PDA

View Full Version : OESD on paired board, call 2 cold?

chopchoi
10-03-2005, 11:17 AM
I have J /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif in SB. 2 limpers.

Flop: 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif.
I check, BB bets, limper #1 calls, limper #2 raises.
If the board wasn't paired, I would call without hesitation. Does the paired board and the possibiity of a 3bet make this a fold?

Suppose I call, BB and limper #1 call as well.

The turn is 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, BB bets out again, the first limper calls, and the second limper raises again. Do I call here?

tighterr
10-03-2005, 11:28 AM
I fold the flop. This pot is not going to give you the correct odds for a draw. (i am not counting the over cards as outs due to the fact I am putting one of these guys on trips)

chopchoi
10-03-2005, 11:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I fold the flop. This pot is not going to give you the correct odds for a draw. (i am not counting the over cards as outs due to the fact I am putting one of these guys on trips)

[/ QUOTE ]

It's 2:1 against my making the draw. Right now the pot is laying me 4:1 (5:1 if BB and the limper call). How much do I need to discount my outs to account for the chance of a boat?

BTW, I think you are right that I should fold te flop, but I am trying to get a better understaning of the odds.

OnkelHotte
10-03-2005, 11:39 AM
this is an easy odds and outs calculation. 4SB von the flop..bet bet raise to u makes it 8 SB and 6:1 if the everyone calls who already put one bet on the flop. u need 6,5 outs for call. based on the paired board that reduces ur outs to I would say 6-6,5 and reduces ur implied odds as well this is a marginal call on the flop. but call or fold is very close here.

odds and outs are the same on the turn. ur getting 6:1 again for ur call. call or fold again very close.