PDA

View Full Version : Observation re: internet flops

binions
10-02-2005, 10:57 PM
Oftentimes, I will play two tables or more.

I know the flops are randomized, and this observation is worthless in practice.

But it sure seems like whenever I have a borderline decision whether to play a hand on table A, if that hand would really like the flop on table B, it will almost never like the flop on Table A if I decide to play it.

10-03-2005, 12:11 AM
it's totally random. you've been playing too much. lol

skitzo444
10-03-2005, 01:44 AM
That happens all the time when multitabling. Play the right cards at the right table and leave silly patterns out of your strategy.

elmo
10-03-2005, 02:17 AM
It alot easier to flop a set/ quads when there are 4 of the card still in the deck.

mudbuddha
10-03-2005, 02:52 PM
2x as many of your cards
thats why your cards look so good on the other table

Luzion
10-03-2005, 04:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That happens all the time when multitabling. Play the right cards at the right table and leave silly patterns out of your strategy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously every table is supposed to be independent of the other tables. But yeah, psychologically I can understand why you would do that.

10-04-2005, 12:34 AM
Human minds have the amazing ability to frequently see relationships and patterns, even to the point of seeing false ones in completely random and independent events

AaronBrown
10-04-2005, 08:04 PM
I notice the same thing with women. If I'm trying to pick someone up, and while I'm doing it I spot someone I would like even better, I don't succeed with the first one.

Poker is a jealous mistress, my son.

10-04-2005, 09:25 PM
You hear the same argument every time about poker sites "cheating" because of the theoretically disproportionate amount of large hands that win pots (straights, flushes, boats, etc). I played 150 hands in 90 minutes recently, on a single table, so you're going to see that a lot more often than you would playing one hand every two minutes live.

Not that I don't do that occasionally myself -- I remarked to someone recently how I "always" get five-gap hands in the blinds in hold 'em, like J6 or T5. The funny "patterns" you notice sometimes...

Justin A
10-05-2005, 05:39 PM
Selective memory.