yet to get one.

[/ QUOTE ]

a trap is when someone wins a bet and then tells everyone they know about how easy breezy it was to do so based on the line /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Voltron87
10-03-2005, 11:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

?

sublime
10-04-2005, 12:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

?

[/ QUOTE ]

nevermind, i thouhgt it was in ref to the division crown, which is a split this year IMO.

10-04-2005, 12:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good job squares, lmao.

whipsaw
10-04-2005, 12:25 AM
If it weren't for the refs, GB would've won this by a TD or more. Squares unite!

Voltron87
10-04-2005, 12:53 AM
yeah i meant it in specific reference to the 2nd to last game of the season which sealed our entrance to the playoffs. also, we won the season series. 1st place!

CCx
10-04-2005, 01:08 AM
gb and the over baby, this game was such a trap

sublime
10-04-2005, 01:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
yeah i meant it in specific reference to the 2nd to last game of the season which sealed our entrance to the playoffs. also, we won the season series. 1st place!

[/ QUOTE ]

blah