PDA

View Full Version : QQ overpair in a big pot

Ryan11
10-03-2005, 01:04 AM
BB: 21/3/1.25
CO: 33/33/1 (Not many hands tho)
MP2: 34.5/5/0.76

How badly did I play this?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (20 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, BB calls.

Turn: (18 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

River: (22 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 folds, CO calls.

Final Pot: 25 BB

thesharpie
10-03-2005, 01:26 AM
How many hands do you have on BB? I start calling down from the flop 3 bet. I like the flop raise.

TheMainEvent
10-03-2005, 01:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I start calling down from the flop 3 bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to say this too, but given the opportunity to face the other 3 players with two more bets, isn't it worth a cap?

edit: n/m, I guess if they cold called 2 bets on the flop already they aren't going to fold for 2 more.

thesharpie
10-03-2005, 01:50 AM
I think we're usually behind when he 3 bets, plus what you said about them not folding for 2 more.

MCS
10-03-2005, 01:53 AM
Have you read SSHE? This seems like the "Two Overpair Hands" section, where you have a hand where it may be worth calling the flop and raising the turn. The pot is huge, and your flop raise won't knock anyone out, but your turn raise might.

Alex/Mugaaz
10-03-2005, 02:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Have you read SSHE? This seems like the "Two Overpair Hands" section, where you have a hand where it may be worth calling the flop and raising the turn. The pot is huge, and your flop raise won't knock anyone out, but your turn raise might.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with the chapter in SSHE, but in my experience it just never works, people think that everyone is behind, or that if they hit any of their overcards they win this huge pot, they just wont fold. So I just raise the flop and raise the turn: I don't expect anyone to fold, it's just for value. I think this works in live games more where the fish are typically playing with somewhat scard money, but online it just isn't real enough for them.

Ryan11
10-03-2005, 02:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How many hands do you have on BB? I start calling down from the flop 3 bet. I like the flop raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not many .. ~50

Waloonga
10-03-2005, 02:42 AM
I don't know if I would have capped with so many players pre-flop. Capping is only going to guarantee that they never will fold this hand, the pot odds are just way too high. However, I do agree with checking/calling the flop and reraising or check-raising the turn.

Alex/Mugaaz
10-03-2005, 02:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if I would have capped with so many players pre-flop. Capping is only going to guarantee that they never will fold this hand, the pot odds are just way too high. However, I do agree with checking/calling the flop and reraising or check-raising the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said in the previous post, in my experience they won't fold, ever. Any hand that folds has undercards to your queens. If you know they are not going to fold then you just need to jam it up, so your concern is how to get as many bets into the pot as possible. If I think people would fold for 2 on the turn I will definitely go that route, but in my experience they won't.

MCS
10-03-2005, 02:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So I just raise the flop and raise the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

This only works if your opponent BETS the turn after you raise the flop. In my games, people often check to the flop raiser, so it doesn't work as well.

Alex/Mugaaz
10-03-2005, 03:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So I just raise the flop and raise the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

This only works if your opponent BETS the turn after you raise the flop. In my games, people often check to the flop raiser, so it doesn't work as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

True a lot of the time, but I said before that I base my decision about how to get the most in available. If the player is being lagtastic i raise the flop and turn, if not ill just raise the turn.

10-03-2005, 01:42 PM
I would have raised on both the turn and river. The hands that beat you are pocket A's, K's, and a hand with the case 7.

10-03-2005, 01:48 PM
He said he only had 50 hands but with a PFR of 3 I would start to be scared that he does have a big PP and just call down after the flop 3 bet.