PDA

View Full Version : PLO8, top two pair, big pot

emptyshell
10-03-2005, 02:47 AM
BB has vpip 33, pfr 6. As far as what I've seen, he could be a decent player, +3k over 2k hands. CO is a very loose, not-so-aggressive player: vpip 51, pfr 3, tough to fold out postflop.

$400 PL Omaha Hi/Lo
CO ( $701.47 ), Hero ( $393.95 ), SB ( $348.90 ),
UTG ( $194.20 ), MP1 ( $342.40 ),
UTG+1 ( $481.20 ), BB ( $392 ), OUT ( $400 )

Hero is BUT with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif
++--++

SB posts $2.
BB posts $4.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls $4, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $4,
Hero calls $4, SB raises $22, BB calls $20,
UTG+1 calls $20, CO calls $20, Hero calls $20

<font color="blue">Flop</font>: (117.00) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif
SB checks.
BB bets $60.
UTG+1 folds.
CO calls $60.
Hero ???

Baseballer02
10-03-2005, 03:14 AM
I don't think BB is making a big bet out of position without a big hand. Unless you believe BB would put everyone on low hands and is trying to buy the pot, I believe it's a fold.

Kuso
10-03-2005, 05:11 AM
I would fold.

The raise from the BB is ominous. The call from the CO doesn't add much information -- and the SB still has to act. This just looks like a trap hand to me.

My guess is that you need low cards to hit for your 2pr to hold up -- and just half the pot that goes with it. Otherwise, you're drawing to a J or Q to take the high. T, K, or A (maybe even 8 or 9) and I'm guessing you're beat. Of course, if BB has a J or Q set, then you're just drawing to one out or drawing dead. (ugh)

If I were to play this hand, I would probably pot reraise in order to get HU with BB.

lautzutao
10-03-2005, 10:06 AM
What the heck are you doing calling this preflop raise with this janky hand?

Fold this. If you're not behind already you more than likely will be if another high card hits.

Wintermute
10-03-2005, 12:21 PM
What a weird bet... I get the feeling that he has a wrap with maybe a small piece of the board, like top pair of J's. Seems like a bet that's trying to pick up the pot there or get to see the turn relatively cheap, but wouldn't mind getting everything in against an overplayed AA or something. A set would probably either check-raise or lead out for the full pot.

Since the guy between you and the bettor seems to be fairly loose, I wouldn't give him credit for much of a hand here--as little as OESD might call in this spot.

Given all this, I'd raise the pot. You're holding some of the cards a wrap would like to see, and although a T will likely give someone broadway, there's a chance you'll chop with another 9-K str. The only trouble is when you're up against QJ with KT sidecards, or a set. Doesn't seem terribly likely given the betting progression.

Jorge10
10-03-2005, 12:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because you cant just play all low cards, besides its looking like a big pot usually when theres a big raise and a few calls, the majority of the time you will see a K/9/9 or 9/10/3 flop because odds are most of the low cards are gone. Thats basically why he is calling.

Anyway his bet is unusual, your hand is too weak to just call, its either a raise or fold at this point. Given the info, I would probably have to be there, weird bet. Anyway ill take a stab at it, itd go for a raise. It sure seems like the guy has the same hand as you, maybe you can get him to fold, but thats just what it seems to me.

Wintermute
10-03-2005, 12:38 PM
Jorge, it's a raise not a reraise. When you're posting hands, it can get confusing when you mix up the terminology. It goes bet. raise. THEN reraise.

Jorge10
10-03-2005, 12:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Jorge, it's a raise not a reraise. When you're posting hands, it can get confusing when you mix up the terminology. It goes bet. raise. THEN reraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoops, anyway just woke up grammar not up to my usual standards.

Wintermute
10-03-2005, 12:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The raise from the BB is ominous.

[/ QUOTE ]
When did the BB ever raise in this hand.

Wintermute
10-03-2005, 12:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would fold. ...

