PDA

View Full Version : A9, top pair, got turn check-raised

10-03-2005, 06:11 AM
Party Poker (10 handed)

BB has normal TAG numbers, but only in like 25 hands.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif
7 folds, hero raises, 2 folds, SB calls, BB raises, 2 calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB bets, hero raises, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (6.5 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, hero bets, BB raises, hero...

Easy fold, or is the pot big enough to call, and then fold the river unimproved? If I catch an A or a 9, I beat an overpair (except AA). A heart could bail me out also, if he doesn't have the flush (/-draw) himself.

Was just calling the flop and then raising the turn a better option?

Sorry if this is easy stuff; I'm going through a 150 BB downswing at the moment, so I don't think I can see things clearly right now.

thesharpie
10-03-2005, 06:15 AM
Flop is a must raise. I call down since I have TPTK, the 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif sometimes bails me out, and he could be semibluffing, especially with a pair something like 9T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.

Nick C
10-03-2005, 06:22 AM
In this somewhat big 3-way pot, I like raising the flop to try to push out whatever outs SB might have.

On the turn, your flush draw isn't the greatest in the world, but I wouldn't fold TPTK plus a flush draw in this now heads-up, semi-steal situation.

My plan would be to call again on the river unimproved, but if I'm unimproved, I won't be particularly optimistic.

vmacosta
10-03-2005, 06:23 AM
"especially with a pair something like 9T /images/graemlins/heart.gif."
Change that to TT /images/graemlins/heart.gif and it sounds more believable (he 3bet oop pf). I think its pretty damn close between calling down and folding so a read would be helpful.

thesharpie
10-03-2005, 06:27 AM
Ah I missed the preflop action, I thought he called PF and was donking into the preflop raiser. Now I know that he could be semibluffing with no pair since his flop bet is automatic.