PDA

View Full Version : Absolute calculations

CarlNiclas
10-03-2005, 03:31 AM
I was wondering if anyone has any idea how Absolute calculates rakeback?

uncleshady
10-03-2005, 05:36 AM
I dont have an answer, but I like their math so far.

timprov
10-03-2005, 02:30 PM
I do. But I'm not going to post about it right now. Suffice to say that I'm in contact with their team in order to get it fixed. When we end up with a resolution, I may post something.

CarlNiclas
10-03-2005, 03:48 PM
Ok, that would be very helpful, thanks!

uncleshady
10-03-2005, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I do. But I'm not going to post about it right now. Suffice to say that I'm in contact with their team in order to get it fixed. When we end up with a resolution, I may post something

[/ QUOTE ]

Dang. Their math was too high (benefits player) I thought. Why "fix" it?

timprov
10-03-2005, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I do. But I'm not going to post about it right now. Suffice to say that I'm in contact with their team in order to get it fixed. When we end up with a resolution, I may post something

[/ QUOTE ]

Dang. Their math was too high (benefits player) I thought. Why "fix" it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not by a long shot. I've been consistently 20% short, and others have reported as much as 50%. Math for a while benefited some players at 1/2 and below, but they fixed that on their own a couple months ago.

uncleshady
10-03-2005, 04:33 PM
Really? I used pokergrapher to calculate the rake and their numbers were higher than mine. Either Im in the minority or Im wrong. Good luck to you then. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

timprov
10-03-2005, 04:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Really? I used pokergrapher to calculate the rake and their numbers were higher than mine. Either Im in the minority or Im wrong. Good luck to you then. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You know ABS doesn't subtract bonus from MGR?

uncleshady
10-03-2005, 05:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

You know ABS doesn't subtract bonus from MGR?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know that. My rake generated was always lower in pokergrapher than on my affiliates tracker, thereby making me believe that Absolute was giving me more than my due. I was not interested in changing thet!

stu-unger
10-03-2005, 06:03 PM
absolute doesnt subtract bonus from MGR, or they didnt. is that going to be changing?

timprov
10-03-2005, 06:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
absolute doesnt subtract bonus from MGR, or they didnt. is that going to be changing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that I know.

Sniper
10-04-2005, 10:55 AM
Tim, the problems that people were having with Absolute's rakeback calculations should have been resolved a couple of months ago.

Are you saying you think there's still a problem?

CarlNiclas
10-05-2005, 03:28 AM
There might be - I am not seeing any true correlation between my Pokertracker numbers (either the rake I've paid or the rake the whole tables have paid). If I just knew how they (Absolute) calculated it I could confront my affiliate and ask a few questions.

Sniper
10-05-2005, 05:20 AM
Carl,

There are 2 methods to calculate your rake using pokertracker...

The Estimate method... Go to preferences and set session dates to filter for the month, then go to the game notes tab and get all, take the total rake and divide by the APH (average players per hand) total... the result is a reasonably good approximation of your MGR... subtract any bonuses you received from the site, if the site subtracts bonuses from MGR (most cryptos and absolute don't for example).

The Actual method... go to the pokertracker forum and download the SQL code that will calculate your actual MGR.

Note these methods work for sites that calculate rake based on your simply being dealt into a hand (and the rake being evenly split between all players dealt), not based on % contributed to the pot.

CarlNiclas
10-05-2005, 07:17 AM
Thanks, though I knew that (not about the SQL code, but let me just be frank and say that's a little over my head - the approximation is good enough for me). However, I don't seem to get the same MGR at all when it comes to Absolute - it's not even half of what PT says it should be.

For instance, for September, all hands (filtered for Absolute) on the game notes tab shows $6280.00 in total rake. APH is 4.98 (I mainly play max6-tables). This should yield an MGR of *roughly* $1200 or so, but according to my affiliate I "only" got an MGR of $469 for Absolute in September.

So, before I go accusing my affiliate of scamming me (which is why I haven't mentioned them yet), I want to be *sure* that I understand how Absolute calculates the rake back.

10-05-2005, 08:59 AM
I'm new so bear with me. I too think Absolute is making an error on my rake back calculation. I recently signed up w/ an affliate. They have an online rake checker. It seems low. I have contacted my affliate and they have informed me they display what is submitted to them by the Poker room. How can you verify if their calculations are correct? I have Poker Tracker, but I just got it. How do I use it to check the rake calculations? If if different websites have different methods of rake calculation- how do you account for that? Thanks- from a Noob.

CarlNiclas
10-05-2005, 11:01 AM
Welcome, and check out Snipers post above about PT!

michfan
10-05-2005, 11:28 AM
Absolute had been giving a flat .09 or .095 MGR per hand for regardless of what level you played at. This was good for low limit players and bad for high limit players. Supposedly they were changing to actual rake and so far in Ocotber my rackeback calc has reflected this change

CarlNiclas
10-05-2005, 11:46 AM
I heard about that as well, but heard that the change was going to be from September. Nevertheless, the MGR for October for me don't really reflect my own numbers yet either, so I still feel like I am in the dark.

Sniper
10-06-2005, 01:53 PM
Carl,

It could also be a timing issue of when Abs reports to your affiliate and when your affilate updates the info they provide to you.

If when you get paid your rakeback for the month (presumably mid month), it is still off by as much as you calculated, then you should certainly review the information with your affiliate and ask them to review the numbers with absolute.