PDA

View Full Version : The best flash movie I've ever seen

PoBoy321
10-03-2005, 01:44 AM
The Triple Triple or God Speaks to Me Through Scrabble (http://www.vidlit.com/craziest/craziest.html)

It's a little long (about 8 minutes) but definitely worth it and I think that people on this board in particular will be able to appreciate it.

CaptSensible
10-03-2005, 02:42 AM
thanks for the link. that was awesome!

d10
10-03-2005, 02:47 AM
I would have laid those tiles down anyways, forget the guy who's dying, 311 points is crazy.

WackityWhiz
10-03-2005, 02:51 AM
that was really really well done. Thanks for the link

w_alloy
10-03-2005, 02:54 AM
That was great. I wonder how much of it is autobiographical (not that it changes its brilliance)?

chuddo
10-03-2005, 02:58 AM
when this began i thought it was going to be pretty sweet, but it devolved into annoying tripe. not very good, and that liz girl is probably a cow.

daryn
10-03-2005, 03:00 AM
hated it!

http://www.umasspoker.com/mof.JPG

-Skeme-
Did not like it much. Was hoping for a much better ending.

PoBoy321
[ QUOTE ]

when this began i thought it was going to be pretty sweet, but it devolved into annoying tripe. not very good, and that liz girl is probably a cow.

[/ QUOTE ]

You thought so? I thought that it was easily the best produced flash video I've ever seen, considering the quality that is often out there, and is one of very few I've ever seen with a cogent plot.

-Skeme-
10-03-2005, 03:01 AM
It's no banana phone, that's for sure.

PoBoy321
10-03-2005, 03:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Did not like it much. Was hoping for a much better ending.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll agree with you here. I felt that it was kind of a copout ending, although I usually have more respect for a deus ex machina than others.

Apathy
10-03-2005, 03:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would have laid those tiles down anyways, forget the guy who's dying, 311 points is crazy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe she had a tell.

chuddo
10-03-2005, 03:08 AM
definitely well produced. but it is no hypothermia (http://www.threebrain.com/songs/hypo.html)*

*this is terrible

daryn
10-03-2005, 03:10 AM
or i love death (http://koti.mbnet.fi/reagan/lodger/ilovedeath.swf)

CardSharpCook
10-03-2005, 03:12 AM
that was pretty sweet.

daryn
10-03-2005, 03:16 AM
by the way hypothermia sucked too!

-Skeme-
10-03-2005, 03:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this one was awesome.

Claunchy
10-03-2005, 03:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Okay, this ruled. What is the song?

daryn
10-03-2005, 03:20 AM
i believe the song is called "i love death" by a band named lodger.

chuddo
10-03-2005, 03:21 AM
i was kidding because of the shitty production.

but yeah the link you posted was entertaining.

daryn
10-03-2005, 03:23 AM
you live in lexington? good tennis team

PoBoy321
10-03-2005, 03:23 AM
I only watched it for about 15 seconds before I closed the window, but I still want my 15 seconds back.

PoBoy321
10-03-2005, 03:24 AM
I remember when Daryn first posted this video, and the first 8 responsese or so were all "What song is that?"

Claunchy
10-03-2005, 03:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I remember when Daryn first posted this video, and the first 8 responsese or so were all "What song is that?"

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I'm now fully aware of how bad my observation skills suck. Oh well, at least maybe I'm not alone.

NLSoldier
10-03-2005, 03:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, you missed it didnt you?

-Skeme-
10-03-2005, 03:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, you're talking to the one and the only, Lexington Brian.

Ulysses
10-03-2005, 03:53 AM
I guess you haven't seen many flash movies.

2+2 wannabe
10-03-2005, 03:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

daryn
10-03-2005, 04:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

does he live in lexington?

TheCroShow
10-03-2005, 04:35 AM
thanks for wasting my time, you guys are cut for life. i'll bet this would be a big hit at the local trendy (but not a chain!) coffee shop. all the emo kids would be like "wow man, that's deep...like....deeeeeep."

scotty34
10-03-2005, 04:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Close to 900 replies of pure gold (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=3358112&page=&view=&s b=5&o=)

Take a day off work and go through this monster, it will be worth it.

daryn
10-03-2005, 04:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Close to 900 replies of pure gold (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=3358112&page=&view=&s b=5&o=)

[/ QUOTE ]

i have read it, how does it change my posts in any way?

oh and.. work.. "LOL"

daryn
10-03-2005, 04:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
thanks for wasting my time, you guys are cut for life. i'll bet this would be a big hit at the local trendy (but not a chain!) coffee shop. all the emo kids would be like "wow man, that's deep...like....deeeeeep."

