PDA

View Full Version : AA One off the button

Schmed
05-19-2003, 08:31 AM
Black A's two off of the button.

2 callers to me, I raise, folds to the BB who calls, both callers call. 4 to the flop

Flop

Q /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 6 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/club.gif

check, bet, I raise, BB calls, checker folds, bettor calls

Turn

J /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif

checked to me, I bet, BB calls, EP check raises, I call, bb calls.

river

9 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

EP bets, I call, BB calls

EP shows down JQ, BB shows a pair of q's.

Thoughts, pretty straight forward until the turn. When the J came I thougt, 'hmmmmm one of these guys may have called my preflop with JQ'. I almost didn't bet it but I thought that may have been a bigger mistake than my call. When I was check raised I thought about folding because I was pretty sure I was beaten. I did have a 4 outs but with 3 seeing my raise I was thinking that the A's are probably gone. I called his river bet based on showing him down theory. I didn't want this guy taking shots at me later. (It was pretty early in the session).

How many would have laid it down there? This is seemingly how my day at the tables have been going lately. I have a real hard time trusting my reads on opponents and laying down big hands.

CrackerZack
05-19-2003, 09:39 AM
Folding would've been a mistake on the turn, you have a lot of outs. two As, three 6s, three 3s. The possibility of the flush dirties a few of them but the action of the hand doesn't look like anyone has a flush draw. With your 8 outs you're a bit better than 5-1 to hit on the river with the pot you're getting 11-1 to call the C/R probably 12 if you think the BB will call too. This is certainly big enough to make up for the times he has a set and you are drawing to 2 outs. On the river I'd probably call too just to be sure but if you REALLY trust your read, you can fold there.

Nottom
05-19-2003, 10:10 AM
You have 8 outs to improve if you think he has QJ (2-As, 3-6s, and 3-3s) less so if someone has diamonds, but you have no particular reason to fear the runner-runner here. I would probably go ahead and re-raise, with 2-pair he won't re-raise if he has a set he probably will and you can lay it down. If he just calls you should get a free showdown, unless you improve in which case you can get an extra bet on the river. Just my thoughts.