PDA

View Full Version : KQo, should I 3-bet this turn?

10-03-2005, 01:19 AM
9 handed, 1/2 limit hold'em, Poker Room

Villain is a reasonable player from what I have observed in my short time at table.

Hero is UTG+1 with K /images/graemlins/club.gif, Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Preflop:

1 fold, Hero calls, 1 fold, Villain calls, 4 folds, BB checks.

Flop

K /images/graemlins/heart.gif, J /images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB checks, Hero bets, Villain calls, BB folds.

Turn

Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Hero bets, Villain raises, Hero ?????

I felt like this was a pretty close decision. Villain hasn't shown any maniacal tendencies, so I think his range is pretty narrow here. He could have something like a slowplayed KJ,possibly QJ two pair, and of course the dreaded AT (or maybe 9T?). I've ruled out the possibilty of a slowplayed set, because I'm pretty sure he's raising JJ-KK preflop. I suppose 33 is a possibility, although I didn't think about it at the time. Should I just call down, or is this an easy 3 bet?

tyler_cracker
10-03-2005, 01:24 AM
Easy 3-bet.

DCWildcat
10-03-2005, 01:31 AM
This is a no-brainer 3-bet. Anything else is woefully weak-tight.

And this is Poker Room, home of the morons. Don't overvalue his holdings.

10-03-2005, 01:36 AM
What if we consider the whole risk two bets to win one bet thing? Ie. If I have him beat I will most likely win one extra bet. If he has me beat he's capping the turn and I'll lose two bets. Do you really think I'm ahead 2/3 of the time here? His line screams a minimum of two pair, and with this board, aside from KJ and QJ I mentioned before, I'm struggling to find other hands that he could have which I have beat.

Weatherhead03
10-03-2005, 01:41 AM
3-bet in a heartbeat

tyler_cracker
10-03-2005, 01:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What if we consider the whole risk two bets to win one bet thing? Ie. If I have him beat I will most likely win one extra bet. If he has me beat he's capping the turn and I'll lose two bets. Do you really think I'm ahead 2/3 of the time here? His line screams a minimum of two pair, and with this board, aside from KJ and QJ I mentioned before, I'm struggling to find other hands that he could have which I have beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're misusing the concept of "risk two to win one", but i'm not sure exactly what you're trying to say.

The big issue here is this: top two pair is a big hand here, and you are ahead a large percent of the time. He can be raising with any number of hands that you beat (KJ/QJ/K3s/Q3s/J3s/pair that picked up a flush draw). Raise raise raise!

If Villain caps the turn, then you can start worrying that he has some enormous hand. But this is an easy, easy 3-bet.

madscratch
10-03-2005, 02:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're misusing the concept of "risk two to win one", but i'm not sure exactly what you're trying to say.

The big issue here is this: top two pair is a big hand here, and you are ahead a large percent of the time. He can be raising with any number of hands that you beat (KJ/QJ/K3s/Q3s/J3s/pair that picked up a flush draw). Raise raise raise!

If Villain caps the turn, then you can start worrying that he has some enormous hand. But this is an easy, easy 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

POKhER
10-03-2005, 04:37 AM
3bet, call down a cap unless you it Full House.

scotty34
10-03-2005, 04:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
3bet, call down a cap unless you it Full House.

[/ QUOTE ]
and raise preflop