PDA

View Full Version : Cryptologic Skin Made w/ Photoshop Not Working.

TomBrooks
10-03-2005, 04:22 AM
I would like to create (or aquire, if anyone wants to share) a simplified, uncluttered skin for Cryptologic Sites. i.e no chairs, tables, plants and a non-patterned carpet.

To that end, I brought the table image from Littlewoods into Photoshop, extracted the table from the background, saved that as a jpg and replaced the table in Littlewoods img subdirectory with my creation. It didn't work. When I open Littlewoods the original table and background are still there.

Does anyone know why this might not have worked or if there is a reason why it won't or can't work? It works on Party and Skins.

Thanks,
Tom

three1ne
10-03-2005, 05:28 AM
May be the new jpg has to be compiled. Thats a complete guess though.

TomBrooks
10-03-2005, 05:56 AM
What does it mean to compile it?

OrcaDK
10-03-2005, 07:10 AM
You don't compile jpegs. You did close the Crypto client when you replaces the table image right?

TomBrooks
10-03-2005, 09:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You did close the Crypto client when you replaces the table image right?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, it was running. Ahh, so. I'll try it again. Thanks for the suggestion.

krimson
10-03-2005, 10:10 AM
I believe you have to make your new table read only or crypto will redownload and replace the image (i guess it's recognizing it as something it needs to "upgrade"?)

TomBrooks
10-03-2005, 12:01 PM
Hi,
I got it loaded up and working for now. We'll see if it stays that way. I think it will until a regular upgrade comes out. How do you make a jpg file read only, anyway?

10-03-2005, 07:13 PM
right click it, properties.