PDA

View Full Version : TT, standard or spewing?

10-03-2005, 01:30 AM
1/2 limit hold'em, 10 handed, Poker Room

Villain is unknown.

Hero is dealt 10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in middle position.

Preflop:

3 folds, Hero raises, 5 folds, BB calls

Flop:

3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, A /images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB bets, Hero raises, BB calls.

Yikes. I always feel totally lost in these situations. I'm not sure that raising is a great play, but folding seems too weak, and I can't go into call down mode already can I?

Turn:

2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB checks, Hero bets, BB calls

I thought I might be able to convince a weaker ace to fold here, maybe get some value out of lower PP? Honestly I wasn't thinking too much at the time.

River

A /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB bets, Hero calls

Should I be paying this off, getting like 7:1 on my money? Comments on all streets are welcome.

DCWildcat
10-03-2005, 01:33 AM
nh

tyler_cracker
10-03-2005, 01:35 AM
Yeah, these situations are tricky. I think this is a good time to use a WA/WB (way ahead/way behind) line and just call down (betting the river if checked to). By raising this flop, you're giving more money to a better hand, but letting a worse hand fold for cheap.

Given how you played it, this is an easy fold on the river.

shadow29
10-03-2005, 01:35 AM
Shouldn't you be writing a paper you nit?

DCWildcat
10-03-2005, 01:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Shouldn't you be writing a paper you nit?

[/ QUOTE ]

Abraham Lincoln can't help my [censored] poker game

Edit: I'm so tempted to post your 32o PFR from HJ hand.

That's a fuckload of acronyms.

shadow29
10-03-2005, 01:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
American liberal democracy has been influenced by many sources since its incarnation. From the Declaration of Independence to George W. Bush’s second inaugural, this government has shifted, transformed, and permutated in many directions; yet still it has remained centered around one common ideal: that all men are created equal. Recognizing this principle, great thinkers wrote of a commitment to that basic human freedom of equality, and thus shaped the United States for centuries to come. The Declaration of Independence first mapped out the American devotion to freedom. Throwing off and rebelling from a tyrant entirely uncommitted to the ideal of equality for all men, the founders initiated a new government dedicated to basic human freedoms. A hundred years later, American freedom undertook another transformation. Engulfed in Civil War, the United States still quarreled over the precise meaning of freedom. Abraham Lincoln, believing that all men were created equal, regardless of any extraneous factor, promised that a new form of freedom would define the United States in which a government would protect and defend all people. The Declaration of Independence and the Gettysburg Address both discuss American freedom and its intrinsic connection to American liberal democracy; however, the documents differ with respect to the degree to which freedom exists in these United States and the mode under which the government has responsibility to its citizenry.

[/ QUOTE ]

Check out the eloquence.

I allowed a "to be" verb in the first sentence because I really wanted it to start out with "American liberal democracy".

I am so good at engrish.

DCWildcat
10-03-2005, 01:41 AM
That is an excerpt from a paper in a class shadow and I share. How's that english motherfucker? You like that sentence?

That's also his picture in the avatar.

milesdyson
10-03-2005, 01:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
... however, the documents differ with respect to the degree to which freedom exists in these United States and the mode under which the government has responsibility to its citizenry.

[/ QUOTE ]
i would really consider editing the bolded sections of this sentence.

TheMainEvent
10-03-2005, 01:49 AM
I don't see you beating anything after he calls your flop raise. Especially when the /images/graemlins/heart.gif pops. I would give up.

shadow29
10-03-2005, 01:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
... however, the documents differ with respect to the degree to which freedom exists in these United States and the mode under which the government has responsibility to its citizenry.

[/ QUOTE ]
i would really consider editing the bolded sections of this sentence.

[/ QUOTE ]

i know i know, don't give me suggestions though. that would be bad. i am meeting w/ the prof tommorrow to go over it.

Jaran
10-03-2005, 01:56 AM
I think you can safely fold the river. I don't see you being good here 1 in 6 times. Villian is betting for a split pot in his eyes.

-Jaran

10-03-2005, 02:17 AM
i like every street.

i think your getting enough to justify calling that river.

Student Caine
10-03-2005, 02:29 AM
Preflop: Easy raise preflop imo.

Flop: Against an unknown this is sticky here. You raised PF, so BB should be crediting you with a strong hand. If he has a 3 he is more likely to (incorrectly) wait until the Turn to raise you. Of course, he could be raising his flush draw for value (incorrectly) or he may have an Ace and be hoping you have a large PP or even trying to get you to fold your large PP by betting the scare card (Ace).

I actually like the raise here. There is a chance that we still have the best hand, and I have seen too many situations where this raise wins the pot outright to not make it. Is this too results oriented?

Turn: So the three-flush just completed. If he has a 3 we are behind. If he has an ace we are just as far behind. I probably check this here in hopes of getting to a showdown as cheaply as possible. The only drawback to this is that we may very well be getting bet at on the River and if another scare card falls we are not in great shape.

River: He wouldn't go away and now he bets the Ace. I think I fold here, because I don't think we are good 1 in 7 times. We are probably looking at a weak Ace that figures he is splitting the pot with a shared second nuts.

scotty34
10-03-2005, 04:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought I might be able to convince a weaker ace to fold here

[/ QUOTE ]
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

POKhER
10-03-2005, 04:58 AM
If you think your ahead on the flop, why fold the river?
If you think your behind on the flop, why bet the turn?

To me it just screams out "I HAVE A WEAK ACE, YOU SCARED ME WITH YOUR AK/AA/AQ/AJ/AT"

Id of checked the turn and got a cheaper SD, The folded the river.

Call me weak, but what are we ahead of from the flop when he donk bets into the preflop raiser(US?)

22 - 99 except a 3x and Ax

@bsolute_luck
10-03-2005, 06:22 AM
check behind the turn. you're just asking for a c/r here and you have outs to a flush if villain merely has an Ace.

you can call the river you like, but the turn is not good.