PDA

View Full Version : pl400 i have this board completely covered

fisherman112
10-03-2005, 02:25 AM
6max,
all participants have roughly 400, first orbit at the table
hero in the bb w/
T /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

utg limps, sb limps, i pot raise, both call

T /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

what am i doing here on the flop?

i bet 3/4 pot, both call

turn is an offsuit 5

now what?

i dont play omaha very much, so feel free to tear me apart

blumpkin22
10-03-2005, 02:40 AM
Preflop raise is spewing.

10-03-2005, 02:42 AM
I dont really like pfr but whatever. Your hand looks better than it seems. Your actually blocking your own outs to fill up, giving you only about 5 outs if someone made their straight. However, you probably are still good here. Flop play is fine i think. Depending on what reads you have on your oppenents depend on the turn action. If they are both generally agressive then i think its safe to assume your still good and you should 1/2 pot or even pot to see where you at. If they reraise, fold. If they just call, hope no spade comes on river.

fisherman112
10-03-2005, 02:52 AM
why is this spewing? it seems to me that people play overly tight postflop in some of these shorthanded games and i feel like a large part of my profit is from preflop raising light, continuation betting the flop and getting no callers. obvioulsy you do occassionally, but then you can slow down. and as another bonus you get a lot more action on your actual hands.

blumpkin22
10-03-2005, 02:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Your hand looks better than it seems.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

DarthIgnurnt
10-03-2005, 05:03 PM
First ... what exactly do you mean that you have this board completely covered?

You're holding the 3rd nut hand on the flop. You're blocking your own full house draws, and you're not blocking any of the multitude of draws you are likely facing ... let alone the made straights that are already on the board.

What hands do you think are calling you here? Two flush draws? Set of 7s?

I don't like the preflop raise from the BB. You likely won't thin the field much (and here, you didn't), and why build a big pot with a mediocre hand like this? Even with the tight post-flop play you suggest (which by the way surprises me), this is not a winning long term play. This flop hit you almost directly in the face but you may still be behind.

fisherman112
10-04-2005, 07:20 PM
i meant i had all my outs covered.

dogsballs
10-06-2005, 03:47 PM
your title's misleading. You don't cover the board, you're blocking your own outs.

A raise PF in posn would be fine play, but not OOP.

Tough spot on the turn, now you have 2 callers and are OOP. Offsuit 5 didnt change anything if you were already ahead, so fire again. Damn the torpedoes!

RickyG
10-17-2005, 12:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]

why is this spewing? it seems to me that people play overly tight postflop in some of these shorthanded games and i feel like a large part of my profit is from preflop raising light, continuation betting the flop and getting no callers. obvioulsy you do occassionally, but then you can slow down. and as another bonus you get a lot more action on your actual hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bravo. if you are playing 6max PLO by the same standards as full ring please let me know at what time you sign in.