PDA

View Full Version : 15/30 Set of nines in multiway pot

nut case ace
10-02-2005, 10:22 PM
This was the 15/30 game at Commerce. It had just started, which means it wasn't the best game in the world since most of the players were the better players from the 9/18 tables. CO had been pretty quiet, but was definitely capable of stealing in that position w/ JK, A9, etc. SB is terrible and will play any pair/draw till the river. BB is probably the best of the three, but not the greatest player ever. Anyway, here's the hand:

Preflop:
Folds to CO who raises, I have 99 and 3-bet, SB calls, BB caps, we call, 4 to the flop.

Flop: Jh 9h 6s
BB bets, CO raises, I 3-bet, SB calls, BB caps, we all call.

Turn: (Jh 9h 6s) 2s
BB bets, CO calls, I call, SB calls.

River: (Jh 9h 6s 2s) Ad
BB checks, CO checks, I bet...

flawless_victory
10-02-2005, 10:42 PM
raise the turn.
post in small stakes.
bye.

onegymrat
10-02-2005, 11:08 PM
Hi Ace,

With only one hand that has you beat, I would most definitely raise the turn. You are either going to win a huge pot and lose a huge pot to a draw.

LarsVegas
10-02-2005, 11:26 PM
Raise the turn. Other than that, fine.

lars

White Elephant
10-02-2005, 11:39 PM
I agree 100% to raise the turn here. I'm not sure I agree that this should be posted in small-stakes. Isn't 15/30 generally considered mid-stakes?

bone77
10-03-2005, 01:29 AM
yeah, what everyone else said. i'm assuming your thinking is that you don't want to get 3-bet by JJ on the turn, that's why no raise? sure this is a game of incomplete information and when they all check to you on the river it looks like your set is good but live a little on the turn, gamble up just this one time and take a chance that those 9's are good still on the turn and charge those drawing hands the max. oh, and flawless, you need to get a life brother.