PDA

View Full Version : Turn fold here?

dux
05-18-2003, 11:58 PM
25c/50c limit at PokerStars (I've cashed out all my money except for a little bit). While I tend not to play this low anymore, the hand is a standard top-pair-top-kicker vs everybody and their dog trying to draw out on you.
I get A/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif Q/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif on the big blind.
The first 4 players limp, folded to the small blind who completes, and I check (I was not in a good frame of mind). The flop is T/forums/images/icons/heart.gif Q/forums/images/icons/spade.gif 5/forums/images/icons/heart.gif
The small blind checks, I bet, UTG folds, the next three call, and the small blind folds.
Turn T/forums/images/icons/spade.gif (T/forums/images/icons/heart.gif Q/forums/images/icons/spade.gif 5/forums/images/icons/heart.gif)
I bet, player to my left calls, player to his left folds, the next player raises, I fold.

Can anybody see me being infront on the turn, and would anyone reccomend chasing if I'm not? Would anybody try and checkraise this flop? Should I have bet my AQs from the big blind?

Thanks.

elysium
05-19-2003, 02:22 AM
hi dux
yea, you want to be careful here dux. when the second spade hits and your opponent comes to life, the spade may have helped him.

before folding, you usually want to be pretty sure he's not semi-bluff raising you off the best hand. you're in the lead here and usually that is second best's only real chance.

slavic
05-19-2003, 03:14 AM
K9s(18 outs) AKs(15 outs) 89s(15 outs)
K9h(18 outs) AKh(15 outs) 89h(15 outs)

These hands get proper odds to raise 3 way with the bonus that the raise may drive the best hand out. A player with Tx will still call but you still may win that hand.

The downside is that if you get called and complete you can only get 1 bet on the river. Plus there is a chance of a boat and you may be drawing dead.

It makes a little more sense heads up, the main idea is that you are going to win close to 35% of the time so will a semi-bluff on the turn win you the pot more than 15% of the time? If so then it's a good play, obviously it doesn't work in low limit games as I can tell you. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

lil'
05-19-2003, 08:08 AM
At this limit, you know it's probably over. Good fold. On the off chance that you were not behind, you were probably going to have to dodge a bunch of outs on the river anyway.

Sounds like you know you missed a raise pre-flop.