If I were to play this hand, I would probably pot reraise in order to get HU with BB.

[/ QUOTE ]
Make up your mind. Also, how the hell are you going to reraise, there was never a raise.

lautzutao
10-03-2005, 01:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would fold. ...

[/ QUOTE ]
Make up your mind. Also, how the hell are you going to reraise, there was never a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't a bet above the min a raise? I don't really give two !@$#s but you seem to be a rude @$$hole so I'll argue with ya.

10-03-2005, 01:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Isn't a bet above the min a raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Wintermute
10-03-2005, 01:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would fold. ...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't a bet above the min a raise?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, it's not. That action is called a "bet".

Also... relax. I'm genuinely interested whether you recommend folding or raising. It's reasonable to ask which it is, given that you advocate both within the same post.

emptyshell
10-03-2005, 02:04 PM
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kuso
10-03-2005, 05:58 PM
Regarding terminology... apologies, i was cross-eyed drunk when i wrote the post. /images/graemlins/confused.gif regardless, i think you can figure out what i meant.

Regarding "making up my mind", note that the comment was a conditional. I wouldn't choose to play this hand, but if, for some reason, I decided to do so, I would raise. This conditional was offered on the idea that some people play with different levels of aggression and/or tolerance for variance than I do.

give the drunk dude a break, WM. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

DyessMan89
10-04-2005, 02:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because you cant just play all low cards, besides its looking like a big pot usually when theres a big raise and a few calls, the majority of the time you will see a K/9/9 or 9/10/3 flop because odds are most of the low cards are gone. Thats basically why he is calling.

[/ QUOTE ]

According to that theory, you should always be playing middle cards in multiway pots, since most of the high and low cards are gone.

Wintermute
10-04-2005, 03:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

According to that theory, you should always be playing middle cards in multiway pots, since most of the high and low cards are gone.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sigh.

emptyshell
10-04-2005, 04:33 PM
Actually, if everybody enters the pot, almost all of the cards are gone, so you can play anything.

Jorge10
10-04-2005, 04:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You didnt get what I said at all, ill just leave it at that.

TheWorstPlayer
10-05-2005, 01:07 AM
I think it's too loose preflop. Make the 9 a T or an A and I play it. Make it double suited and I would be closer to playing it. But this hand, I fold to the raise despite the position. Make stacks doubled and I play it. Just too much to invest preflop for a pretty bad hand with not-deep stacks. Postflop, it's as good as you're gonna get, I guess. Push it all in and hope he has A2KK or something.

emptyshell
10-05-2005, 04:19 AM
I figured there were only (exactly) two two-card combinations that REALLY scared me, QQ and JJ. It seemed more likely he was betting a straight draw or the same two pair. If he was betting bottom set, a raise would be hard to call; and, even if he did, I would have 8 outs. Oh well....

$400 PL Omaha Hi/Lo
CO ( $701.47 ), Hero ( $393.95 ), SB ( $348.90 ),
UTG ( $194.20 ), MP1 ( $342.40 ),
UTG+1 ( $481.20 ), BB ( $392 ), OUT ( $400 )

Hero is BUT with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif
++--++

SB posts $2.
BB posts $4.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls $4, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $4,
Hero calls $4, SB raises $22, BB calls $20,
UTG+1 calls $20, CO calls $20, Hero calls $20

<font color="blue">Flop</font>: (117.00) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif
SB checks.
BB bets $60.
UTG+1 folds.
CO calls $60.
Hero raises $357.
SB folds.
BB is all-In $308
CO folds.
Hero calls $11.

<font color="blue">Turn</font>: (913.00) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

<font color="blue">River</font>: (913.00) T/images/graemlins/club.gif

Hero shows 9c, Js, Qd, Kc a full house, Jacks full of queens.
BB shows 5s, Qh, 5d, Qc a full house, Queens full of jacks.

BB wins $913 from the main pot with a full house, Queens full of jacks.
There was no qualifying low hand.