PDA

View Full Version : Seattle, what's going on?

Clarkmeister
10-02-2005, 07:31 PM
Strip clubs going away? (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051002/ap_on_re_us/banning_lap_dances) If so, it'll mean more talent in Vegas. There's already a large Seattle contingent down here that migrates during busy times.

edfurlong
10-02-2005, 07:52 PM
Take em.

If you can't drink its not a strip club.

theben
10-02-2005, 07:54 PM
grrrrrrrrrrrr

MaxPower
10-02-2005, 07:58 PM
Didn't they try that in Los Angeles? I don't think it lasted and it probably won't in Seattle.

The Goober
10-02-2005, 08:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Take em.

If you can't drink its not a strip club.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, strip clubs here already suck terribly. The one time I went to Deja Vu downtown (for a bachelor party) it was a $20 cover to get in, no alcohol, and the strippers were constantly bugging me for lap dances, because if they don't sell enough they can actually *lose* money for the night (they basically have to pay rent to work there).

All in all not a recipe for a good time. I just want to get drunk, see some boobies, and throw money at the stage.

The new laws being proposed are really stupid and are basically just a way to make sure that no new clubs open in seattle. Its just like the gambling thing - everyone is afraid that seattle will turn into shoreline, which wouldn't really be such a bad thing imho.

B Dids
10-02-2005, 08:54 PM
Our city kinda blows like this. We've always been pretty good at cracking down on late night fun. Tricky problem, 'cause it isn't like strip club patrons are a vocal group or anything.

ThaSaltCracka
10-02-2005, 10:01 PM
very sad day for seattle.

bernie
10-03-2005, 01:29 AM
Not really suprising if anyone really followed how they've tried to regulat the strip clubs over the years. As 'liberal' as many see Seattle, it has a very prudish underbelly. Especially when it comes to those on councils. Those same members that also don't mind spending tax money for strippers themselves. Morons.

See the 'Strippergate' BS for some of the doublestandards they have in regard to strip clubs.

b

ThaSaltCracka
10-03-2005, 02:00 AM
Bernie, Portland is full of strip clubs. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

bernie
10-03-2005, 02:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Bernie, Portland is full of strip clubs. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear Portland is a great party town. I may have to swing through when I hit the road....

...eventually.

b