PDA

View Full Version : 97 Aggression ok?

Roadstar
10-03-2005, 12:37 AM
Just started playing 2/4. Need to know if this level of aggression is appropriate. No good reads yet, PT shows Villain as 25% VPIP 3% PFR over 32 hands.

Would you play this any differently? Am I too aggressive based on my recent time spent at 1/2 6 max?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Too loose of a call I presume?

Flop: (6.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Is the C/R here ok? or should I just bet out. I put Villain on AK, AQ when he just called the C/R.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Picked up open ended kept betting.

River: (7.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Thinking Bet/Fold at river.

Final Pot: 9.25 BB

Thanks - any pointers appreciated!

Vote4Pedro
10-03-2005, 12:42 AM
I play it the same

MrWookie47
10-03-2005, 12:47 AM
Preflop, turn, and river are great. I haven't made up my mind on the flop yet.

lautzutao
10-03-2005, 12:53 AM
I'm just curious what we put villian on when we bet the river? Underpair to the 9's?

What is villian raising with here UTG that we beat when that K comes up? AJ, AQ, AT, 88-22 that doesn't connect to this board... we lose to everything else right?

Not saying betting river is incorrect just wondering if we can narrow down villian's possible hands.

DCWildcat
10-03-2005, 12:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm just curious what we put villian on when we bet the river? Underpair to the 9's?

What is villian raising with here UTG that we beat when that K comes up? AJ, AQ, AT, 88-22 that doesn't connect to this board... we lose to everything else right?

Not saying betting river is incorrect just wondering if we can narrow down villian's possible hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty big range, considering the texture of the board. Hearts, various straight draws, middle pair with an ace...

I think I favor betting out on the flop.

Roadstar
10-03-2005, 01:16 AM
I think you have a good point. I have seen ppl at the table calling down w/ AK, AQ, AJ. At the same time, villain is unlikely to have AA-QQ since he didn't play back at me.

I felt I had to bet because ppl at table tend to bet when checked to (unless I was planning a sexy on the river if a deuce came).

At any rate, what is consensus on the flop play?

If I bet, I'm as likely to be raised by AK, AQ, AJ as a high PP and I'm not likely to 3 bet.

Would a bet/call on flop and donk turn be a better line?

Thanks guys!

lautzutao
10-03-2005, 01:19 AM
I really like the flop and turn, just not so sure about the river.

Redd
10-03-2005, 01:26 AM
Everybody likes the pf call against an UTG+1 3% pfr? With a 1-gapper we're worse than 5:1 to hit a straight or flush draw here and our implied odds suck because even when we hit we're usually paying to draw.

SCfuji
10-03-2005, 01:29 AM
damn dude i fold this pf although i do like having the aggressor to our immediate left.

flop i check call and lead a safe turn.

im more torn on the river wookie. id rather check call and get him to bluff at me with missed overs.

lautzutao
10-03-2005, 01:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty big range, considering the texture of the board. Hearts, various straight draws, middle pair with an ace...

[/ QUOTE ]

But is he raising with Ax from UTG, or with any kind of straight draw that connects with this board?

I pokercalc'd with villian holding Sklansky's HPFAP group 1-4 hands in this situation and we're a dog...

Now, is this villian playing to those standards? More than like likely not. But it's something to consider yes?

Roadstar
10-03-2005, 12:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop, turn, and river are great. I haven't made up my mind on the flop yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what are you leaning towards, C/R or bet out? And call a raise on flop and donk turn?

Thanks Wook!

lautzutao
10-03-2005, 12:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Everybody likes the pf call against an UTG+1 3% pfr? With a 1-gapper we're worse than 5:1 to hit a straight or flush draw here and our implied odds suck because even when we hit we're usually paying to draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

We're getting 5:1 on our call preflop with FD and SD possibilities. Yeah I call this without blinking.