PDA

View Full Version : Motivate Me Please

tonypaladino
10-03-2005, 04:21 AM
I have a philosphy test in 5 hours.

I am supposed to be studying, but I'm fucking around on 2+2 instead.

The class is easy, but I've been playing poker during every lecture, and unless I look over the book, I'll have no idea what's going on.

Say something awesomly inspirational to make me turn off the computer and study.

Don't dissapoint me OOT. You guys can do it.

diebitter
10-03-2005, 04:24 AM
Go study and pass all your exams, so you can qualify to drive the vans that used to be driven by the guys that failed all theirs.

Jdanz
10-03-2005, 04:25 AM
i have an ancient political philosophy test, but it's in 8 hours, so you're more [censored] then me, so you should study.

tonypaladino
10-03-2005, 04:27 AM
Aight. Good Enough. I'm gonna go down a Red Bull and get cracking.

diebitter
10-03-2005, 04:29 AM
What's the test on.

If it's Neitzche, the material should be self-motivating, just check the index and start on whereever 'will to power' is first mentioned.

tonypaladino
10-03-2005, 04:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What's the test on.

If it's Neitzche, the material should be self-motivating, just check the index and start on whereever 'will to power' is first mentioned.

[/ QUOTE ]

Logical arguments.
Its some retard intro-moral reasoning class.

lorinda
10-03-2005, 04:33 AM
I'd say that if you can't think of a good reason to study for a "logical arguments" test then you are in deep trouble.

Lori

daryn
10-03-2005, 04:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd say that if you can't think of a good reason to study for a "logical arguments" test then you are in deep trouble.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

mega-ba-zing

tonypaladino
10-03-2005, 04:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

I can think of logical arguments why I shouldn't study.

Everyone who studies will pass - true
Everyone who passes will have studied - false

You must study to pass - Invalid argument

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dibbs
10-03-2005, 04:37 AM
HAHAHA IM IN THE SAME BOAT.

Except I should be writing a paper and it's 4:30 am and Im dicking around on here. Funny how incredibly interesting this crap gets when I have something important I should be doing.

Uhhh, if I had something for you though, I wouldnt be here. Sorry man.

lorinda
10-03-2005, 04:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
and unless I look over the book, I'll have no idea what's going on.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The troubles get worse.

Lori

tonypaladino
10-03-2005, 04:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and unless I look over the book, I'll have no idea what's going on.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The troubles get worse.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

this time, I'm really done. I'm off to study

diebitter
10-03-2005, 04:42 AM
If it's about logic, you need to watch Star Trek - the original series - immediately.

Quote Spock in your paper, logic profs love that.

DasLeben
10-03-2005, 04:45 AM
I have a Bachelor's degree, and I work as a server at Applebee's. There are two other guys there with the same. How's that for motivation?

diebitter
10-03-2005, 04:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have a Bachelor's degree, and I work as a server at Applebee's. There are two other guys there with the same. How's that for motivation?

[/ QUOTE ]
What's it in?

peachy
10-03-2005, 04:47 AM
ur gonna fail???

DasLeben
10-03-2005, 04:48 AM
Aeronautical Science.

lorinda
10-03-2005, 04:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Aeronautical Science.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pie in the sky.

Lori

diebitter
10-03-2005, 04:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Aeronautical Science.

[/ QUOTE ]
That sucks. I was hoping it would be 'media studies' or 'art' or 'philosophy' or some BS like that. The world would make more sense then.

My thoughts are with you, brother scientist.

peachy
10-03-2005, 04:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah u cant do [censored] with my BS or BA either...but i knew that ggrrr yay grad school

ethan
10-03-2005, 04:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

I can think of logical arguments why I shouldn't study.

Everyone who passes will have studied - false

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

How about if we add "If you're a lazy bitch and don't study, you'll fail" to your axioms?

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

DasLeben
10-03-2005, 04:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Aeronautical Science.

[/ QUOTE ]
That sucks. I was hoping it would be 'media studies' or 'art' or 'philosophy' or some BS like that. The world would make more sense then.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it's fun. Bleh. I'm off to school again for a year in January though. Not all is lost. I just needed a way to survive for a few months. The depressing part of my summer right after graduation though was being declined for a $10/hr data processing job to pay the bills. They didn't even bother to interview me. Nobody cares if you have a degree or not apparently.

