PDA

View Full Version : Loose Fast and Aggresive 2-4 2-8

10-03-2005, 12:32 AM
Hi,

I just played in a 2-4, 2-8 game (you can bet between 2-4 pre-flop/flop and between 4-8 on the turn and river). It's what you would call a loose fast/aggresive game. I'm really pretty baffled on how to play such a table with a winning strategy. Its a live local game with all the same players who are just maniacs. They bet/raise anything. If you have a pocket pair such as 99,TT, crap even KK, you will come in raising from late and they will just re-raise you to 8 and eventually capping it at 16 (along with everyone calling). Its a really confusing game. It feels as if they will always catch on you, giving you a psychological mind f#$k. People are playing Kx, Qx, Ax, just anything... 94o. Does anyone have any expeirence playing a game structure / players such as this? It feels when you have high pocket pairs even broadways you will always be cracked because of how much multiway action you get each round. Not to mention with the betting structure being the way it is, it is really dificult to keep track of pot odds (since they can bet between any amount $4, $5, $6, $7, 8$, on the turn/river). This prices you out alot of the times, and other times I can't even keep track. It is about a juicy a game as there comes by if I can somehow understand how to get an edge with this high betting and calling. Because its basically a 4-8 game, how much BB's do you think I need to have bank rolled in order to play it and handle the swings: 500? Any suggestions would be awesome, thanks.

Brian

JacksonTens
10-03-2005, 01:03 AM
If the game is really this wild, with it always capped Preflop and on later streets. Simply play the premium.

AA-QQ, AK and AKs. (if you want add in JJ-TT, AQ-AJs)Even though you will be in next to no hands when your in your EV will be higher, this tactic will also lower your variance.

JT /images/graemlins/spade.gif

10-03-2005, 03:44 AM
I see. Thanks for the reply

Brian