PDA

View Full Version : Is any part of the UK sunny at all today?

lorinda
10-03-2005, 03:30 AM
Great day for an eclipse /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Lori

Vavavoom
10-03-2005, 03:34 AM
I hate Winter....

I get up at 6am and get to work at 7....Its dark outside pretty much and I finish at 5.45/6pm and its dark still....I hate flying by darkness...

I feel like I'm an extra in Pitch Black.

Rick Nebiolo
10-03-2005, 03:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I hate Winter....

I get up at 6am and get to work at 7....Its dark outside pretty much and I finish at 5.45/6pm and its dark still....I hate flying by darkness...

I feel like I'm an extra in Pitch Black.

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess is people in the United States and Canada don't really understand just how far north England is. Just about all of Newfoundland is south of London. If it wasn't for the Gulf Stream, you guys would be covered by an icecap.

Also note Boston is south of the French Mediterranean Coast!

~ Rick

diebitter
10-03-2005, 04:12 AM
It's cloudy here in Burton, so I guess we won't see the eclipse.

lorinda
10-03-2005, 04:40 AM
It's getting darker, but I'm not sure if that's because we are losing 60% of the sun, or because it always get darker when the Cov factories open for the day.

Lori

diebitter
10-03-2005, 04:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's getting darker, but I'm not sure if that's because we are losing 60% of the sun, or because it always get darker when the Cov factories open for the day.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

What does it tell you about England, when there's a 60% sun loss and we can't tell /images/graemlins/frown.gif

lorinda
10-03-2005, 04:47 AM
I hate these events. I always get this feeling of "It's something I'll only see 10-20 times in my life, I should make an effort." It's always cloudy, and I always waste 2-3 hours hoping for a small chink in the clouds so that I can at least be happy that I didn't waste the opportunity.

I'm usually relieved rather than sad when these spectacular events are over.

Lori

daveymck
10-03-2005, 04:58 AM
No sun in Oxford, I think its typical of nature to arrange these things for the autumn instead of the height of summer where there is at least a chance of seeing them, there was people on the radio all ready with their bits of card and havent got a hope in hell of seeing anything.

lorinda
10-03-2005, 05:00 AM
I can't even find a webcam for this one so I can laugh at people who actually set up a webcam to broadcast clouds for three hours.

/images/graemlins/blush.gif

The kids with bits of card must be devastated, they'll probably make good paper airplanes though.

Lori