PDA

View Full Version : Hookah Bars

tonypaladino
10-03-2005, 04:05 AM
Anyone go to these?

I was at Sahara East last night, and it was pretty cool.

DasLeben
10-03-2005, 04:07 AM
I prefer to get my hookahs off the street.

Zing!

PoBoy321
10-03-2005, 04:09 AM
I go to a place called Prince Cafe here in DC every now and then. Good indian food, the hookah's are good, reasonably priced. i like it.

Jdanz
10-03-2005, 04:20 AM
yeah sahara east is a cool place, i went there more before my roomate bought like 27 hookahs

/i'm not really very racist i don't think
he's bengali as are a lot of his friends (or the south asain area) and it's a huge part of that sub-culture for some reason, especially at NYU
/i swear i was just adding that as an interesting anecdote

there's also one on McDougal right above bleeker that'd i'll go to after going to comedy cellar which makes for an all around good night. BTW you go to one of the schools around here?

tonypaladino
10-03-2005, 04:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
BTW you go to one of the schools around here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a native NYer (rare breed hanging out in the east village) But I do go to school at Baruch, up on 23rd Street.

The thing about your roommate is not racist. Hookahs are very much a part of South-Asian/Middle Eastern culture.

ethan
10-03-2005, 04:26 AM
Fumari (http://fumari.com/) in San Diego is still my favorite six years after my first trip there, although I'm only a couple miles from the two in Westwood. I don't go to these all that often, in part because I bought my own hookah about 5 years ago and I do enough smoking at home. (Not much...I figure probably once or twice a month at most.)

Fumari's tobacco is the best I've found mail-order or otherwise, fwiw.

Jdanz
10-03-2005, 04:27 AM
yeah i know, but there has been a lot of race conscious stuff on here recently, and to tell you the truth, in my opinion there's a lot to it.

Lot of people being described as black for no reason other then with obvious negative racial overtones, even though it was pretty uninentional/without malice/tangental. I think that's not really a good thing, but i'm not blowing up over it. All in all, playin' it safe.