PDA

View Full Version : Shucking and Jiving – Checking and Calling

Huh
05-19-2003, 01:32 AM
Pretty good $6-$12 home game. Here are some hands that I was more passive on and wanted opinions. I felt like a calling station at times, but I am trying to be more selective with my aggression, and less inclined to lay down a hand, when the pot dictates it.

Hand 1:
I am in late position. An early TAG raises, folded to a middle-late player who’s play is questionable re-raises, and I cold-call two with AKo. Flop comes up XXX no-paint two tone.
TAG bets out, MP calls, I call. Turn is an offsuit Jack. TAG bets, we both call. River is a King. Tag checks, MP bets out I call Tag folds. MP and I split the pot.

Hand 2:
I am on the button with QTs. 4 people limp, I limp, blinds come along.

Flop is 972 rainbow. Checked around. Turn is Ten, putting up a flush draw. Checked to me, I bet, SB check-raises me, and it’s folded back around to me. SB is not what I like to call a tricky-player, although his play baffles me a bit sometimes. I think and call. River is inconsequential. He bets, I call, and my hand is good. He had pocket sixes.

Hand 3:
I am in the cutoff, two limpers and I limp with T8s. Button and blinds come along. Flop is 892 two tone. I bet, button raises, folded back to me and I call. Button is pretty standard player. His limping standards are a little less than mine, but he is only slightly tricky post-flop. Turn is an Ace, no flush. I check-call. River is a 9. I check-call. Opponent shows A9 for the full-house.

Hand 4:
One limper, and I am in middle position with TT. I raise, same button re-raises. Limper and I call. Flop is 892 rainbow. I bet-out, button raises, limper folds, I call. Turn is a 3 or something like that. I check, he bets, I fold.

Comments on all hands appreciated. I think I played Hand 3 especially bad(probably because it was the one I lost). Hand 1 I am still unsure about. I thought there was a small chance my hand was good, and a very good chance I was drawing to 5(I gave someone else an AJ+ hand) outs,. Coupled together I thought the call was okay. Hand 2 was a classic case of not knowing where I was at. On hand 4, I very much felt behind, and think I made the correct play.

Thanks,
-Huh /forums/images/icons/confused.gif