PDA

View Full Version : A few hands from today - sort of long.

Nottom
05-18-2003, 11:23 PM
Had a pretty good day on Paradise today, but as always still caught myself making mistakes. Figured I would post a few hands to get everyone elses opinions.

Hand 1:
3/6 game and I'm a bit shortstacked ($24) at the moment ... had meant to get more chips but forgot, so of course I get dealt KK on the button.

MP player open-raises, folded to me and I 3-bet, blinds fold, MP calls.

Flop: 8c 6d Kd
Check, bet, call

Turn: 7d
Check, bet, call

River: Qd
Check, I bet going all-in, he calls

Hand 2: Still 3/6. I'm in the BB with As8s
Folded to SB who raises, I re-raise, he calls.

Flop: 5d 9s 2h
Check, I bet, call

Turn: 9d
Check, bet, call

River: Ac
Check, bet, call

Hand 3:
Folded to me in MP with AJ, I open raise. Somewhat weak-tightish player in LP cold-calls, BB calls. 3 to the flop.

Flop: 8d Td 5h
BB bets, I raise, LP folds, BB calls.

Turn: 5s
Check, check

River: 6h
Bet, I fold.

Hand 4:
Folded to the guy 2 off the button who raises, I'm in the cut-off and cold-call with 44 (I really can't tell you why). The rest fold.

Flop: Js 6s 8h
He bets, I raise, he calls.

Turn: Qd
Check, check

River: 8s
Check, Check

Hand 5:
EP and MP limper to me in CO w/Ah7h, I limp, BB checks.

Flop: Kd Qc 3s
Check, check, check, check.

Turn: Ac
Checked to me, I bet, BB calls, limpers fold.

River: 3d
Check, bet, call.

I know most of these aren't particularly exciting, but I'm sure there are lots of nice places to point out how bad I am. Results coming soon.

Nottom
05-19-2003, 01:34 PM

Joe Tall
05-19-2003, 02:28 PM
Hand #1 - I think your play is routine, I may have checked the river, however. Hopefully, he didn't flop over the Ad or any diamond for that matter and take it down.

Hand #2 - I'm aggressive when I suspect a steal such as this play so re-raising is not out of the question, maybe a turn check is in order if he's going to call you down, and when the Ace hits, he bets you can call it then.

Hand #3 - Not sure why you re-raised the flop unless you have the Ad? You can call, and if nothing hits, fold and save a bet. Other than that I think your turn-check and river-fold is fine.

Hand #4 - cold call with the George Gervin 44, um, even I fold here. Re-raise with all over cards on the flop, even I fold here. I dunno, maybe Big-slick missed and you took it down.

Hand #5 - routine.

CrackerZack
05-19-2003, 02:31 PM
Hand 1 I'm guessing you lost to something like QdJx or AdTx or something like that. Play was reasonable especially with the shortstack and getting all your money in.

Hand 2 seems pretty standard. Heads up your Ace high worth betting in both situation. A turn c/r put you in a tough spot though and probably moves you off your hand. River is an easy bet after the turn was just called.

Hand 3 I like the play.

Hand 4 I would've folded pre-flop, after you didn't, bet the river and fold to a raise. You look just like a flush draw and could make a better hand fold.

Hand 5 Seems pretty standard, the 3 pairing gave you a lot of kicker help on the river and might've gotten you a chop you didn't have before.

Nottom
05-19-2003, 03:54 PM
Hand 1:
If I wasn't shortstacked, I probably wouldn't have bet the river fearing the check-raise, but since I didn't have any more money that wasn't an issue. He showed AQ with no diamond ... who saw that coming.

Hand 2: I hate letting people steal my blinds, unfortunately I tend to be a bit paranoid at times and see thieves when there isn't one. Luckily, this guy was nice enough to pretend he didn't have anything and let me suck out on his 10-10.

Hand 3: I tend to make plays like this too often, but on this one I wanted to knock the cold-caller off AQ if he had it and clean-up my outs while taking a free card from the poor BB.

Hand 4: We got a new kitten this weekend, so I'm going to blame the pre-flop play on the cat (not sure how, but I certainly have no clue what was going through my head at the time). I was pretty sure the raiser either had a big pair or that flop missed him and figured the only way to find out was to raise. When he didn't re-raise I was pretty sure my hand was good. On the turn, that queen was scary and I don't like being checkraised by AQ. When he checks the river, I really think I missed a bet. I might scare him off something like TT or he might call with something like ... AK which is what he had.

Hand 5: Now I tend to be one of those players that tends to bet just about anything if you check to him, and I was really tempted here. If there was one less player I probably would have. Turn play is obvious, as was the river play. BB of course flips over 3 /forums/images/icons/club.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/club.gif and drags the pot, leaving me to wonder if he would have called a flop bet.

Thanks to all who responded.

CrackerZack
05-19-2003, 04:23 PM
Hand 5, if he didn't fold to a turn bet he wouldn't have folded to a flop bet and betting one overcard, no draw on the flop can't be a +EV play. At least he didn't check-raise the river.

Nottom
05-19-2003, 04:40 PM
On the turn he picked up a flush draw, on the flop he just had bottom pair crap kicker. I suppose I should be content that he didn't check-raise me, I certainly can't understand why he didn't, and stop worrying about making bad bluffs on the flop.