[/ QUOTE ]

hey man, i gave the legit review on the scrabble one. as for mine, it's cool.

DasLeben
10-03-2005, 04:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i'll bet this would be a big hit at the local trendy (but not a chain!) coffee shop. all the emo kids would be like "wow man, that's deep...like....deeeeeep."

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, you said it, not anyone else. Personally, I think it's just plain entertaining.

PoBoy321
10-03-2005, 04:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because it's where "Lexington Brian" came from. You would supposedly know about the origins of that if you had read through the thread.

daryn
10-03-2005, 04:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because it's where "Lexington Brian" came from. You would supposedly know about the origins of that if you had read through the thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

but he's from lexington right? i never asked where "lexington brian" (the name) came from.

also, when i said, "you live in lexington?" it was more of a rhetorical question to set up my next statement about the tennis team

PoBoy321
10-03-2005, 04:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]

but he's from lexington right? i never asked where "lexington brian" (the name) came from.

[/ QUOTE ]

IIRC, that issue was addressed in the thread.

[ QUOTE ]

also, when i said, "you live in lexington?" it was more of a rhetorical question to set up my next statement about the tennis team

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough.

daryn
10-03-2005, 04:49 AM
too bad instead of actually reading my real question and interpreting it everyone just decided to jump on me with

LOLZ ROFL WTF! OMG!

chuddo
10-03-2005, 04:49 AM
yeah, im from lexington ky.

that said, i cannot sleep. any oot'rs want to play headsup plo8 sng's on stars? my record is like 27-10 this week. im bored.

daryn
10-03-2005, 04:50 AM
YES LET'S PLAY
i am foxyplayer

btw.. [censored], i thought you were from massachusetts.. nevermind now the whole issue is moot!

let's play plo8 what stakes?

chuddo
10-03-2005, 04:51 AM
badass. just register for a 5-banger. i play them non-stop when reading.

PoBoy321
10-03-2005, 04:57 AM
I did read your real question, and the first time you asked if he was from Lexington could very well have been a rhetorical question. The second time, could not.

chuddo
10-03-2005, 04:59 AM
for the record:
8 hands for victory

daryn
10-03-2005, 05:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I did read your real question, and the first time you asked if he was from Lexington could very well have been a rhetorical question. The second time, could not.

[/ QUOTE ]

of course the 2nd time was as well. read it again. i am responding to a guy that is "LOL"ing at my question. so i ask him, "well, does he?" knowing that he does and he will be forced to say "yes" and feel stupid

scotty34
10-03-2005, 05:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

oh and.. work.. "LOL"

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't seen you in OOT much at all lately, and from the way you worded your post, it seemed like you could have missed it. From our point of view, the question about being from Lexington would be quite humorous given that we thought you knew nothing about it.

I am aware of what you do for a living also, but I would still think it would be considered work.

daryn
10-03-2005, 05:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

oh and.. work.. "LOL"

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't seen you in OOT much at all lately, and from the way you worded your post, it seemed like you could have missed it. From our point of view, the question about being from Lexington would be quite humorous given that we thought you knew nothing about it.

I am aware of what you do for a living also, but I would still think it would be considered work.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, it DOES suck

JaBlue
10-03-2005, 05:13 AM
holy [censored] that is horrible

Daryn's movie was a bajillion times better

chuddo
10-03-2005, 05:16 AM
for the sake of completion:
2nd match daryn thoroughly worked me with 2 outer after 2 outer. too tough for me.

series: 1-1

daryn
10-03-2005, 05:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
for the sake of completion:
2nd match daryn thoroughly worked me with 2 outer after 2 outer. too tough for me.

series: 1-1

[/ QUOTE ]

i feel this is misleading, you are misrepresenting my # of outs sir!

PoBoy321
10-03-2005, 05:18 AM
While I definitely like Daryn's movie, I just don't see it as being all that much different from a lot of other stuff I've seen.

JaBlue
10-03-2005, 05:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
While I definitely like Daryn's movie, I just don't see it as being all that much different from a lot of other stuff I've seen.

