PDA

View Full Version : 4 handed live 10-20 nl hand

mc1023
10-03-2005, 10:27 AM
don't post here much but here goes.

Game is pretty good and 4 handed, villian in this hand is pretty loose preflop and quite aggressive postflop, I saw him raise with a Jack high flush draw on a 983 board not too long ago and hit.

My image is pretty aggressive and fairly tight, I've only shown down KK for a set of kings so far.

Stack sizes
Hero - $1800
Villian - $2200

Hero has K /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif on the button.

Preflop
1 fold, Hero raises 80, sb folds, BB re-raises 320, Hero calls.

I'm putting him on a medium pair here or an ace rag.

Flop A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifT /images/graemlins/diamond.gif3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($647)
BB bets $500, Hero ...?

I'm about even money with my flush/gutshot vs AK AQ AJ AT and ahead of a lot of other pairs unless my flush draw is drawing dead.

But seeing how he didn't overbet the pot I'm guessing my diamond draw is good.

pologuy64
10-03-2005, 11:35 AM
I think you have to let it go. Your hand really doesnt have much going for it. Its highly likely you could be drawing dead on all your outs. The stack arent deep enought to fish and have to fold on the turn. questionable call on the reraise preflop, unless this is a standard reraise. I dont really like your hand here and feel you can pick better spots. No point of getting tricky when it is very likely your hand is gettin stomped on.

captZEEbo1
10-03-2005, 12:08 PM
fold preflop, flop you have some fold equity over pocket pairs without /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, but if he ends up having something like KK/images/graemlins/diamond.gif or QQ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, and calls an allin on flop (which is likely), you are effed.

Your logic is faulty too....if he had something like AK/images/graemlins/diamond.gif he has no reason to bet really big b/c he's either way ahead or a little behind, so he'll just be praying you make a move.

DonButtons
10-03-2005, 12:42 PM
I see why the game is so good /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Fold preflop, and if the stacks were deeper I see calling with hands like 87s 910s and pocket pairs, but KJo? That has to be a mistake.

Now on the flop, just fold because if he has QQd, your screwed and need a 2 outer with no redraw.

Jeffage
10-03-2005, 02:07 PM
Fold to the preflop reraise. You are likely very behind and if he has something like AK or AJ or a big pair, you are fried and might have trouble getting away from your hand. Best case is he has a smaller pair and you are in a coinflip scenario.

Jeff

mike l.
10-03-2005, 02:22 PM
"if he had something like AK he has no reason to bet really big b/c he's either way ahead or a little behind, so he'll just be praying you make a move."

the vast majority of opponents are not thinking on this deep a level.

FoxwoodsFiend
10-03-2005, 04:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

But seeing how he didn't overbet the pot I'm guessing my diamond draw is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Two things:
1) Incredibly easy fold preflop. That was a pretty big raise and even though you have position, the pot is big enough on the flop that you can't really maneuver at all and figure out if your K is good if you hit-you'll either have to fold or go all-in on any play he makes.
2) The fact that he didn't bet big is more likely to make me think he does have a high diamond. Think about it this way-would you feel more comfortable betting small and extracting chips if you were protected against a diamond draw or if you just had a set/two pair with no diamond?

flawless_victory
10-03-2005, 04:34 PM
hi mc..
i think you might be a fish...
sry.

mc1023
10-03-2005, 05:25 PM
ok couple reads going into the hand that I did not post but are really important which is why I made the call preflop with this hand.

When he re-raised me from BB i went into the tank for a sec just to figure if he's making a move or not.

mind you this is a very very late night game of LIVE 10-20 NL SH with loose players.

He made a comment while I was thinking which made me narrow his hand range down considerably which is why I made this call preflop.

Since he typically makes these comments with sub-par hands and I have enough history with him to know this.

I would say villian's hand range here is 44-99 and A6-AJ.

I just had a very good feeling about this read after the comment he made while the action was on me to make the call.

and after on the flop I was quite certain my diamond draw was good after his bet, since if he had a diamond draw as well I'm expecting more of a bet like 700-800 from him since he likes to play his draws really strong and if he did have a draw it would be a smaller one to my J.

mmm nobody push here with the range of hands I put villian on?

mc1023
10-03-2005, 05:26 PM
I'm not the brightest nl player I admit

but this 10-20 nl game i played in was wide open and very loose this particular night

CamelZoo
10-03-2005, 05:42 PM
where was game? (might help my analysis...)

10-03-2005, 05:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ok couple reads going into the hand that I did not post but are really important which is why I made the call preflop with this hand.

When he re-raised me from BB i went into the tank for a sec just to figure if he's making a move or not.

mind you this is a very very late night game of LIVE 10-20 NL SH with loose players.

He made a comment while I was thinking which made me narrow his hand range down considerably which is why I made this call preflop.

Since he typically makes these comments with sub-par hands and I have enough history with him to know this.

I would say villian's hand range here is 44-99 and A6-AJ.

I just had a very good feeling about this read after the comment he made while the action was on me to make the call.

and after on the flop I was quite certain my diamond draw was good after his bet, since if he had a diamond draw as well I'm expecting more of a bet like 700-800 from him since he likes to play his draws really strong and if he did have a draw it would be a smaller one to my J.

mmm nobody push here with the range of hands I put villian on?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold or push. Villain is protecting ace vs diamond draw.