Oh, and one of the other servers at my restaurant has a Bachelor of Science degree in Applied Mathematics. Fun.

lorinda
10-03-2005, 04:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The depressing part of my summer right after graduation though was being declined for a $10/hr data processing job to pay the bills. They didn't even bother to interview me. Nobody cares if you have a degree or not apparently.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only real job I've ever had in my life was gained by leaving all my qualifications off the application form.

Lori

peachy
10-03-2005, 04:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Aeronautical Science.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it's fun. Bleh. I'm off to school again for a year in January though. Not all is lost. I just needed a way to survive for a few months. The depressing part of my summer right after graduation though was being declined for a $10/hr data processing job to pay the bills. They didn't even bother to interview me. Nobody cares if you have a degree or not apparently.

Oh, and one of the other servers at my restaurant has a Bachelor of Science degree in Applied Mathematics. Fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

where are u from? we hire Aeronautical engineers!! ROAR! guess ur not an engineer though huh

DasLeben
10-03-2005, 05:02 AM
Nope. Just a flyboy.

peachy
10-03-2005, 05:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Nope. Just a flyboy.

[/ QUOTE ]

wanna be mah personal pilot?? i tried to get my license but i got through the hours and hours of classes and test then it came to the fly time and it was a no go /images/graemlins/frown.gif ill finish one day! til then i need a pilot/bitch

DasLeben
10-03-2005, 05:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nope. Just a flyboy.

[/ QUOTE ]

wanna be mah personal pilot?? i tried to get my license but i got through the hours and hours of classes and test then it came to the fly time and it was a no go /images/graemlins/frown.gif ill finish one day! til then i need a pilot/bitch

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a flight instructor. I'll teach ya to fly instead of being your bitch. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

peachy
10-03-2005, 05:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nope. Just a flyboy.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a flight instructor. I'll teach ya to fly instead of being your bitch. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

i cant /images/graemlins/frown.gif health reasons...which is why i didnt get my flight hours in...u guys make alot of money though - charing out the bum hole!! it wasnt too bad for me though cause i didnt have to pay for use of a plane but still jeez louise

JaBlue
10-03-2005, 05:16 AM
drop the class and enroll in nosepicking 101

DasLeben
10-03-2005, 05:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i cant /images/graemlins/frown.gif health reasons...which is why i didnt get my flight hours in...u guys make alot of money though - charing out the bum hole!! it wasnt too bad for me though cause i didnt have to pay for use of a plane but still jeez louise

[/ QUOTE ]

Flight schools make a lot of money. Flight instructors do not. The average yearly income of a full time flight instructor is sub-$20,000/year. Many are making $14k-16k/year. Seriously, this is one of the things that turned me off from flying for a living.

tonypaladino
10-03-2005, 12:04 PM
So, Right after I said I was finally gonna go study, I fell asleep, then woke up, missed my train, was late for the test, and bullshitted through 10 short answer questions.

This semesters off to a good start.

Warik
10-03-2005, 12:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like you really DO need to study, because this premise is flawed. It's possible to study and not pass.

Hit the books!

btw, I never studied for philosophy and I got an A. muhahaha

ChipWrecked
10-03-2005, 12:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So, Right after I said I was finally gonna go study, I fell asleep, then woke up, missed my train, was late for the test, and bullshitted through 10 short answer questions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me talk to Knish, I think I can get you the truck.

illusionS
10-03-2005, 12:50 PM
This semester I've got a lot of the same type of classes that you mentioned in the OP (one of them is an intro philosophy class). They're too easy to sit and pay attention to, but just hard and unfamiliar enough that if you don't atleast put some effort into it, you'lll come out with C's. Possibly even worse. What a pain.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I started the semester off in similar fashion. Gotta start hittin dem books.

peachy
10-03-2005, 04:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Flight schools make a lot of money. Flight instructors do not. The average yearly income of a full time flight instructor is sub-$20,000/year. Many are making $14k-16k/year. Seriously, this is one of the things that turned me off from flying for a living.

[/ QUOTE ]

well the ones i know that make good money at it own thier own plane etc...maybe that has something to do with it

tonypaladino
10-03-2005, 04:44 PM
Meh, a C is just fine. This is my last semester, and I'm aiming for C-'s or better, so I can just graduate and get the [censored] on with my life.