[/ QUOTE ]

So the premise of this scrabble movie doesn't remind you of Pi, except with letters and words instead of numbers and geometry?

daryn
10-03-2005, 05:21 AM
i just think it's cool because the song is wicked catchy, and it loops around full circle at the end. and it's just a cool little story. it does what it does without doing too much.

the one about scrabble... i dunno. .it just seems like a conceited bitch trying to hype up her achievement of mastering the game of scrabble. congratulations, bitch! i sure as hell couldn't do it, but i think there are a lot more incredible accomplishments than that, and you don't see those people thinking they are the second coming of joan of arc.

plus the ending gives you blue balls

PoBoy321
10-03-2005, 05:21 AM
I haven't seen pi, so I couldn't tell you.

EDIT: If it were just a ripoff of pi, I'd still think it's at the very least different from anything else I've seen in flash.

peachy
10-03-2005, 05:22 AM
uummmm i want the 8 mins and 6 seconds of my life back

i sat through the whole thing waiting for something worth watching to happen...i dont even get the point of that thing...am i retarded???

daryn
10-03-2005, 05:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]

i sat through the whole thing waiting for something worth watching to happen...i dont even get the point of that thing...am i retarded???

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, you are but it has nothing to do with you not understanding/liking this movie.

PoBoy321
10-03-2005, 05:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]

i just think it's cool because the song is wicked catchy, and it loops around full circle at the end. and it's just a cool little story. it does what it does without doing too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the song's awesome and the looping thing is definitely very cool.

As for the scrabble one, as far as I can tell, it's all made up. I don't know if there are any NSA members here who could tell us if there's such a thing as a triple triple, but I would be surprised if there isn't.

daryn
10-03-2005, 05:25 AM
wait, you would be surprised if there isn't, or is? it seems reasonable that there is such a thing.

JaBlue
10-03-2005, 05:26 AM
Pi is a very good full-length feature film about math and stuff. The protagonist, who has a jewish name, meets a jew who is interested in Kaballah (Jewish mysticism) and the math of Hebrew, The Torah, etc. which this girl refers to in her movie. Basically, this girl's whole second assertion is ripped from Pi, which is what mathematicians have been saying since, well, forever, except with numbers and geometry instead of words and tiles.

And I didn't care for this girl using her super genius 167 IQ to justify her life and chosen discipline

PoBoy321
10-03-2005, 05:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]

wait, you would be surprised if there isn't, or is? it seems reasonable that there is such a thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoops, typo. I meant to use a double negative. I would not be surprised if there was not. Granted, I'm sure that someone somewhere knows the highest possible single word score you can get in scrabble, but I don't know whether or not the author of the flash movie necessarily knows what it is. I certainly didn't take the thing as either factually based or autobiographical.

PoBoy321
10-03-2005, 05:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]

And I didn't care for this girl using her super genius 167 IQ to justify her life and chosen discipline

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't have either if I thought that the author had a 167 IQ or played scrabble for a living. Considering the allusion to suicide at the end, I assumed that it was a pure work of fiction.

daryn
10-03-2005, 05:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't have either if I thought that the author had a 167 IQ or played scrabble for a living. Considering the allusion to suicide at the end, I assumed that it was a pure work of fiction.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree in hindsight, but up until then i had no reason to believe it was not a true tale

JaBlue
10-03-2005, 05:35 AM
I took it for autobiographical and mostly factual. whatever.

Anyway, if you liked this movie check out Pi. Directed by same guy as Requiem for a Dream. Really good flick and probably inspired a lot if not all of this flash movie

Eurotrash
10-03-2005, 05:49 AM
wow, this bitch is crazy.

PoBoy321
10-03-2005, 05:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]

wow, this bitch is crazy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's the point.

Army Eye
10-03-2005, 05:53 AM
Man that Scrabble movie was gay.

And, it seems to me that a tournament-level player wouldn't play 'ADIEUS' like that, giving his opponent an easy play on the triple word square. Why not just play ADIEU? At most he's getting 2 or 3 extra points playing the S, which is a waste of an S to begin with, never mind the fact that you're leaving the triple word opportunity wide open.

lucas9000
10-03-2005, 09:11 AM
this (http://s7.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2JI01JCH35EWJ1C2VR6CG1F08S) is a pretty awesome flash video for radiohead's "creep."

TheCroShow
10-03-2005, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

not retarded, you didn't miss a thing. this flash is well-done and all, but it's artsy fartsy crap that emo kids drool over

gobboboy
10-03-2005, 03:50 PM
I saw this flash about a year ago. I really enjoyed it, actually. A lot of the works she's done are pretty cool. It's good to see some new and interesting things on the internet when I almost give up hope.

The ilovedeath flash is also really cool.