PDA

View Full Version : Set facing two cold.

goofball
10-02-2005, 11:37 PM
15/30 at Wynn, full table.

UTG+2 player open limps, MP limps, button raises, I call in the SB with 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif BB folds, UTG+2 calls MP calls. Button is 17/9 utg+2 is 15/8

I would characterize boht players as pretty similar and pretty tag. I don't think they are capable of many moves but both play their good hands aggressively for value. Neither open raises quite enough and open limps from them just mean hands they aren't good enough to rasie but they want to play. I know it seems incomplete to post the same read for two opponents but they really were that similar.

MP is just a loose/bad monkey.

(who likes just folding PF against these three?)

Flop comes down: J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif

I bet, UTG+2 calls, MP calls, button calls.

Turn is 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif

I bet UTG+2 raises, MP coldcalls, button 3bets, I 4bet...

ihardlyknowher
10-03-2005, 12:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]

UTG+2 player open limps, MP limps, button raises, I call in the SB with 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif BB folds, UTG+2 calls MP calls. Button is 17/9 utg+2 is 15/8

I would characterize boht players as pretty similar and pretty tag. I don't think they are capable of many moves but both play their good hands aggressively for value. Neither open raises quite enough and open limps from them just mean hands they aren't good enough to rasie but they want to play. I know it seems incomplete to post the same read for two opponents but they really were that similar.

MP is just a loose/bad monkey.

(who likes just folding PF against these three?)

Flop comes down: J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif

I bet, UTG+2 calls, MP calls, button calls.

Turn is 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif

I bet UTG+2 raises, MP coldcalls, button 3bets, I 4bet...

[/ QUOTE ]

I make that PF call 100% of time. I would cap the turn because you are about 50/50 to be ahead of UTG+2 (50% chance he has JT & 50% chance he has an overset); almost a 2:1 favorite to be ahead of Button; and surely ahead of MP. I would definitely bet the river if no A, K, Q, or 9 fell.

DcifrThs
10-03-2005, 12:09 AM
how did you get 15/9 and 15/8 or whatever for live players at teh wynn?

did you have a little counter with you? why did you care? 3

do you think the pf raiser would cold call the flop raise with KK/AA? if he'd never do that then you should just call down, if he would then 4 bet.

but his play reeks of JJ/TT if he's good.
Barron

JacksonTens
10-03-2005, 12:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Very interested in this answer.

JT /images/graemlins/spade.gif

The Truth
10-03-2005, 12:21 AM
AK/AQ of hearts is likely too.

Live players are usually more passive then online. I like slowing way down here.

-blake

goofball
10-03-2005, 12:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Very interested in this answer.

JT /images/graemlins/spade.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

heh, not really interesting scandalous. starting out thinkign it owuld be interesting to guess that as a read then decided tha twas stupid.

Also, 5 bets is a cap when live not 4

goofball
10-03-2005, 12:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

did you have a little counter with you? why did you care? 3

do you think the pf raiser would cold call the flop raise with KK/AA? if he'd never do that then you should just call down, if he would then 4 bet.

but his play reeks of JJ/TT if he's good.
Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

There was no flop raise, I bet they called./

mc1023
10-03-2005, 01:16 AM
I could see UTG+2 having a str8 here Q9s.

anyhow I would call the 3bets and re-evaluate depending on UTG+2 and button's actions.

if UTG+2 just calls the raise, I say donk the river on a blank and call if raised.

if UTG+2 raises again I'm pretty sure he has the str8 since with your description I don't think UTG+2 would not raise TT or JJ.

veganmav
10-06-2005, 02:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So they released a version of pokerace hud for live games?
I need to get that!!