PDA

View Full Version : Album Review: Matt Sweeny and Bonnie "Prince" Billy split

JaBlue
10-02-2005, 08:17 PM
The album is called Superwolf

I just got this album from a friend. I had never heard of either of these dudes and my friend listens to some crap music so I was prepared for the worst. The album was a pleasant surprise. The music is bass, guitar, and drums and vocals. The music is pretty soft and emotional, which may sound like it might suck, but it is not what most people would call "emo." Thank god. Their two voices go well together and the lyrics are imaginative.

Overall I'd give the album 7.0/10, or one thumb up and one thumb sideways

jgorham
10-02-2005, 08:19 PM
You should really get "I See A Darkness" by Bonnie Prince Billie. CMI recommended it to me, and I was pretty hesitant as it really isn't my type of music. But it really is a fantastic album.

tomahawk
10-02-2005, 09:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You should really get "I See A Darkness" by Bonnie Prince Billie. CMI recommended it to me, and I was pretty hesitant as it really isn't my type of music. But it really is a fantastic album.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed!

Also the track "I see a Darkness" on that album is easily on my top ten songs of the nineties list. It is IMO also one of the two originals of Cash-covers that is actually better than the cover version, which is impressive.