PDA

View Full Version : House of Sand and Fog

ChipWrecked
10-03-2005, 07:07 AM
Watched this with the wife yesterday. Very powerful, thought-provoking movie. Jennifer Connolly at her vulnerable best.

It was so good I asked my wife if she remembered what took Best Picture that year.

She answered that it was that little hobbit fairy tale that I love so much. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

theben
10-03-2005, 07:08 AM
lol
connely is mad hot. i hope you saw her in requiem for a dream

diebitter
10-03-2005, 07:11 AM
I remember seeing her first in 'The Rocketeer'. She was gorgeous in that!

MonkeeMan
10-03-2005, 12:06 PM
too depressing

ChipWrecked
10-03-2005, 12:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
too depressing

[/ QUOTE ]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v382/aksooted/finalorca.gif

jakethebake
10-03-2005, 12:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Better in Career Opportunities.

imported_The Vibesman
10-03-2005, 12:29 PM
Insanely beautiful in Mulholland Falls, w/ Nick Nolte, which is also a very good movie.

MonkeeMan
10-03-2005, 12:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
too depressing

[/ QUOTE ]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v382/aksooted/finalorca.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, that cheers me up, thanx

phil_ivey_fan
10-03-2005, 12:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
lol
connely is mad hot. i hope you saw her in requiem for a dream

[/ QUOTE ]

ass to ass...

I didn't take it out for air...

Ulysses
10-03-2005, 02:32 PM
This movie was so-so.

pokerdirty
10-03-2005, 02:35 PM
this movie is a perfect example of why you should not tie a plastic bag over your head, and then seal it off around your neck.

Blarg
10-03-2005, 03:46 PM
Great movie, very emotionally hard to take. Kingsley was fantastic as always. The commentary was also very good.

I love stories where it's not just the guy with the white hat vs. the guy with the black hat and situations that practically solve themselves, but people are portrayed as morally fully dimensional, unsure what the right thing to do is or how much it matters, possessing incomplete knowledge, capable of right and wrong and being confused about each.

Life is complicated and ordinary people of reasonably good intentions can wind up doing terrible things or being out of their depth, or doing something that seems innocuous or not terribly wrong or selfish, that then spirals out of control.

This movie was very cool in that it showed how life can pit decent people against each other and make them both descend to their worst and rise to their best, and how complicated and hard it can be to understand other people instead of just turning them into enemies, to admit your own faults, and be a decent person yourself in the face of conflict. Pretty rare themes for a movie to tackle, especially in any depth, and I'm glad one did.

The commentary on this movie, with Kingsley and the director, is also excellent, btw.

samjjones
10-03-2005, 03:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Better in Career Opportunities.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is correct. She was >>>>>>>>> hotter 12-15 years ago.

theben
10-03-2005, 04:08 PM
LOL

that was the first movie i ever saw her in as well. but i dont remember it! (i am 100% sure i saw it when i was a kid)

theben
10-03-2005, 04:09 PM
and a beautiful mind as well as all her other films